Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

Beckham consistently played well for England. Not well enough to have a team built around him, but he was an important player in an England side that reached 3 consecutive quarter finals.

Beckham would have fitted into a 3 himself, and he would certainly have offered a different option to Gerrard and Lampard who are well-acknowledged to be similar players. You'd have good variety with beckham, Scholes and AN Other.

There was room for all four to play in a 4-3-3, plenty of top teams rotate their side depending on who the opposition is, something we've not ever really done.

Nah if he was as good as you think he is you'd be confident of him repeating that feat, which you're clearly not.

I didn't say he was electric, I just said he was better than Sturridge, which he was.

I have a lot of faith in Daniel Sturridge, if he manages to go 62 in 86 then he will be up there with the best in the world, so sorry if I have a few reservations about making that assumption.

Daniel Sturridge is a good striker, second top goal scorer in England last season. He has scored consistently for over a year now, you may not like that fact but that's the truth.

Joel Campbell's country had a fantastic, a striker scoring 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games tells another story, that is what you look back on in years to come, nothing else. Just like you will look back on our disastrous campaign and say, "**** sake, Sturridge came off the back of scoring 21 goals for Liverpool and scored 1 in 3 group games".

Guest ttfn

There was room for all four to play in a 4-3-3, plenty of top teams rotate their side depending on who the opposition is, something we've not ever really done.

Quite.

It's become fashionable to belittle Beckham's ability. He was a genuinely top class footballer. What we'd give for a player of his calibre today.

Beckham consistently played well for England. Not well enough to have a team built around him, but he was an important player in an England side that reached 3 consecutive quarter finals.

Beckham would have fitted into a 3 himself, and he would certainly have offered a different option to Gerrard and Lampard who are well-acknowledged to be similar players. You'd have good variety with beckham, Scholes and AN Other.

Hmm, I remember us disagreeing a lot in the David Beckham thread months ago.

We could have played Beckham, in a system that wasn't 4-4-2. Just that every other nation seemed to move on from 4-4-2 and left us behind.

I have a lot of faith in Daniel Sturridge, if he manages to go 62 in 86 then he will be up there with the best in the world, so sorry if I have a few reservations about making that assumption.

Daniel Sturridge is a good striker, second top goal scorer in England last season. He has scored consistently for over a year now, you may not like that fact but that's the truth.

Joel Campbell's country had a fantastic, a striker scoring 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games tells another story, that is what you look back on in years to come, nothing else. Just like you will look back on our disastrous campaign and say, "**** sake, Sturridge came off the back of scoring 21 goals for Liverpool and scored 1 in 3 group games".

I'm not disputing that I am just saying he's over performed and I don't think he'll hit 20 next season. Something I notice you're not arguing

All irrelevant, regardless of goals, assists, how far they went, as I've stated, I merely said he had a better tournament that Sturridge, something else I notice your not arguing.

Guest ttfn

Hmm, I remember us disagreeing a lot in the David Beckham thread months ago.

We could have played Beckham, in a system that wasn't 4-4-2. Just that every other nation seemed to move on from 4-4-2 and left us behind.

Yeah I agree.

I'm not disputing that I am just saying he's over performed and I don't think he'll hit 20 next season. Something I notice you're not arguing

All irrelevant, regardless of goals, assists, how far they went, as I've stated, I merely said he had a better tournament that Sturridge, something else I notice your not arguing.

How can I argue about something that hasn't happened yet.. All I am telling you is that, he has scored a lot of goals already for Liverpool in a short amount of time so you can't say he won't do something, just like I can't say he will do something. You can say Ronaldo will score 20, you can say Messi will score 20, you said Suarez would score 20 last season and that's about it in world football.

I'm not arguing about a Costa Rican footballer who's playing in Greece and in a thread about our manager.

How can I argue about something that hasn't happened yet.. All I am telling you is that, he has scored a lot of goals already for Liverpool in a short amount of time so you can't say he won't do something, just like I can't say he will do something. You can say Ronaldo will score 20, you can say Messi will score 20, you said Suarez would score 20 last season and that's about it in world football.

I'm not arguing about a Costa Rican footballer who's playing in Greece and in a thread about our manager.

Knowing the danger of this turning into a Liverpool wank fest thread again with Uncle Albert's involvement, but you have to admit that Sturridge's last season was also down to Suarez.

Sturridge and Sterling have hugely profited from Suarez' work rate and scoring prowess, basically picking up the pieces and netting the leftovers.

The true form and talent of your beloved forwards will only be seen without that Uruguayan in the starting line-up anymore.

Quite simple really, it's a prediction, I'm not saying he wont do something, I am saying, knowing what I know about him I don't think he'll score 20 goals next season. You can quite easily argue by saying you think he will.

You could just admit Campbell had a better tournament instead but maybe I'm hoping for a bit too much humility from you lol

Knowing the danger of this turning into a Liverpool wank fest thread again with Uncle Albert's involvement, but you have to admit that Sturridge's last season was also down to Suarez.

Sturridge and Sterling have hugely profited from Suarez' work rate and scoring prowess, basically picking up the pieces and netting the leftovers.

The true form and talent of your beloved forwards will only be seen without that Uruguayan in the starting line-up anymore.

Yeah you are on about the same Daniel Sturridge who scored 6 in 5 games whilst Suarez was banned at the start of last season?

Yeah, you are, good bye.

Manwell, ok, I predict Sturridge will score 20+ goals next season. I also will say Joel Campbell had a better World Cup than Daniel Sturridge, still struggling to see how you can say it, basically like saying Fred has had a better World Cup because he has gone to the Semi-Finals.. lol

Yeah you are on about the same Daniel Sturridge who scored 6 in 5 games whilst Suarez was banned at the start of last season?

Yeah, you are, good bye.

Manwell, ok, I predict Sturridge will score 20+ goals next season. I also will say Joel Campbell had a better World Cup than Daniel Sturridge, still struggling to see how you can say it, basically like saying Fred has had a better World Cup because he has gone to the Semi-Finals.. lol

He's just played better, Steady 7 out of ten man in every game bar Uruguay where he was MOTM, If it's any consolation I think Sturridge may just have had a better World Cup than Fred lol

He's just played better, Steady 7 out of ten man in every game bar Uruguay where he was MOTM, If it's any consolation I think Sturridge may just have had a better World Cup than Fred lol

Thank God! :D

Yeah, you are, good bye.

There's always next season to look forward to. :D

Oh, and two goals against Notts County in a League Cup game isn't that much to boast about.

You also know that Sturridge scored another 15+ goals with Suarez on the pitch - so he has indeed profited massively from the support from Jaws.

There's always next season to look forward to. :D

Oh, and two goals against Notts County in a League Cup game isn't that much to boast about.

You also know that Sturridge scored another 15+ goals with Suarez on the pitch - so he has indeed profited massively from the support from Jaws.

Oh, a strike PARTNERSHIP and Suarez sets up ALL of Sturridge's other 15+ goals.. How I forgot.

Forgetting Sturridge scored in 8 consecutive League games..

This isn't me wanking him off either, they're just facts.

They scored 52 goals between them in the League and it's not like Suarez scored 40 of them is it? Sturridge still scored 21, still the second top goalscorer in the League.

Go away now Prussian, leave the threads discussing our shit English players to us Englishmen.

Oh, a strike PARTNERSHIP and Suarez sets up ALL of Sturridge's other 15+ goals.. How I forgot.

Forgetting Sturridge scored in 8 consecutive League games..

This isn't me wanking him off either, they're just facts.

They scored 52 goals between them in the League and it's not like Suarez scored 40 of them is it? Sturridge still scored 21, still the second top goalscorer in the League.

Go away now Prussian, leave the threads discussing our shit English players to us Englishmen.

Like I said before, the true potential and talent of Sturridge is yet to be unearthed... without Suarez right next to him.

Like I said before, the true potential and talent of Sturridge is yet to be unearthed... without Suarez right next to him.

And like I said, he was the man who put us top of the table scoring in 4 consecutive league games at the start of the season without Luis Suarez, right next to him.

He has scored for us with Suarez and without Suarez.

And like I said, he was the man who put us top of the table scoring in 4 consecutive league games at the start of the season without Luis Suarez, right next to him.

He has scored for us with Suarez and without Suarez.

It did help in the end.

We should come back to this at the end of next season and see how Sturridge has fared.

Meanwhile, I'd keep Hodgson and start DS on the wing, with Rooney in the middle (his last chance of cutting the corner for a major tournament).

Question:

Is football in England too working-class? Would the England national team enjoy greater success if we attracted kids from more middle-class backgrounds to play football rather than Rugby, Cricket, Cycling, Rowing etc?

Question:

Is football in England too working-class? Would the England national team enjoy greater success if we attracted kids from more middle-class backgrounds to play football rather than Rugby, Cricket, Cycling, Rowing etc?

Good question.To be honest i don't think Football is class based at all,most schools have football teams now.What i do notice now is you don't see kids playing football in the streets(Jumper's for goal posts...and i admit i'm 45!)Now wether that's more to do with the way of the world and safety.When i was a kid i was out from 9 in the morning till the sun went down playing footy,kick the can,cricket.....god i'm sounding like my dad now!

It did help in the end.

We should come back to this at the end of next season and see how Sturridge has fared.

Meanwhile, I'd keep Hodgson and start DS on the wing, with Rooney in the middle (his last chance of cutting the corner for a major tournament).

Meanwhile, you're Swiss, piss off and worry about your own side.

Meanwhile, you're Swiss, piss off and worry about your own side.

I needn't worry about them at all - they're in good hands with Petkovic now and don't run the danger of disappointing a whole nation on a constant basis just because they're buying into the regular media hype every two to four years.

England will do fine with Hodgson on the sidelines and I expect a tough battle comes September.

I needn't worry about them at all - they're in good hands with Petkovic now and don't run the danger of disappointing a whole nation on a constant basis just because they're buying into the regular media hype every two to four years.

England will do fine with Hodgson on the sidelines and I expect a tough battle comes September.

You're so boring. Read your posts from a different view, you make Col look like a party starter.

Night Prussian. x

Archived