Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Reality Check.

We are not good enough to survive in the Premiership, with our current squad. Even bringing in quality players will not guarantee our safety. There is a massive gap between it, and the Championship.

Some people are living in cuckoo land.

When N.P. brings in players, I believe they will fit in and keep us safe, so that we have a foundation to build on, over the next few years.

Top post I agree. As it stands our squad is not good enough to survive in the premier league. We need at least five or six more quality players. Huddlestone at Hull is a great example, quality player at premiership level. Perhaps, we should try to sign him.

I think it's a certainty that NP will not bring any big name Charlies to the football club. I can see him bringing in some fairly unknown foreign players & some good young British players with big potential. Steve Walsh & the scouting staff will unearth some diamonds.

Did any of you guys see Fleetwood v York on Sky last night? I was impressed with the young blonde haired wide player that was named MOM, Pringle or something like that?

I would like to see him signed for City if he plays like that on a regular basis. He put in some terrific crosses & has got pace.

There must be some decent young players in the lower leagues that are capable of stepping up, e.g. Muzzy, Lennon, Savage, Vardy etc etc.

I think you mean Ben Pringle who was playing for Rotherham v Preston in their play-off match. I agree that he does look a good player but maybe not quite ready for the step up to the Premier League yet.

Top post I agree. As it stands our squad is not good enough to survive in the premier league. We need at least five or six more quality players. Huddlestone at Hull is a great example, quality player at premiership level. Perhaps, we should try to sign him.

Why would Huddlestone want to leave Hull and why would Bruce sell possibly his best player? Though I agree we need some new players, I can't see us going for/getting Huddlestone

I think you mean Ben Pringle who was playing for Rotherham v Preston in their play-off match. I agree that he does look a good player but maybe not quite ready for the step up to the Premier League yet.

Spot on buddy. Pringle looks good, but the step up is a major one. Some players who look great at that level, look pants when they move up.

Then again, Vardy managed it, with time.

Why would Huddlestone want to leave Hull and why would Bruce sell possibly his best player? Though I agree we need some new players, I can't see us going for/getting Huddlestone

Livermore perhaps, would be another player to look at is on loan at Hull from Spurs

So we have a chance to buy him if we want to.

I thought they'd signed Huddlestone but loaned Livermore? My error..

:thumbup:

I just checked Wiki now,I am mistaken no Hull have bought Huddlestone for £5.25m however Livermore is on loan at Hull from Spurs.

Firstly, everyone needs to recognise that the revenue the club will bring in the PL will be significantly more than in the Championship.  There will be increased prices for tickets, higher attendance numbers, higher sponsorship revenues and more global revenues from such things as merchandise sales.  These things combined with the PL bonus payment will give the club the stability to make significant investment in the player squad and coaching ranks.

To debate the amount of money needed is frankly mute.  These owners and the management really need to be trusted to secure our place in the PL with the insurance of not over spending if we do go back down.

They will do what they have to do.  But I do see us picking up some PL experience and quality to the side. i am sure we will be happily surprised with some of the players brought in.  

We should see how Hull have done their business and try and replicate that. They haven't spent loads and have had a very good first season back in the premier league. I don't think we need to spend loads.We are being linked with some good players such as Nick Powell, who I think would be great for us.

A team that has romped title with 102 points isn't good enough to survive are you having a laugh! There isn't really a massive gap as their once was.

I think we will do well next season, teams in the past that have won the championship with 100 points plus, have finished in the prem respectively Reading 8th, Newcastle 12th and Fulham 14th.

No reason why we cannot finish somewhere between 11th-15th.

Just how many teams are saying that? You will see NP spend some fairly big money, on the right players.

To reckon our current squad could get 11th place is a joke.

I think we'll do alright next season. We need to bring in some quality though, for me Andy King goes missing in too many games to be a good squad player in the prem so a new CM is needed. I think Wes will get found out in the prem, unfortunately, as well as he reads the game, I think he'll get done for pace too often. A new left back has to be a priority.

Personally though I think the likes of Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Moore, De Laet and James will do okay in the prem - and Nuge, although his goals may dry up - will no doubt still be the top in assists for us... but one things for sure, I don;t think he can play as a lone striker.

It will be an interesting one, in big Nige we trust though!

Several fans need to wake up to the realisation that £40,000 a week is not actually that high for a Premiership teams highest earner its actually very low 

Got to agree with that. We're cracking down with the FFP so I find it very unlikely we'd have offered those kind of wages if it wasn't within our means to do so.

When you consider than 10 years ago the likes of Ian Walker and Nico Dabizas were taking home £30k a week (reportedly) - the average lower table teams must be paying out that as a minimum you would think. No doubt a pay cut for relegation would be written into the contracts as well.

I don't necessarily agree that we have to spend big, the squad at the moment got us 102 points in the Championship and will be buzzing to do well next season.

I do agree that we will haveto pay a substantial amount more in wages now, but that goes for the players that got us promoted as well. This is why i question it when people think £40k is too much for Schmeichel.

Yes we will need a few players, but going out and splashing the cash isn't Pearsons style, he'd rather have the up and coming Luke Shaws and Barkleys before they break through. Its a risky strategy, but one that has paid off this season with a reletivly young and settled squad.

I personally don't think we will spend any more than £5m on any single player this transfer window, it would be very unlike Pearson to pour all his eggs into 1 basket.

It will not be one basket.

And as to being unlike pearson to spend big how do you know that.

He's never had the budget he has now.

For all we know he may have spent every penny every season.

Like when people say he can't handle big money players who knows that.

The player I would think has a shite attitude it don't matter what he cost.

Egos don't have price tags.

Thanks Blue Fox, yes that's the guy I meant. I agree that perhaps he isn't ready for the prem. yet, but I thought that he looked to have the potential to do so, given some good coaching by the coaching staff at City. He wouldn't cost very much & imo he would be a risk worth taking because if he didn't make it as Prem. quality, City could sell to a Football League club & get their money back.

Thanks Blue Fox, yes that's the guy I meant. I agree that perhaps he isn't ready for the prem. yet, but I thought that he looked to have the potential to do so, given some good coaching by the coaching staff at City. He wouldn't cost very much & imo he would be a risk worth taking because if he didn't make it as Prem. quality, City could sell to a Football League club & get their money back.

Or loan him out to championship club to get some experiance in a more competative league if it wasn't working out for him??

Sven had the right idea. Spend BIG. If he'd have been given more time, he'd have got that squad rocking.

NP needs to get in the game or we'll be down by Easter. Spend, spend, SPEND!!!!!

wtf

Archived