Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adamlcfcbevo85

Lyon’s promising defender Samuel Umtiti.

Tunchev was too slow and injury prone to play Prem football. If he was fit, there's no doubt he would have though. As for Mahrez, as good as he's been and as promising as he looks, it's not quite the same. Umtiti is rated as one of the best future defenders in world football. He's not been watched by 'some prem clubs', he's been watched by Europe's best.

Don't get me wrong, if he came here, it would be unbelievable! In reality though, that's exactly what is is...unbelievable. No chance in hell.

If Pearson is genuinely going for players like umtiti,

Then he has GOT to know they will use the club as a stepping stone... Pearson seems too proud to allow that to happen....

Tunchev was too slow and injury prone to play Prem football. If he was fit, there's no doubt he would have though. As for Mahrez, as good as he's been and as promising as he looks, it's not quite the same. Umtiti is rated as one of the best future defenders in world football. He's not been watched by 'some prem clubs', he's been watched by Europe's best.

Don't get me wrong, if he came here, it would be unbelievable! In reality though, that's exactly what is is...unbelievable. No chance in hell.

The best clubs in Europe watch a lot of players, obviously as yet none have made a bid as he's still there. There is always a chance if you get in early.

The best clubs in Europe watch a lot of players, obviously as yet none have made a bid as he's still there. There is always a chance if you get in early.

While this is true, I personally just cannot see it happening. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen though!

Just my opinion at the end of the day. Fingers crossed eh?

Then he has GOT to know they will use the club as a stepping stone... Pearson seems too proud to allow that to happen....

Think that's a little Naive. We're Leicester City after all, not Manchester United. If we took that view, we'd only be able to get good players and never anything better. You have to accept that players will intend to use us as a stepping stone and then hope that you can succeed and match their ambition to ultimately change their mind.

Umtiti is supposedly decent from the point of view of his physical attributes and is coming on rapidly as a defender. Apparently his use of the ball is his weakness at the mo. I tend to spend a fair bit of time researching up and coming players, from what I've gathered quite a few think he's not cut out for the highest level, despite the attention he's had at times but you'd certainly think he'd end up at a decent club on the way where he'll either sink or swim. You never know with Pearson whether he'll surprise us and go for someone like this who is relatively well known in terms of young talents and who he'd potentially have to fight against other suitors, or whether there's nothing in this stuff (I assume this but might be wrong) and we'll either stick with Konchesky or bring in an unknown from somewhere!

If any player wants to use us as a stepping stone, they are going to haveto play well to impress, so ive no problem with that at all!

Samuel Umtiti be a good signing and the right age !! What would cost be tho !?

He's still under contract at Olympique Lyonnais until 2017.

If you believe transfermarkt.co.uk, his market value is around 8 million Euro - and thus probably a bit less than that in real life.

In any case, we'd have to pay A LOT of money a) to buy him out of the current contract and b) to then secure his services on a new deal.

He's still under contract at Olympique Lyonnais until 2017.

If you believe transfermarkt.co.uk, his market value is around 8 million Euro - and thus probably a bit less than that in real life.

In any case, we'd have to pay A LOT of money a) to buy him out of the current contract and b) to then secure his services on a new deal.

Still if you can afford to spend 72 million  a jet ? who knows.

Southampton signed Lovren from Lyon and they are definitely not a bigger club then Leicester, we could sign him, no doubt about it.

Yeah I suppose, Lyon have been relatively shot for a while, anyone reckon we could tempt Lacazette? :ph34r:

Archived