Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theoldbluefox

jamie vardy in the premiership

Its a huge step and i imagine it will take a litle time, his pace is a fabulous asset, but he will need to improve his first touch, and i cant imagine as many prem defenders being suckered into giving penalties away.

I really hope he can step up, hes an exciting and commited player.

Burnley - won a penalty in the home game and should have had another in his short appearance away.

Derby - His flick led to the own goal in first game and assist, won penalty and scored in 4-1 demolition.

QPR - scored a well-taken goal away at Loftus Road. Didn't play the home game.

Wigan - won a penalty which Nugent converted in 2-0 home match. Didn't play the away game.

Brighton - poor performance from the team in the game. Didn't play at home.

One of those teams will definitely be Premier League next year while any of the other 4 could be. And he has stepped up his game against this opposition.

Make no mistake about it, he'll make the step up - I'm actually more concerned for Nugent.

If he applies himself with the same attitude as this season he wont go far wrong.

When he runs at defenders they wet themselves at that wont change much even with the step up.

Vardy still isn't a clinical finisher for me. He's definitely improved his finishing but he's going to get less chances in the Premier League.

However his energy will cause problems for literally any defender in the league. He's going to play a big part IMO. You can see how much poorer a side we look when he doesn't play. We're clearly missing something when he isn't there.

I just hope he doesn't lose confidence because the chances are he'll go on a bad run at one stage.

Spot on.....

To survive in PL we need goalscorers, 2 or 3 players to each score at least 8 or 9 league goals.The teams about to be relegated haven't had that.

Vardy's energy has been a key to our success this season,the chances he creates for others and penalties won have been crucial.He will need to be more clinical,hopefully KP's coaching will help.

We will still need another quality striker.If Vardy maintains the progress of this season he should be able to build on16 championship goals and score the 8 or 9 PL goals that will ensure our continued status.

Hi lads, as a Man Utd fan I haven't caught much of Leicester this season other than a couple of games towards the end, but what do you all think is the reason for Vardy's improvement this season? When I was reading Foxestalk last season most of you were saying he wasn't fit to play in the Footbal League, never mind the Champo, and that Pearson needed to get shot :D

What's been the reason for the turnaround? And do you think he can maintain it at the next level?

Hi lads, as a Man Utd fan I haven't caught much of Leicester this season other than a couple of games towards the end, but what do you all think is the reason for Vardy's improvement this season? When I was reading Foxestalk last season most of you were saying he wasn't fit to play in the Footbal League, never mind the Champo, and that Pearson needed to get shot :D

What's been the reason for the turnaround? And do you think he can maintain it at the next level?

Football fans are a fickle breed. A lot of people on here wanted Drinkwater out at the end of last season and now he's an international in the making according to some.

In reality, Vardy didn't have to improve that much. He does play with a lot more confidence and freedom now, which I think is mainly down to learning to enjoy playing again. I'd like to see him work on his finishing over the summer as he will need to be a lot more clinical next year.

He was never as bad as some made out last season we were better with him in the side and he got injured and was never the same, probably didn't help being berated so much by his own fans!

He has proved the haters wrong now and so has Pearson and Drinkwater who is player of the season

Finishing requires work, but pace, energy, unpredictability and desire will make him a handful. All round play [/b]Tevez[/b] like if he could improve his finishing

I think more of a Shane Long kind of player

Well if he keeps improving as much as this season after a shaky start for city,I can only see this lad be absolutely awesome.

His main task now is to get under the wings of Kevin Phillips and learn from one of the best ex strikers around !!

One I'd definately keep. I saw potential in the lad last season and he's come good. The key to getting the best out of Vardy is to play a certain way. ie slipping passes through to him to run onto. If we start going long-ball, he'll be nowhere near as effective.

One I'd definately keep. I saw potential in the lad last season and he's come good. The key to getting the best out of Vardy is to play a certain way. ie slipping passes through to him to run onto. If we start going long-ball, he'll be nowhere near as effective.

Very true Col, gotta play to people's strengths

+1.  Watch this space. By that, I mean the spaces he will get into when Mahrez and Drinky feed him through.  The key will be to finish....

Unfortunately his pace won't scare as many premier league defenders as he did the championship defenders meaning he will get less chances but I think against the bottom half teams he can do well. He could get 10 league goals I reckon. He deserves his chance in the top flight after a brilliant improvement this season. We are a better attacking force when he plays.

I bet there's going to be a Cinderella story on Vardy at one point this off-season or during the PL season itself on TV or in the papers.

Undoubtedly. First televised game of the season that he plays there'll be a montage for just this I reckon.

I genuinely think he'll do better in the Premier League. Teams won't try and stop us playing as much as Championship teams have in the tail end of if this season, giving him much more space to run in to. He's lethal when he's running at a back 4, or off the should of the CB which is going to be a lot easier with teams playing a higher line.

I genuinely think he'll do better in the Premier League. Teams won't try and stop us playing as much as Championship teams have in the tail end of if this season, giving him much more space to run in to. He's lethal when he's running at a back 4, or off the should of the CB which is going to be a lot easier with teams playing a higher line.

Wrong. So wrong.

They're are fitter, they close down more, play at higher tempo, are better passers. Please stop trying to perpetuate this weird thought that the Prem will for some reason benefit our style of play.

Archived