Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

See the thing about the US is that we have 3 major sports. American football has no lower leagues or youth development because of our colleges and high schools. The NBA has three or four leagues to bring in talent from. Same as the MLB. The difference "soccer" has in the US is that we grow up playing it from the time we are 3 until we graduate college. That is how we do football here in America. If soccer wasn't so negatively effected by the other three's media, it would be larger. Atm only one American channel airs football from MLS and thankfully the EPL.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

People didn't get my comments, what I meant no matter how hard Americans or Australians try to prove how much they love soccer. They will never love football like Europeans or South Americans. They don't have the same passion and love for it.

Keep buying old washed up has beens after one last pay day but it never be the same as being English or Argentine and supporting your team. Our support is past down and traditional and even the NASL in the 70s and the 94 world cup proves it's all just a faze. America got the world cup and didn't even have a league !!! Their promise to fifa was that they would create one after the finals. Australian's aren't real football fans either, the fans so look so fake and corny. Football in Europe and South America is life and people take it seriously their whole lives.

No offence you can't take Australians or Yanks football opinions seriously. So please stop telling me I'm wrong because it insults me.

Guest ttfn

People didn't get my comments, what I meant no matter how hard Americans or Australians try to prove how much they love soccer. They will never love football like Europeans or South Americans. They don't have the same passion and love for it.

Keep buying old washed up has beens after one last pay day but it never be the same as being English or Argentine and supporting your team. Our support is past down and traditional and even the NASL in the 70s and the 94 world cup proves it's all just a faze. America got the world cup and didn't even have a league !!! Their promise to fifa was that they would create one after the finals. Australian's aren't real football fans either, the fans so look so fake and corny. Football in Europe and South America is life and people take it seriously their whole lives.

No offence you can't take Australians or Yanks football opinions seriously. So please stop telling me I'm wrong because it insults me.

Sounds like they understood it perfectly then.

Out of curiosity how many MLS and A-league games have you been too? Just trying to gauge how well educated you are to make comments like this.

That last line is one of the worst attempts at a wind up ever too.

• Like 1

How many Leicester game have you been too ? Honestly, I have to read your comments on Leicester games since 2007, how many games have you witnessed in person ? I've follow Leicester my whole life up and down this country. Going to watch Taylor Basset, Levein, Kelly, Worthington, Allen Megson, Holloway Sousa and Sven pile of turds but I never stop going because I love Leicester. Probably like you love a Aussie rule football team, you don't have that love for a football team like a European or a South American because your local Soccer team been around 5 years.

You notice you bang on about your national side and Tim god cahill and how you went to a world cup. Here's some truth for ya mate. I don't give two shits about England because I'm a Leicester fan and I follow Leicester. You know I can't really get excited about supporting the likes of Gerrard and Rooney because they're not Drinkwater and Vardy ... but because you haven't got a proper club to support you cheer your no mark national team on and go on about the big star's like Cahill like we should be impressed.

I'd take Bolton away over England winning the World cup anyday. I know for a fact you'd take getting out the group at the 2006 world cup has your greatest footballing memory and that's my point people ... They're all Plastics !!!

Edited by Hugo Sanchez

Firstly i noticed you didn't answer my original question, so you're point about Americans and Aussies (All of them) being fake corny fans is just your baseless opinion, probably never even meet an Aussie or American in your life.

As you have been following my comments on the LCFC forum, you would know that i rarely comment analytic stats let alone give player ratings when i've only listened to the commentary, does that make me a lesser fan or is it just senseable?

So too be a 'proper' Leciester fan like you we can't like our national team? That's quite comical really, wonder how many agree with you on that point.

So what you are saying is you are a Leicester fan and not a football fan? So why the thread on the state of US football?

Melbourne Victory has been around for 10 not 5 years hardly my fault they haven't been around for ever in a day but it's most of my adult life and i enjoy going, but my other team has been around since 1959 (South Melbourne FC if you don't believe me)

I've been to 13 Leicester games, also seen games in the US, Italy and Spain. Went to the world Cup and also saw 3 other non Australia games, I might add it's not exactly easy to just pop down to Bolton away on a weekend and make it back for work on Monday morning. I was actually at Bolton away in 2003 when Sir Les scored in the 90th Minute to get an equaliser, a trip that i funded myself when i was 17 after working for 3 years in my local supermarket as i was desperate to see us play.

I don't feel the need to justify myself to someone like you how i'm a "proper" football fan. People who actually know me can make there own judgments.

Also before any one says anything look back thru this post thread it was Hugo who brought up Australia and the A-league in to it. I guess Hugo wasn't too happy with being called out on a few of his comments

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX
  • Like 3

Genuine question Finners do people think England are classified as an Elite International team?

There's absolutely no reason England shouldn't be, but we certainly aren't one, that's what frustrates me the most.

It's possible but their athletes are already split over 4 major sports, they don't always manage to dominate Basketball or Ice Hockey on the international stages despite inventing them, boasting a population of 300 million, endless funding, and a healthy following. (American Football and Baseball don't carry any interest as international sports.)

Well what you have to remember is that footy over in the states has only been a professional sport since 1996,

Not only that, ESPN did a study ( before the world cup) and it is now the 2nd most popular sport for people ages 17-31 and is the joint favorite sport for ages 12-17. Its definitely gaining in popularity with the young people.

I was also really impressed with their response to being knocked out - same day and their management structure were already analyzing what went wrong and what they need to do to improve. They also have some solid financial backing and there are now more football pitches in this area than any other sport - they are definitely investing in the future.

Might get banned for this, lol, but there is a real chance they could win the world cup before England do, if they continue improving!

How many Leicester game have you been too ? Honestly, I have to read your comments on Leicester games since 2007, how many games have you witnessed in person ? I've follow Leicester my whole life up and down this country. Going to watch Taylor Basset, Levein, Kelly, Worthington, Allen Megson, Holloway Sousa and Sven pile of turds but I never stop going because I love Leicester. Probably like you love a Aussie rule football team, you don't have that love for a football team like a European or a South American because your local Soccer team been around 5 years.

You notice you bang on about your national side and Tim god cahill and how you went to a world cup. Here's some truth for ya mate. I don't give two shits about England because I'm a Leicester fan and I follow Leicester. You know I can't really get excited about supporting the likes of Gerrard and Rooney because they're not Drinkwater and Vardy ... but because you haven't got a proper club to support you cheer your no mark national team on and go on about the big star's like Cahill like we should be impressed.

I'd take Bolton away over England winning the World cup anyday. I know for a fact you'd take getting out the group at the 2006 world cup has your greatest footballing memory and that's my point people ... They're all Plastics !!!

What a very bizarre post. I will throw you a lifeline here and suggest maybe you are drunk.

• Like 2

My point is I don't think Australian's or Americans will ever have the same passion for football because they're not born into it. Like that yank who said ice hockey is his favourite sport ...

So you're stereotyping?

My point is I don't think Australian's or Americans will ever have the same passion for football because they're not born into it. Like that yank who said ice hockey is his favourite sport ...

But the generation now voting it as their joint favorite sport ARE born into it.

Don't forget it's only been a professional sport here since 1996. But boy is it catching up. .

I can only hope you have nothing to do with the team's marketing department....

But with you yanks and aussie it's different because your obviously got connection to Leicester like soccerroo grandad I believe was a Leicester fan. So there a reason for him to support us. Most of you have moved to America and obviously still love Leicester. I can't see Americans and Australians getting really into football with no family background. Most Australian players family come from a European country hence their love of football.

Guest MattP

I don't see why that makes a difference.

Cricket and Boxing are probably my favourite sports but Leicester City will always be my favourite team.

Mattp I didn't mean you can't like other sports, I'm on about passion and if you look at every English newspaper. Football is everywhere and on tv. I can't imagine American or Australian people ever having that kind of love for the game.

Another point I want to get across, is Mexico. They're a real footballing nation and see America has a joke. When they lost to America in the 2002 world cup. They were embarrassed, like us losing to wales at a world cup. Mexico don't take American soccer very seriously and Mexico for me will always be the big boy in North America.

Guest MattP

Mattp I didn't mean you can't like other sports, I'm on about passion and if you look at every English newspaper. Football is everywhere and on tv. I can't imagine American or Australian people ever having that kind of love for the game.

Another point I want to get across, is Mexico. They're a real footballing nation and see America has a joke. When they lost to America in the 2002 world cup. They were embarrassed, like us losing to wales at a world cup. Mexico don't take American soccer very seriously and Mexico for me will always be the big boy in North America.

They don't but both are more sports mad than this country is so if soccer does explode the ceiling is higher.

Even in restaurants in the US they will have tvs everywhere with sport on.

Guest MattP

Inventing doesn't mean more passionate though?

Spent time in Oz and the US and it's beyond doubt they are more passionate about sport than us. You speak to birds ib Australia and they all have an AFL team and can name you the Australian bowling attack. You won't find a pub where they aren't some crowded around a tv watching a game.

US is similar, they all know their sports and the players of all their local teams. Even better they al support their local sides as well, no glory hunting.

I thought we lived in a sport mad country until I travelled. We don't really.

As it applies to LCFC, it's in the clubs best interest to grow the brand globally and attact new support (and corresponding financial benefit) beyond the current regional die-hards. It's a necessary component of any business model in today's football. Perhaps that qualifies as plastic, but if the club is to survive (and ever hope to compete) at the highest level, then they will need revenue streams beyond the current ones.

Funny because Mayweather can't fill a stadium out to watch him fight ??

Americans people support their local team ?? You mean state, some states are bigger then England. So hardly amazing. Imagine if we played as states. The East Midlands could easily fill a 100,000 seated stadium but no US side does.

England take more fans across the world for sporting events then any other nation. Be it for Football, Rugby, Cricket or boxing.