Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

Guest MattP

Mayweather can't fill a stadium as he's boring and a twat. Boxing isn't huge in the US anymore either.

What about the fact the US and Australia both took more fans to 2014 WC than us? By a long way as well.

We do have exceptional travelling support though when it comes to Cricket, Cycling and Boxing.

Football aswell, Teams always travel in big numbers in the champions league or Europa League. No other countries in Europe does. One world cup were we've only took 10,000. See how many we take to Russia 2018 and how many Americans or Aussies travel.

England away support is the best in the world based on numbers over the last 100 years. One world cup doesn't make them more passionate.

Guest MattP

Travelling support doesn't really define a countries passion for sport though. That's a small loyal minority.

Day to Day You just had a feeling of sports obsession in the US and Oz that we don't have here.

Haha travelling support doesn't define a passion for support.

Funny because England football team are the most supported team on the planet. Everywhere you go in this country it's football or Wimbledon this week or Lewis Hamilton or the lions the other week. Snooker and darts massive crowds.

Guest MattP

Haha travelling support doesn't define a passion for support.

Funny because England football team are the most supported team on the planet. Everywhere you go in this country it's football or Wimbledon this week or Lewis Hamilton or the lions the other week. Snooker and darts massive crowds.

How do you work that out and what 'massive crowds' does Snooker attract?

People go darts to get pissed let's be honest.

Guest MattP

In England it's club over country.

In the USA it's country over club.

That's why they have more passionate home support than we do.

None of their players would get into our team though.

lol lol

Yeah of course they wouldn't. Premier league bestest league in da world. All our players = legends.

Guest MattP

I don't see what's so funny.

It's the simple truth.

Is it balls, can swop the whole back 5 from what I've seen in the national team shirts.

Guest MattP

Just because they did better than us at this World Cup, doesn't mean that our players aren't better than theirs.

No it doesn't. But from what I have seen in International matches I would start a lot of their players instead of ours.

The sooner we start picking our team on performance at international level rather than what they do surrounded by foreign talent at PL level is the day we might start getting somewhere with regards to performance.

If the US played England now I know who I would be backing.

My point is I don't think Australian's or Americans will ever have the same passion for football because they're not born into it. Like that yank who said ice hockey is his favourite sport ...

A lot of Aussies have families from Central and Eastern Europe.

No it doesn't. But from what I have seen in International matches I would start a lot of their players instead of ours.

The sooner we start picking our team on performance at international level rather than what they do surrounded by foreign talent at PL level is the day we might start getting somewhere with regards to performance.

If the US played England now I know who I would be backing.

I would be backing England.

We very rarely lose to "smaller" teams.

We normally only lose to the big heavyweight nations.

Just because they did better than us at this World Cup, doesn't mean that our players aren't better than theirs.

Yeah, but the truth is - they aren't.

I would be backing England.

We very rarely lose to "smaller" teams.

We normally only lose to the big heavyweight nations.

It's because you aren't a big heavyweight nation (anymore).

They are. We are superior to the USA in every position.

We have always been a heavyweight nation and still are - just we are at the lower end of the heavyweights.

No, you're not.

As a team and in some positions even individually, the England team lacks one thing in particular. Heart.

You've been a heavyweight nation once and haven't been one ever since. You are just deluding yourself.

Guest MattP

How the hell are we a heavyweight nation?

We've not been to a final for 50 years and we've only ever made one semi final outside our own country in history.

Our footballing history isn't as strong as Hungary or Czechslovakia when you look at it.

Thank god we got to host it once or it would be as depressing as anything.

How the hell are we a heavyweight nation?

We've not been to a final for 50 years and we've only ever made one semi final outside our own country in history.

Our footballing history isn't as strong as Hungary or Czechslovakia when you look at it.

Thank god we got to host it once or it would be as depressing as anything.

Because we are one of only 8 nations to have won the World Cup.

Yeah it was on home soil but Uruguay, Italy, Argentina and France also won their first World Cup at home.

Holland are a heavyweight and they have never won the World Cup.

Hungary have never won anything and they are now an average nation who never qualify for tournaments.

We have underachieved but that's mostly because we are bad at penalty shoot-outs.

We are probably the lightest of the heavyweights but a heavyweight nonetheless.

Edited by Pride_Of_The_Midlands