Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

From this season to all Clubs. I think loans are still a possibility. ;):thumbup:

Thats what i thought it was. The FA and football league tried to get the rule overturned but FIFA had none of it. So all league clubs have are part of the transfer window. And Steven is right i think, you can still loan players!

Still looking for confirmation on the transfer window thing, but whilst on there i saw this:

Wigan have been linked with a move for Leicester City striker David Connolly. (Daily Mirror)

Dont know if its already been posted but its just from a gossip page.

The transfer window doesn't apply to Scotland does it?? :D:D

Doesnt the transfer deadline only apply to premership clubs??

from this year it applies to all league clubs in europe, ypu can only loan players i8n extream circumstances (ie all your senior squad goalkeepers get injured)

Sell him for £1M+ if a replacement can be found asap. Simple as.

Good business, if you ask me, in the same style as "buy a striker for £8M, put him on the bench and then sell him for £17M to the dozy Toon"-type business.

Still looking for confirmation on the transfer window thing, but whilst on there i saw this:

Dont know if its already been posted but its just from a gossip page.

Yeah we've seen it ;)

I posted it and this thread kicked back into life as others posted rumours of similar vein.

£3.5m ... wow.

As soon as the board receive an offer the club will be moving quickly to find a replacement or replacements, being so late they might be loan with a view to a permanent move type deals. If an offer comes in today, we will probably be able to sign a replacement before the transfer window closes.

the transfer window is fast closing, won't be long until we see if these rumours are true or not :thumbup::smile:

Sell him for £1M+ if a replacement can be found asap. Simple as.

Good business, if you ask me, in the same style as "buy a striker for £8M, put him on the bench and then sell him for £17M to the dozy Toon"-type business.

lol he is a good addition to their squad but they paid way too much for him

With the market how it is, I would back the board if they sold connelly for 3.5million even if it means no replacement until January.

Remember wigan at this stage are desperate, they will pay over the odds to get someone in and whoever they buy now the seller has the advantage, of course it will be the same for leics if they try to get replacements in for tommorow.

Loans remain an option tho and with 3.5mill in the bank the wage limit will probably be a bit higher.

Levien should only sell if he has another striker in mind who he can bring in asap before the window closes, theres no doubt the club would accept any bids larger then £500k, to sell him without replacing him would be stupid in my opinion the only way this could work is if we changed the formation and played one up front or possibly a midfielder such as hughes behind the striker.

According to PFKAKTF FOX on another forum. ;):thumbup::unsure:

According to the rivals site, a poster from Watford has it on good authority from their club physio that Connolly will move back to Vicarage Road tomorrow, according to this poster its a done deal.

Any idea on a fee? And assuming this is true, which i dont think it is, why would he go from Leicester to Watford?

Jordan Stewart managed it. :huh::)

Watford don't strike me as having that kind of moolah to spend. Did they get £Â£Ã‚£s for Webber. Is Sir Elt back in town?

Cardiff is more likely - 0% reliable rumour starts here folks. They had a substantial bid for Riordan parried by Hibs - and they seem keen to spend the Gabbidon cash and get themselves into administration asap. God bless Sam Hamann.

Originally posted by Jedi on another forum, from Teamtalk. ;):thumbup:

"Wigan have made an improved offer of £600,000 for Bradford striker Dean Windass and Paul Jewell is also set to sign David Connolly from Leicester for £2m"

Archived