Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lev72

defence for next season

LB for definite, think Jeff may be found out defensively in the PL, CB for cover and competition.

If Kasper does leave, which I don't think he will, Alex McCarthy from Reading would be a good replacement.

Ryan Bertrand on loan maybe

Think I'll always dislike Bertrand for what he said about us prior to our game against Reading, then we beat them 1-0 away.

I agree with a LB though. Maybe a CB as well. Keeping goals out is very important, just as important as scoring goals.

Defence is where I'd strengthen the most. I don't wish to start critiquing the team TOO much before the season ends because it seems harsh, but I think there are changes to be made.

I've said before and I still believe, that our midfield is what makes us stand out from the rest of the division.

One thing we've got to work on in pre season training is reducing the amount of goals concededed from free kicks and corners. We've been very poor at defending set pieces this season. Do any stattos know how many goals we've conceded from set pieces this season?

Think I'll always dislike Bertrand for what he said about us prior to our game against Reading, then we beat them 1-0 away.

I agree with a LB though. Maybe a CB as well. Keeping goals out is very important, just as important as scoring goals.

Can't remember what he said to be honest mate.

Get Miguel Vitor back for centre back? A bit ambitious maybe

Sign Miquel permanently, plus another CB and LB. There are plenty of very average defenders stealing a living in the Prem (Alex Bruce). We should have more faith in the team we have 

I only think we really need a centre back, I think Schlupp has the potential to be good enough and deserves a chance to start at left back.

I'd be tempted to go for someone like Caulker if Cardiff go down, still young but with 3 years experience in the prem.

If we had to go and get a new back 5 then i'd go for.

Forster

Wisdom (loan)

Caulker

Dawson

Cresswell

The same Wisdom that Dyer absolutely destroyed?

The same Dyer who we are constantly told is only a one trick pony and decent championship quality?

Inconsistencies on Foxestalk  :ph34r:

One thing we've got to work on in pre season training is reducing the amount of goals concededed from free kicks and corners. We've been very poor at defending set pieces this season. Do any stattos know how many goals we've conceded from set pieces this season?

I'm trying to find stats online, and failing, but I'm sure as a total compared to the rest of the division it's really not that many. 

I also came across this one:

post-17669-0-94945500-1398966155_thumb.p

Not sure how we haven't scored the most penalties in the division  lol

To be honest we've not had any for ages. All those people saying we were top because of pens  lol

EDIT: We've also got a very poor record for scoring set pieces compared to rest of division (2nd lowest I think)

Keane and Miguel?? Um, no.

RB: De Laet + 1

CB: Moore, Morgan, Was +1

LB: Schlupp, Konch + 1 (with Schlupp a potential utility player until PK leaves)

I'd go for a better back up keeper too probably, but (should he stay) KS has never seemed to need a rest/be injured, and too much change at once may harm us.

The same Wisdom that Dyer absolutely destroyed?

The same Dyer who we are constantly told is only a one trick pony and decent championship quality?

Inconsistencies on Foxestalk  :ph34r:

Errr, no....simply different people with different opinions.  Thankfully!

Archived