Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

I hope so geezer, I trust Levein but if this has been totally thrown up out of the blue and the directors have pulled a fast one we might be struggling.

I have a feeling Hammond will be the only signing today and he's already here!!!!

I hope that is not true, because in that case I can only see us struggling and possibly even relegated. At the moment we have the classic ingredients for relegation, a leaky defence and an inability to score. CL needs to break that cycle or a trip to Forest might be on the cards next season. :unsure::ph34r::huh::unsure::( <_<

:( its a shame really, i would of loved to see him try to get 20 goals this season, hes a quality player, but we dont get 2million for a player these days, we paid 500k for him, n wernt part of that fee if we got promoted? so 1.5mil + profit. i hope we sign a good replacement! maybe bid 1mil for hartley cuz our defence .... :unsure: n a striker?

:( its a shame really, i would of loved to see him try to get 20 goals this season, hes a quality player, but we dont get 2million for a player these days, we paid 500k for him, n wernt part of that fee if we got promoted? so 1.5mil + profit. i hope we sign a good replacement! maybe bid 1mil for hartley cuz our defence .... :unsure: n a striker?

Hartley? As in Paul Hartley? He's a central midfielder

£2m? fock me.. it's like winning the lottery. Come on lads, if we look at it hes a good player but 8 of his 14 or so goals last season were sodding penalties. This season, about the only bright spark we've had out of him is that rare hat trick against stoke. Big woop.. Id prefer we had a forward who was capable of scoring say once a game or something. If Boyd is still available from Kilmarnock I'd try and get him in. Id wager we wouldnt have to pay anything like £2m and his wages would be cheaper. Also what about Dave Nugent off Preston? Do you reckon we'd have a chance of getting him if we offered £1-£1.5m?

if connolly goes i wil be gutted wat is it with us selling our best strikers jus when they are showing there potential if he goes we are going to be in mid table or relegation places what the hell is CL doing bring in huim who aint got the greatest goals to game ratio in league 1 let alone the championship shit signing . is cl the new peter taylor?

Connolly is in talks and he would be mad to stay with us. Cheers to the board for **** us over as we now have no time to sign a replacement - Hammond cant be classed as that he hasnt **** scored in England before

Have you not read the Ian Hume thread? Is it invisible? There's a few people who have failed to see it.

Done deal then. Fee could rise to £3 which isnt bad. Still dont think its the right move, and if we do really need the money then why have we waited until the last day in the transfer window to sell him?

Hmm it's official then!

Connolly Leaves For Latics

It's 2mil + a possible extra 1mil - I also wonder what that depends on!?!?!

[Levein] added: "We have agreed a fee with Tranmere Rovers for Iain Hume, but obviously this deal hinges on the player agreeing personal terms. We are also currently negotiating with Elvis Hammond and Fulham to make his deal permanent."

Archived