Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

Wigan have lodged £6m bids for Norwich striker Dean Ashton and Trabzonspor's Turkish forward Fatih Tekke - and will buy from the first club to accept their offer, say the Daily Mirror. Wigan are desperate for attacking options and believe that the Canaries will buckle if they offer so much more than either West Ham or Man City for Ashton.

Wigan have lodged £6m bids for Norwich striker Dean Ashton and Trabzonspor's Turkish forward Fatih Tekke - and will buy from the first club to accept their offer, say the Daily Mirror. Wigan are desperate for attacking options and believe that the Canaries will buckle if they offer so much more than either West Ham or Man City for Ashton.

162402[/snapback]

Are they forgetting that Man City recently were given £21mil :ermm:

A little birdie has told me that Connolly has begged CL to accept a bid for him as he is desperate to play in the prem. CL said that if a decent offer comes in he cannot keep unhappy players here and will not stand in his way.

162350[/snapback]

Okay.

So Connolly (in cracking form) has gone in to CL and "begged" to leave (thus implying to the manager that City have no chance of promotion which, if that got out among the squad would please em no end).

And CL tells him not top worry. He won't stand in his way and wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player.

And do you not think that Connolly might be in form because of CL and his approach?.

And do you not think CL has ambitions of his own?.

And do you think a hardcase manager like CL would put up with players whining to him about what they want and where they want to go?.

Get real - he'd be back on the training ground in minutes and I don't think he'd be daft enough to go "begging" for anything.

Connolly can realise his Premiership dream with City if he's patient and, although I know everyone has his price, I can see no logical way you'd transfer him now unless City had a cast-iron replacement of the same calibre lined up.

And which club has four-star 20 goals a season centre-forwards knocking around that they want to sell at this stage of the season?

And why would CL set his own career back without a replacement? It won't be what Connolly wants that sways CL it'll be what's best for Leicester and what's best for his CL's own future.

Only big money might swing the pendulum but even then it would be a gamble cos there's a big money prize we're chasing and it would be a shame to blow it on a short-sighted decision.

Nor could I imagine the money-men are that concerned. City's squad, suggested to be worth about £3m early summer, must be worth close to double that now which in itself should more than counterbalance the temporary loss of a few fans.

We have two more players who seem capable of scoring in Hammond and Hamill and, with four games undefeated, there are signs that we're building some lasting confidence.

Why would CL wanna take a backward step and risk all that growing optimism - unless he holds a trump card up his sleeve? Or unless someone's holding a gun to his head and I cannot imagine that just now.

Okay.

So Connolly (in cracking form) has gone in to CL and "begged" to leave (thus implying to the manager that City have no chance of promotion which, if that got out among the squad would please em no end).

And CL tells him not top worry. He won't stand in his way and wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player.

And do you not think that Connolly might be in form because of CL and his approach?.

And do you not think CL has ambitions of his own?.

And do you think a hardcase manager like CL would put up with players whining to him about what they want and where they want to go?.

Get real - he'd be back on the training ground in minutes and I don't think he'd be daft enough to go "begging" for anything.

Connolly can realise his Premiership dream with City if he's patient and, although I know everyone has his price, I can see no logical way you'd transfer him now unless City had a cast-iron replacement of the same calibre lined up.

And which club has four-star 20 goals a season centre-forwards knocking around that they want to sell at this stage of the season?

And why would CL set his own career back without a replacement? It won't be what Connolly wants that sways CL it'll be what's best for Leicester and what's best for his CL's own future.

Only big money might swing the pendulum but even then it would be a gamble cos there's a big money prize we're chasing and it would be a shame to blow it on a short-sighted decision.

Nor could I imagine the money-men are that concerned. City's squad, suggested to be worth about £3m early summer, must be worth close to double that now which in itself should more than counterbalance the temporary loss of a few fans.

We have two more players who seem capable of scoring in Hammond and Hamill and, with four games undefeated, there are signs that we're building some lasting confidence.

Why would CL wanna take a backward step and risk all that growing optimism - unless he holds a trump card up his sleeve? Or unless someone's holding a gun to his head and I cannot imagine that just now.

162748[/snapback]

Quite a good post there mate, I have to agree with you (first time for everything)

:P

Once again spot on Thracian. CL needs Conners and the money for the club and prestige as manager CL is after is promotion this season or at worst next. That will far outweigh £1.5mill for our striker, who is an integral part of our plans. Also it wont hurt the 40/1 I had on DC being top goalscorer!

Latics lose out in £5million bid

Paul Jewell has confirmed he failed with a £5million bid for Dean Ashton but says he is currently working on deals to sign two players.

The gaffer has had a frustrating time in the transfer market this summer but was hoping for a breakthrough when he offered a club-record fee for the Norwich striker only to be told by the Canaries he is not for sale at any price.

Jewell, who is desperate for a new striker to replace the departed Nathan Ellington, has also missed out on Bradford's Dean Windass and Trabzonspor's Fatih Tekke but is determined to make new signings and is locked in talks with two players.

"Dean (Windass) would have been a great player to have in our squad, but I can understand Bradford not wanting to see their best player go and I can understand Dean wanting to stay where he's guaranteed to play every week," Jewell revealed.

"Norwich have told us Dean Ashton is not for sale at any price, we made one bid of £5 million for him. As for Tekke, that was another substantial bid but his club don't need to sell and don't want to sell. I got the impression they would get in too much trouble with their fans if they let him leave, so that one isn't going to happen.

"I have got a couple of deals on the go as we speak but I'm not going to name names as it could put the deals in jeopardy. Let's put it this way, I won't be spending any time at home this weekend."

Latics lose out in £5million bid

Paul Jewell has confirmed he failed with a £5million bid for Dean Ashton but says he is currently working on deals to sign two players.

The gaffer has had a frustrating time in the transfer market this summer but was hoping for a breakthrough when he offered a club-record fee for the Norwich striker only to be told by the Canaries he is not for sale at any price.

Jewell, who is desperate for a new striker to replace the departed Nathan Ellington, has also missed out on Bradford's Dean Windass and Trabzonspor's Fatih Tekke but is determined to make new signings and is locked in talks with two players.

"Dean (Windass) would have been a great player to have in our squad, but I can understand Bradford not wanting to see their best player go and I can understand Dean wanting to stay where he's guaranteed to play every week," Jewell revealed.

"Norwich have told us Dean Ashton is not for sale at any price, we made one bid of £5 million for him. As for Tekke, that was another substantial bid but his club don't need to sell and don't want to sell. I got the impression they would get in too much trouble with their fans if they let him leave, so that one isn't going to happen.

"I have got a couple of deals on the go as we speak but I'm not going to name names as it could put the deals in jeopardy. Let's put it this way, I won't be spending any time at home this weekend."

163940[/snapback]

Bugger.

if he goes then CL will have replacements in mind. so dont worry to much

163955[/snapback]

What's the point of selling him we are only going to have to spend the money we get for him on another player,who will probably take half a season to find his feet.

I think CL is relying on MDV far too much.He's still unproven.

If Connolly goes we can kiss the premiership goodbye for next seaon. :mad:

jesus! i still cant see why everyone BUMS him so much.

just beacuse he has had a good past 6 months......

yeh ok the only player that can get 20+ goals for us this season. if he was sold, we could bring in at least 2 extra players 1 of which will definatly be a striker that after a few months everybody will start buming bum bum bum.

This rumour wont die until August 31st, and only then will it die for 4 months or so, until the Winter transfer window opens.

I say sit back and watch - Connolly probably wont be going anywhere before September 1st and if he does, we've got players in our sights should we need to replace him.

Relax people :ph34r:

jesus! i still cant see why everyone BUMS him so much.

just beacuse he has had a good past 6 months......

yeh ok the only player that can get 20+ goals for us this season. if he was sold, we could bring in at least 2 extra players 1 of which will definatly be a striker that after a few months everybody will start buming bum bum bum.

163971[/snapback]

What are you on about mate no ones bumming him,you just cant sell your best players and expect to get promoted

So do me a favour lose the attitude lol

This rumour wont die until August 31st, and only then will it die for 4 months or so, until the Winter transfer window opens.

I say sit back and watch - Connolly probably wont be going anywhere before September 1st and if he does, we've got players in our sights should we need to replace him.

Relax people 

gd post, thats what i have been saying

What are you on about mate no ones bumming him,you just cant sell your best players and expect to get promoted

So do me a favour lose the attitude

im just fed up of everyone saying were f***ed if conners goes.

WE ARE NOT A ONE MAN TEAM PEOPLE

Archived