Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

You got battered by france on the global stage lol

And deservedly so.

They were the better team on the day and I'm not ashamed to say that, but I sensed that all along - and even mentioned France's many threats, as well as their rediscovered team ethic and togetherness in the match thread.

Keep on trollin', Ash.  :appl:

France were hardly amazing though were they ? Easy group with a easy knockout game and went out to a much better team.

Stop acting like Switzerland are something on the world stage, wait till England beat you at home like last time with incredible ease as per.

France were hardly amazing though were they ? Easy group with a easy knockout game and went out to a much better team.

Stop acting like Switzerland are something on the world stage, wait till England beat you at home like last time with incredible ease as per.

They were amazing and even England would've trembled facing them.

There are no easy groups at a World Cup - as England had to find out the hard way.

I don't usually boast about Switzerland and have pointed at their shortcomings repeatedly over the course of the past few years, but they're no pushovers, either.

We have a decent squad that is occasionally able to come up with an exploit or two, yet still lack a regular and clinical finisher up front.

If memory serves me correctly, England rescued a draw against Switzerland at Wembley not so long ago.

37 months ago is a long time. 

True. Still, that was against an England team with a few more "big" names in the squad.

Let's make no mistake here - I am fully aware of England's qualities and expect two tough games ahead.

Hahaha you've got no chance, so stop pretending we're on the same level. We're gonna walked the group and that's a fact

I've got no idea what you just wrote here, but that's nothing new with you, Ash.

But for what it's worth, I've never said that both teams are on the same level. But the gap has gotten more narrow over the years.

I do also acknowledge that Switzerland's record against England is poor.

There's always a first time, though. Looking forward to September.

Christ, those games come so quickly. I've barely put my 2014 World Cup memories in the corresponding folder...

Straight forward, I don't see why you think it's straight forward given we failed to beat the two weakest teams in their group pre tournament.

I honestly don't know what game you've seen to make you think the English international side is still up there with the better teams in Europe, aside from the last two qualifiers, which to be fair genuinely surprised me, I can count the number of impressive performances put in by or national this decade on one hand. We've been crap, our World cup showing shows it, and our world ranking shows it. Just accept it.

Well we finished 5th at the last European Championship.

Guest MattP

Well we finished above France in Euro 2012.

Then we topped our group in WCQ - France came second in their group.

Did you not see France 98'?

Its quite simple. As far as the top European nations go we are WAYYYY behind them in terms of quality, coaching and tactical knowhow. Hodgson is clearly out of his depth and needs to go. We need to wipe the slate clean and bring in someone who actually has the balls to make the right decision ie dropping Rooney from the wing in order to play a fvcking winger. That is a no brainer. Who that person would be remains to be seen but English or Foreign manager doesnt matter IMO.

Anbody who thinks we are still on the same level as France is quite simply deluded.

Well we finished 5th at the last European Championship.

Over two years and three World Class retirements ago, I said now. 

(Not that 2012 was any kind of achievemnt at all when it's analyzed for what it is I just cannot be arsed to argue with you as it's pointess)

People (including me) wanted Bobby Robson sacked after Euro 88, 2 years before our best ever away performance in a tournament. 

There's no credible alternative manager and there are no obvious alternative players that he could pick. Let's just have a bit of consistency and see what happens.

Archived