Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

MLS

No I've seen that before and it is amazing but that's Liverpool not a A league side. I hate Liverpool but they're a famous club in world football with a massive international fan base and they're alot of ex pats living in Australia who probably support Liverpool.

Would any A League team sell out 95,000 though ? Nope it was a English side who sold that stadium because Teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool can sell out stadium's all over the world. Man utd always sell out in america.

No as the MCG is reserved for cricket during the A-league season proper but been to a few sell outs of 50,000 these weren't even derbies but against Sydney and Adelaide

The Sydney derby sells out a 40k stadium.

WSW after 1 season had a waiting list for season tickets.

The standard may not be the best (Probably more a lower championship or league 1 standard) but there is certaintly alot of passionate fans around (Which is your argument in the first place).

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX

How the **** can they have more passionate fans then english football fans ?!!

We're the most footballing country on earth. They don't hardly even understand football, ffs they call it soccer. I'm sorry I'm not having it. Americans and aussies big football fans ... behave.

For someone who comes from the 'most footballing nation on earth' you've just proven you know bugger all about football around the world

lol

Back in track though, in my opinion I don't think America or Australia will ever become any kind of force in world football or their fans base will ever grow to say Englands or Brazils.

Brazil isn't a good comparison (especially right now :P ) Average crowds in the MLS are higher than Brazil's top division. Average crowds in the A league are only just behind

Lets be honest would you really sit there talking to a yank or Aussie about football ? You wouldn't because they don't really have the same passion for it. Some people on here like MattP have travelled to Disneyland so that makes them expert's on American sport now.

Yes I would talk to a Yank or an Aussie about football. They're as passionate as everyone else

Or that Socceroo went to a world cup and 17 Leicester games, so now he's a expert on football and is a real passionate football fan.

I've been to two World Cups, a few hundred Leicester games and about a hundred A league games. And I agree with him. :thumbup:

Edited by OzFox

In England it's club over country.

In the USA it's country over club.

That's why they have more passionate home support than we do.

None of their players would get into our team though.

Sit back, and think about what you're writing. Stop deluding yourself that FIFA ratings mean anything. FIFA is a game with a big English fanbase, of course they're going to over-rate our teams and players. Just like Sky Sports. They do it for the sole reason idiots like you buy into it and delude yourself that it's better than it is.

None of their players would get into our team? On the World Cup showing I don't think any of ours would get into theirs and I'm deadly serious. They weren't just better than us, they were better than us in every single department, as were a lot of sides, once again.

Edited by Dan LCFC

No it doesn't. But from what I have seen in International matches I would start a lot of their players instead of ours.

The sooner we start picking our team on performance at international level rather than what they do surrounded by foreign talent at PL level is the day we might start getting somewhere with regards to performance.

If the US played England now I know who I would be backing.

I'm about done with this clown. The absolute stereotype #EPL best leag in da wurld ! ! cretin.

Disagree England invented most popular sports and I would say are more sport mad.

Football, cricket, rugby, boxing and Golf. All English sports.

Whilst this thread has been highly quality entertainment, I would like pick up the following.

Golf is very much a Scottish sport, not English.

And if you want to argue semantics, Boxing itself has been around for a few thousand years, very much not invented in England, though I will grant you the modern version does have its base in England.

Rugby and Cricket? Yup English sports, I'll give you that. But, uhh, shall we take a quick whistle stop tour of some of the major players of these sports on the world stage? In Cricket we've got Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the West Indies... hrm... what do these have in common? Ah yes, they were all ruled by us for a couple of centuries so the love of this sport has hardly grown organically. Let's think about countries that have a huge cricket following that weren't part of the Empire... and we're done.

As for Rugby, basically the same as above, except that you can say that it is popular in some other areas of the world that were not part of the Empire, like France, Italy, Argentina.

So yeah. England. Sporting capital of the world, clearly.

Sit back, and think about what you're writing. Stop deluding yourself that FIFA ratings mean anything. FIFA is a game with a big English fanbase, of course they're going to over-rate our teams and players. Just like Sky Sports. They do it for the sole reason idiots like you buy into it and delude yourself that it's better than it is.

None of their players would get into our team? On the World Cup showing I don't think any of ours would get into theirs and I'm deadly serious. They weren't just better than us, they were better than us in every single department, as were a lot of sides, once again.

Stop deluding yourself that USA have better players than England.

That's clearly not the case.

There is genuinely not one American player who would get into the England team.

Of course they did better than us but they also did better than Portugal, Spain and Italy and we all know that their players aren't as good as the Portuguese, Spanish or Italian players.

Of course they did better than us but they also did better than Portugal, Spain and Italy and we all know that their players aren't as good as the Portuguese, Spanish or Italian players.

That for once, is a fair point.

He didn't say they were?

He was saying based on this World Cup that the USA were superior to England, which is true.

The main flaw in your argument is that you believe that "better players" equals "more success".

The US may not have the better players club-wise and some may play for clubs with less "prestige " (or whatever you'd like to call it), but as a team, a collective, they were clearly better.

Which pretty much renders your whole point void.

England has the better players, indeed. Allegedly.

Just because you have a good world cup Daniel, doesn't make you some kind of awesome player. The premiership and la liga are alot tougher.

In your idiot logic, brian ruiz is a better player then Rooney loool.

Spain, Portugal, England, ivory coast and Italy are much better sides then the USA.

And MC please your logic is even more retarded, Switzerland are better because they got further hahaha

Leicester must be better then Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd because we got further in the league cup !!!

Seriously US fookin A.

Hahahahha sorry what the hell are the lumberjacks doing hahahahaha

Portland Timbers have a lumberjack that cuts off a bit of wood and it gets passed around and eventually given to the goalscorer I think. Bit of a tradition.

Portland Timbers have a lumberjack that cuts off a bit of wood and it gets passed around and eventually given to the goalscorer I think. Bit of a tradition.

Traditional hey ?! In the MLS ?! This has been passed down for 7 years now !!!

Reasons like this are why Americans don't get football. Imgaine we just scored against Forest ... Quick lads get the tree stump hahaha

The main flaw in your argument is that you believe that "better players" equals "more success".

The US may not have the better players club-wise and some may play for clubs with less "prestige " (or whatever you'd like to call it), but as a team, a collective, they were clearly better.

Which pretty much renders your whole point void.

England has the better players, indeed. Allegedly.

The main flaw in your argument is that you believe that "more success" equals "better players

It doesn't.

USA over-performed.

England under-performed.

England > USA