Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adamlcfcbevo85

Lyon’s promising defender Samuel Umtiti.

Lyon, one of the biggest clubs in France? Or newly promoted Leicester City? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lyon are having a poor season. They are struggling to compete with Monaco and PSG's dollar so are selling all their prize assets. That's why Bafetimbi Gomis - who I'm surprised we haven't been linked with already - and Clement Grenier etc are always linked with moves away.

I'd take Umtiti in a heartbeat if we could get him. Got a lot of potential and as people have pointed out he's versatile. Another young, hungry player would fit our mold. He could also learn a lot of someone of Konch's experience and would also be good competition for Schlupp.

Lyon are having a poor season. They are struggling to compete with Monaco and PSG's dollar so are selling all their prize assets. That's why Bafetimbi Gomis - who I'm surprised we haven't been linked with already - and Clement Grenier etc are always linked with moves away.

I'd take Umtiti in a heartbeat if we could get him. Got a lot of potential and as people have pointed out he's versatile. Another young, hungry player would fit our mold. He could also learn a lot of someone of Konch's experience and would also be good competition for Schlupp.

Gomis is out of contract too, I think.

I'm probably wrong but if wages weren't an issue I'd die if we made a move for him.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

The main reason Olympique Lyonnais are selling their best players is because they want to reduce their debt. They are also the only French club on the Paris stock exchange, which puts a lot of pressure on performing well each season:

Therefore, the impact of not qualifying for top European competition in 2011-12 had a profound effect on the club and started the break-up process of a team that had finished second and third consistently in the three seasons prior to that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2025476-charting-lyon-and-psgs-differing-paths-who-will-prove-more-successful

AND WE BUILT UMTITI ON ROCK AND ROLL......

Or in Leicester's case WE BUILT UMTITI ON PORK PIES AND SAUSAGE ROLLS

This hasn't received the credit it clearly deserves. Bravo.

PS this might sound unrealistic but honestly, who thought Cardiff would sign Gary Medel when he was a regular for Sevilla?

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/01/31/profitable-albion-french-soccer-pros-flock-to-englands-premier-league/

Interesting article on why so many frogs hop over the channel, we will have the funds to attract a player from Lyon, money and being in the Prem makes us an attractive proposition, we won't be able to compete with some more established Prem clubs on reputation, but we can offer first team football, a significant wage increase and a chance to play in the most broadcast football league.

You say that, but then to name just 2, Tunchev and Mahrez, were watched by Premier League clubs and look who they moved to...

Tunchev was too slow and injury prone to play Prem football. If he was fit, there's no doubt he would have though. As for Mahrez, as good as he's been and as promising as he looks, it's not quite the same. Umtiti is rated as one of the best future defenders in world football. He's not been watched by 'some prem clubs', he's been watched by Europe's best.

Don't get me wrong, if he came here, it would be unbelievable! In reality though, that's exactly what is is...unbelievable. No chance in hell.

Archived