Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

There's one bloke in there (not sure if it's the same one) a row or two behind you who seems to be saying 'shit song' every 5 mins no matter what we're singing. Not sure what he's doing in there to be fair as he clearly prefers silence.

Nah it's a different one. I know exactly who he is.

Good news/ bad news time. Bad news is, Tom and I have tickets in sk1 for the Burnley game, so we'll be cadging drinks in the S & R before the game. Good news is, after 18 years Tom has finally put his hand in his pocket and paid for both tickets! Just down to me to provide transport and pre match beers. See you all there lads and lasses.

Just hope I can get CP tickets for the week before

He doesn't drink lager

He doesn't drink cider

He doesn't drink bitter

He doesn't drink vodka

He won't drink tequila

Or Jagermeister

He plays for the Leicester

He's Danny Drinkwater

Remember the guy on the train back from blackburn that had his own version of this song.

He just kept coming out with shit song after shit song!

Preview for the Stoke game here. Some would say bitter but that's football - you can't respect everyone.

Plenty of us will be at the Terrace Bar on Leek Road from 11am onwards. Hoping for a similar atmosphere to last season's cup game there - will be good to meet some new faces.

Union FS

• Like 1

Such good fun, I was bouncing around for ages. Knackered by the end.

Was expecting to find a video two of the camaraderie before the match. Sounds great.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that it was sung at a good pace when people clapped along slowly. Your group could control the speed of it just by clapping along steadily. Something to think about anyway.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

Might take stick for this but it's a song that I think a drum would actually help, though I thought it sounded pretty good quickly too on the radio.

Well - there you have it. Without trying to give ourselves too much of a pat on the back, a good, original idea from one person on Twitter has been transferred onto the terraces and I think a lot involved with this have credit to take for that. Hopefully the first of many.

Having a collective group definitely makes it easier to add to the songbook. 100 people who have pre-planned a chant so that they all sing it at the game will spread it much quicker than one bloke on his own. Other people are more likely to join in with something new if a large number of people are singing it.

Great opportunity to be original and create chants that are exclusively ours. 

Yeah we do need to make sure the pace is slower for this, so many of our chants are sang at a million miles an hour with fast clapping which leads to them running out if puff.

Im sure the song I was on about in the pub we sang last year and just changed the line at the end 'to pride of the east midlands'. Just cant picture the tune? Anyone?