Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DonnyRover

Thank you for a great day

As a Rovers fan, i'd just like to thank all the Leicester fans for making us Donny lot feel welcomed, both in the city prior to the game and in the stadium. From the fans to the stewards and police, they were all fantastic. You're stewards didn't even kick off when the young Donny lot started letting flares off.

Some of the comments after the game from your guys were brilliant, all commenting on our amazing support throughout the game, made me very proud to be a Rover.

Unfortunately, it has now been confirmed the Rovers supporter who suffered a heart attack just as Birmingham equalised has passed away, which puts relegation into perspective for our supporters.

I just hope moving forwards, our town gets behind the team next season. Unfortunately I doubt it will happen

I was gutted you didnt stay up. We were talking at half time about how good it'd be if you were in a 'staying up' position as the ground would be rocking. Fortunately it happened not long after. After we scored I was genuinely willing you on for an equaliser.

I was gutted for you and seeing what happened with your fan absolutely ruined my day. Nevermind all these tits moaning about a pitch invasion, try watching the woman medic do CPR for 15mins to then see the chap carried out on a stretcher. RIP

I hope you're able to bounce straight back up next season

I thought you lot were decent today. Joined in with the mexican wave and added to the atmosphere. Really wanted you to stay up!

RIP, and thoughts are with his family. It does put things in perspective.

It was tragic to hear about the fan passing away, really took away from the event yesterday and puts things into perspective. Sad news that you got relegated as well, I think the whole stadium was celebrating when the first and second Bolton goals went in  :(

All the best for next season and you should be more than capable of bouncing back!

Genuinely made it hard for me to celebrate yesterday. I am obviously delighted for us and really happy about how this season went, but I remembered how shite it was when we went down to league 1, and the fact there was nothing riding on it for us other than an indulgent and greedy (but thoroughly understandable and justified) quest for 102 points made it feel a bit hollow. And I couldn't take my eye off the bloke in the corner fighting for his life, we all suspected the worst just because of how long they were working on him. It just felt wrong being so self-congratulatory while that was going on. Anyway, keen follower of league 1 still so I'll be keeping a close eye on the relegated teams for sure.

There are not many games you see where you don't want your team to win but I would have been quite happy with a draw yesterday instead of a win to end up on 100 points and to keep Doncaster up, you could tell that with the penalty too although it was hard to see Mahrez wouldn't have dived or played for that penalty under the circumstances

There's a fan on another forum I'm on who's an avid Donny fan. Through her, I've kind of picked up a soft spot for Donny and so I was hoping we could all celebrate at the KP yesterday. The cheers we heard when Bolton scored their first were celebrations I'd not seen live in that circumstance before. Was very happy for all of you at that moment. 

Unfortunately, as you say, it ended on a bad note with one of your fellow Rovers passing away. Apparently he was around his family so I can't even begin to imagine how they felt regardless of the football.

I'd hope you bounce straight back up for your sake and for Paul Dickov who was a good sport. Good header too ;)

I understand your frustration with the town not getting fully behind the club, I have strong work links in the area and know several Donny fans pretty well.

Your supporters yesteday did the club proud.

Archived