Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

I can't get tickets....I'm not happy!

I might be playing devils advocate here but weren't the tickets on sale to members as well as season ticket holders. Would it not be feasible that members bought the vast majority of available tickets and would it not be beneficial to be a member in future, if like many people real life commitments mean its impossible to get down to every home game?

To issues here, one: some of us have a long history of attending games which the club has choosen to ignore. Two: you can buy a min season ticket or membership when you want to, rather like VIP tickets at Alton Towers

I just wonder how many of those that are there for the last game have been supporting Birches Run for the last decade or two.

I also don't buy into the rewarding ST's concept. You buy a season ticket to get a certin seat, normally with a discount, and first opition on EXTRA GAMES ..... Not extra tickets. Simple really.

Like I said mate, I just couldn't let you go on thinking several specifically meant seven. I know it was humiliating for you but I can think of far more humiliating or calamitous situations in real life if you'd been allowed to carry on in your ignorance. You should be thanking me. :thumbup:

Oh no not again .... FFS I thought it was a typo

Like I said mate, I just couldn't let you go on thinking several specifically meant seven. I know it was humiliating for you but I can think of far more humiliating or calamitous situations in real life if you'd been allowed to carry on in your ignorance. You should be thanking me. :thumbup:

Oh no not again .... FFS I thought it was a typo

it had been heavily promoted by the club up untill about christmas time

just for reference this is what this seasons member got

BLUE FOX MEMBERSHIP- £25

- Save £2 off home match tickets*

- Save £1 off home U21 Development League match tickets

- Complimentary Matchday Magazine voucher for one game

- Priority on the purchase of away tickets

- Priority on the purchase of home tickets **

- 20% Discount Voucher for the City Fanstore***

- 20% Discount Voucher for Banks Bar & Grill or Fusions Restaurant ***

- Guaranteed option to purchase a 2014/15 Season Membership

- Exclusive Members competitions, prize draws, merchandise and events

- Invitation to a special Members Day at King Power Stadium to watch Nigel Pearson put the players through their paces in a training session, players Q&A and signing session

- Upgrade your Membership to a 2ndHalf Season Ticket before December 25thand your Membership Fee deducted from the cost.

- A Foxes Members Card

*(£2 per game discount on individual match ticket purchase (up to a maximum of 10 games and a maximum discount of £20)

**Option to purchase home match tickets one week before the general release date

***One-use during the 2013/14 season

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/tickets/memberships/index.aspx#K9pgkqHVQub7xHbA.99

This is actually a pretty good deal.  Like some others on here, I hadn't seen the advertising so didn't appreciate the value of the membership plan.

It would be smart if the club promoted it in a targeted way at those who go to a lot of games but are not STHs or members.  They should easily be able to pull that data from LCFC Direct and could generate better take-up of the membership plan.  Having said that, I was reading somewhere that clubs prefer a higher % of walk-ups as they can generate more revenue from them compared to STHs/Members.  So probably not in the club's interest to promote memberships too heavily. 

e.g. Millwall (and not that Millwall is ever an example to follow) have pretty good match-day revenue figures because they have a high % of people paying on the gate, and a higher ratio of adults to children than most clubs (for obvious reasons), therefore a higher proportion of the attendance is paying full price even though the gate may only be 10,000 (link here https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/453905104572137472/photo/1)

This is actually a pretty good deal. Like some others on here, I hadn't seen the advertising so didn't appreciate the value of the membership plan.

It would be smart if the club promoted it in a targeted way at those who go to a lot of games but are not STHs or members. They should easily be able to pull that data from LCFC Direct and could generate better take-up of the membership plan. Having said that, I was reading somewhere that clubs prefer a higher % of walk-ups as they can generate more revenue from them compared to STHs/Members. So probably not in the club's interest to promote memberships too heavily.

e.g. Millwall (and not that Millwall is ever an example to follow) have pretty good match-day revenue figures because they have a high % of people paying on the gate, and a higher ratio of adults to children than most clubs (for obvious reasons), therefore a higher proportion of the attendance is paying full price even though the gate may only be 10,000 (link here https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/453905104572137472/photo/1)

I'm pretty sure it was advertised in the match day programme up until about Christmas time

It's a bit harsh how the ticket situation has been delt with , I got a mate who has been a season ticket holder every year but because he has been in afghan this year and got back the other week , he wasn't able to, even to see his beloved team get crowned champions at home, but I'm sure the world will keep spinning lol

Doncaster have requested another 1000 tickets from us, so we might not be getting any back from them.

I'm pretty sure it was advertised in the match day programme up until about Christmas time

You presume they a) go to games and b) buy a programme :D

ST's getting extra tickets is infuriating as there are 1000s like me who can't get to every game or even just Saturday games in general due to working and then find games like this sold out because the ST's have snapped up 4 extra tickets each (that Man City game earlier in the season where they did it was disgraceful). So if the tickets have been snapped up by people who have to pick and choose or who have the chance to go then it's fine. I've been a supporter for 28 years, was an ST for 10 of those and for someone who's been a ST for a couple of years to claim they're more deserving is ridiculous.

As it happens, I can't get to the Donny game and maybe even the parade as I'm working but don't feel I deserve a seat any more than any other fan.

ST's getting extra tickets is infuriating as there are 1000s like me who can't get to every game or even just Saturday games in general due to working and then find games like this sold out because the ST's have snapped up 4 extra tickets each (that Man City game earlier in the season where they did it was disgraceful). So if the tickets have been snapped up by people who have to pick and choose or who have the chance to go then it's fine. I've been a supporter for 28 years, was an ST for 10 of those and for someone who's been a ST for a couple of years to claim they're more deserving is ridiculous.

As it happens, I can't get to the Donny game and maybe even the parade as I'm working but don't feel I deserve a seat any more than any other fan.

Firstly, STHs could only get 2 tickets.

Secondly, the Man City game was so disgraceful that STHs on average bought less than 1 extra ticket, and less than 80% of STHs attended the game anyway.

The Manchester City game got to general sale, so I'm really not sure what anyone has to moan about on that score. The tickets also went on sale to members before that. Ditto the Doncaster game which also went on sale to members.

There is a clue in there somewhere to people for who whatever reason can't get a season ticket... and that's go and get a membership. They are on the club website, they have been mentioned on here on numerous occasions and advertised in other literature such as letters and emails and have been pretty much available since I was a nipper as I've had them back a good 25 years or so.

If you pick and choose and go to at least 4 games then the memberships are good value and pretty much guarantee you a seat. If you go less than four games a year, then whinging about not getting a ticket for the biggest event of the season is pushing it a bit.

I'd had a season ticket for the previous 18/19 years before but couldn't get one this year due to new work commitments etc and I'm gutted about not being able to get a ticket. I've been to as many games as I could get to this year but it's gonna be a struggle to get any remaining tickets should there be any returned from donny. I knew I was running the risk of this happening, even at this time last year when I made what is a heart wrenching, soul destroying decision for any die hard fan but needs must. It doesn't anger me that I couldn't get a ticket, just disappoints me knowing that fact there will be 'fans' at the game who weren't even born when my uncle handed me my first season ticket as a young teenager, and I can guarantee that there will be fans attending who have been 3 times in the last 6 years, when we lifted the trophy in league 1 and the 2 playoff semis!

Oh well, got connections up north and Donny tickets go on general sale on Monday. I'll just keep my Leicester shirt under wraps until after the final whistle.........

In response to this, I've never used a season ticket holder to buy my tickets.

And I wasn't moaning about how it works etc. because fair enough, I should've done it that way myself. I was only moaning because I'm not lucky enough to get any tickets!

how come you didnt get tickets for hudderfield, i got two yesterday

I can't get tickets for the last 2 games of the season! I really wanted to go to the Huddesfield and Doncaster games!

I know some will say, well you should be a season ticket holder etc. but until this year I've always played football myself on Saturdays and this year I stopped playing mostly and started going to LCFC games. I would say I've been to probably a 1/3 if not 1/2 of the games this year. And next year I have decided to retire from the game as my back won't allow me anymore, so I'm getting a season tickets.

Nothing I can do I know, I'm just having a moan, I just would have been apart of celebrations as I've been there most of the season. I even went to the Brighton game when the party was silenced by the police and the fact that we lost terribly!

All the season ticket holders have bought extra tickets for people who probably haven't been this season.

Anyway, moan over!

I know the feeling pal, I was in exactly the same position until my mate who's a STH baled me out with a ticket for Donny. I was a regular down Filbert Street in the 90s when O'Neill was the boss, great days! Admittedly not been down that regularly over the last year or two due to other commitments, but try and listen to every game on the radio. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Sure there's more deserving cases than me but I'm not turning it down. Should be a good day. What beer do they serve down there nowadays? I really hope you get sorted with a ticket Buddy.

Not sure if already posted, but I seen tickets being advertised on Facebook last night at £75 a throw!

Like some, up until I had my daughter and work commitments changed I was a regular season ticket holder from the late 80's.  I shan't be getting a season ticket next season due to similar commitments, but as soon as I feel daughter is old enough I shall be getting her a season ticket along with me and we will also enjoy the away days to boot.

Heard on the grapevine that KP have called in 500 complimentary tickets for their own visitors and I guess corporate clients These normally get given to senior mgmt. staff and relatives etc

Going to be a very full house sadly, the start time is too early for me even if I did have ticket so enjoy yourselves, hopefully get over BH Monday

Archived