Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

You're wasting your time he admitted in a round about way he hasn't been to an A league or MLS game so he is basing his opinion on his baseless 'logic'

Fair enough :P

To be honest I wasn't expecting much when I came out here, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest in football. I hadn't taken into account all the second/third generation Italians, Greeks, Slavs, Brits etc who are proud Aussies.

The US have all their Hispanics, Italians, Germans etc

Guest MattP

England have failed to qualify for 3 World Cups.

Spain have failed to qualify for 4 World Cups.

France have failed to qualify for 5 World Cups.

Holland have failed to qualify for 7 World Cups.

Portugal have failed to qualify for 13 World Cups.

These arguments are getting beyond the point of desperate now lol

Annoying watching the world cup and people saying their at the home of football. England I'm afraid is the home of football, Wembley is the home of football. Brazil are the best team ever, based on results but England is the home of football.

Edit: Was probably a bit harsh

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

How many of these have hosted the World Cup on their home turf?

Another ludicrous and pointless comparison - there wasn't even a qualification in the early days of the World Cup competition at all (the 1930 teams were all picked by the FIFA).

And some nations didn't participate in the qualification process at times (like the Netherlands in 1950, 1954, for instance).

You don't even take the qualification process into consideration - sometimes, a qualification group only consisted of two nations.

Just any stupendous "stat" so you can prove your wacky point about England being supposedly superior based on their finals appearances. lol

Yes, the best of the failures.

Things are looking up.

You've just further proved my point. England for a long period just had to see of Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland for a spot. Those other teams you mentioned had a harder qualifying path.

Back in track though, in my opinion I don't think America or Australia will ever become any kind of force in world football or their fans base will ever grow to say Englands or Brazils.

Lets be honest would you really sit there talking to a yank or Aussie about football ? You wouldn't because they don't really have the same passion for it. Some people on here like MattP have travelled to Disneyland so that makes them expert's on American sport now.

Or that Socceroo went to a world cup and 17 Leicester games, so now he's a expert on football and is a real passionate football fan.

Guest MattP

Back in track though, in my opinion I don't think America or Australia will ever become any kind of force in world football or their fans base will ever grow to say Englands or Brazils.

Lets be honest would you really sit there talking to a yank or Aussie about football ? You wouldn't because they don't really have the same passion for it. Some people on here like MattP have travelled to Disneyland so that makes them expert's on American sport now.

Or that Socceroo went to a world cup and 17 Leicester games, so now he's a expert on football and is a real passionate football fan.

Never been to Disneyland.

Been to see LA Galaxy, Seattle and Melbourne Victory, I was very surprised as their stadiums actually had a better atmosphere than our own. Was actually quite a sobering effort to see just how saturised we have become.

No point trying to convince you otherwise though, you sound like a 60 year old Yorkshireman when it comes to sport.

lol

USA and Australia have more passionate home support than England.

And they both had good travelling support in Brazil.

Never been to Disneyland.

Been to see LA Galaxy, Seattle and Melbourne Victory, I was very surprised as their stadiums actually had a better atmosphere than our own. Was actually quite a sobering effort to see just how saturised we have become.

No point trying to convince you otherwise though, you sound like a 60 year old Yorkshireman when it comes to sport.

Your been to 10 games max, congratulations your fully qualified now to say the MlS and the A league have better atmosphere then england. You probably sit in the west stand anyway.

I hate english people like you, you go America or Australia and you suck up to the locals by slagging your own country off. Yes mister yank your football so much better then ours, yes Ricky Hatton is shit, I'm here to support Mayweather. You then come back and think your a big shot because your been to watch LA Galaxy play. I have no ambition to go watch a team called ****ing Galaxy, Galaxy vs Dynamo .. sounds like a crap power rangers film.

I'm a traditionalist pal, I don't wanna go support a franchise and support a power ranger.

How the **** can they have more passionate fans then english football fans ?!!

We're the most footballing country on earth. They don't hardly even understand football, ffs they call it soccer. I'm sorry I'm not having it. Americans and aussies big football fans ... behave.

Guest MattP

Your been to 10 games max, congratulations your fully qualified now to say the MlS and the A league have better atmosphere then england. You probably sit in the west stand anyway.

I hate english people like you, you go America or Australia and you suck up to the locals by slagging your own country off. Yes mister yank your football so much better then ours, yes Ricky Hatton is shit, I'm here to support Mayweather. You then come back and think your a big shot because your been to watch LA Galaxy play. I have no ambition to go watch a team called ****ing Galaxy, Galaxy vs Dynamo .. sounds like a crap power rangers film.

I'm a traditionalist pal, I don't wanna go support a franchise and support a power ranger.

lol What the actual ****?

I can only report back on what I've seen and they did have a better atmosphere than us, if you want me to lie to make you feel better then find someone else to talk about this with.

I can promise you no English were out there to support Mayweather, you would have had the absolute shit kicked out of you. I even went out there to support Cotto against him? You can tell you haven't been to Vegas mind if you think the locals see praising Mayweather as sucking up, he's far more loved on these shores than in the states, outside the ghettos they can't stand him.

Are you smoking something?

The basis of your theory is an enormeous assumption. People who have a much more vast experience than you tell you differently and the only way for you to respond is by insulting them as being "less English" than you? **** it, Ash. You and your bloody inferiority complex.

Experience the world, go out there and see for yourself how deluded and narrow-minded your pathetic views on international football are.

You pride yourself on being a "traditionalist", yet support a team with a majority shareholder who is American.

God, you're a simpleton.

Nooooo you just come on here and refer to Arsenal as we and then tell everyone you travel the country supporting Leicester.. Good one.

How many Liverpool away games do you go pal ? You on the cheap football thread and I quote brought a Man Yanited shirt with Ronny on the back and a Chelsea shirt with lampard on the back.

You re a comolete joke being a Liverpool fan buying a yanited shirt

How the **** can they have more passionate fans then english football fans ?!!

We're the most footballing country on earth. They don't hardly even understand football, ffs they call it soccer. I'm sorry I'm not having it. Americans and aussies big football fans ... behave.

They have more passionate national team fans.

The atmosphere at Wembley is shocking.

How many Liverpool away games do you go pal ? You on the cheap football thread and I quote brought a Man Yanited shirt with Ronny on the back and a Chelsea shirt with lampard on the back.

You re a comolete joke being a Liverpool fan buying a yanited shirt

I can confirm I have never in my life owned a Man United shirt and I can confirm I have never owned a Chelsea shirt.

But by all means keep trying to turn this around on me because you have made yourself look a complete div in here.