Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pride_Of_The_Midlands

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

Spending £40 in the summer on a game while World Cup is on TV and I could be in a beer garden somewhere...I just can't do it.

You vastly over rate the average British Summer my friend, bar last year I think we've had no more than about 2-3 weeks of good weather the entire summer for about 7 years! 

You vastly over rate the average British Summer my friend, bar last year I think we've had no more than about 2-3 weeks of good weather the entire summer for about 7 years! 

Global warming's working, it will only get better :ph34r:

You gonna give us some reasons why? lol

I'll start by saying that my TV is a bit dated and I can understand why they'd build the game around better TV's that mine, so I won't slate the graphics. That said, the stadium/fan details are very decent again and I was enjoying it when I started playing.

Then we get to the arena and I've already discovered it's just littered with the same stupid errors as FIFA. My first shot in the arena was one of those ridiculous, unrealistic, never-happen-in-real-life shots where you hit it from a little bit of an angle, your player falls over and the ball doesn't even lift off the ground.

I've not played FIFA 14 in a while as I think it's woeful and I've honestly not missed it at all. I get more entertainment from the old PES 2009.

To me the gameplay is just riddled with the basic similar errors you see in FIFA and there's absolutely no way I'm paying £40 to basically change a few stadiums/menus.

That said it's about time I update and get an Xbox One/PS4 and a decent TV, though it isn't near my priorities list at the minute.

I'll start by saying that my TV is a bit dated and I can understand why they'd build the game around better TV's that mine, so I won't slate the graphics. That said, the stadium/fan details are very decent again and I was enjoying it when I started playing.

Then we get to the arena and I've already discovered it's just littered with the same stupid errors as FIFA. My first shot in the arena was one of those ridiculous, unrealistic, never-happen-in-real-life shots where you hit it from a little bit of an angle, your player falls over and the ball doesn't even lift off the ground.

I've not played FIFA 14 in a while as I think it's woeful and I've honestly not missed it at all. I get more entertainment from the old PES 2009.

To me the gameplay is just riddled with the basic similar errors you see in FIFA and there's absolutely no way I'm paying £40 to basically change a few stadiums/menus.

That said it's about time I update and get an Xbox One/PS4 and a decent TV, though it isn't near my priorities list at the minute.

Oh my, take that back, I tired playing PES 2009 about two years ago I couldn't believe how bad it was compared to modern FIFA's stuggled to see how I managed to play if for so long. 

Oh my, take that back, I tired playing PES 2009 about two years ago I couldn't believe how bad it was compared to modern FIFA's stuggled to see how I managed to play if for so long. 

Personal preference. I stuck it on a few weeks ago, I was intrigued - I'm not claiming it's a brilliant game or a better one, but... I certainly find it more enjoyable. Something about FIFA nowadays is just painfully predictable.

Can fully see why anyone wouldn't rate it as highly but there are certain aspects of it (the fact playing against the CPU doesn't send you to sleep) that I find better.

Personal preference. I stuck it on a few weeks ago, I was intrigued - I'm not claiming it's a brilliant game or a better one, but... I certainly find it more enjoyable. Something about FIFA nowadays is just painfully predictable.

Can fully see why anyone wouldn't rate it as highly but there are certain aspects of it (the fact playing against the CPU doesn't send you to sleep) that I find better.

The whole game feels like it's on rails, it's terrible!

I'm still yet to play FIFA or this on a next gen console so I'm probably the wrong person to ask on it all.

The detail of these games is often phenomenal but the gameplay on the demo was, in my opinion, shit.

Out today...............anyone bought?

Will be picking up a copy after work seems to have been received quite well. 

Will definitely be getting it, seem to enjoy the World Cup games more than regular FIFA's.

I love World Cup games, get such a buzz playing with international teams.

But I've played the demo, and agree with Dan, I didn't really like it.

The players move about, like they are pissed, Fifa 14 is nothing like that and is far more neater. 

I love World Cup games, get such a buzz playing with international teams.

But I've played the demo, and agree with Dan, I didn't really like it.

The players move about, like they are pissed, Fifa 14 is nothing like that and is far more neater. 

Every single goal I scored was a tap in. It was ridiculous.

It's ridiculous that we aren't 4.5 but it's not the first time EA Sports have had slightly odd star ratings and it wont be the last. 

What I don't understand is that Portugal have 82 attack, 81 midfield and 80 defence compared to England's 82 attack, 78 midfield and 79 defence.

Yet Portugal are 4.5* and England 5*.

Archived