Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

Another with the same words. You would think other sites would at least re-word it. ;):thumbup::rolleyes:

"Wigan are trying to sign Leicester striker David Connolly but will have to pay £3.5m"

Source

Todays Mirror:

"Wigan are trying to sign Leicester striker David Connolly but will have to pay £3.5m"

I would definitely take that.

See ya David thanks for the goals!!!

£3.5m we'd be laughin all the way to the bank with that.

I hope Wigan just get on with it if they are planning to sign him. Otherwise we will not have time to get in sufficient cover. I think we should start trying to bring in Boyd and Riordan ready and then cancel the negotiations if Connolly stays.

Are the Mirror having a bubble or what? £3.5 million? As if we would charge that much for Connolly. He is a class player at our level and i'd be gutted if he went but I guarantee that if we got an offer of anything over £1.25 million then the board of directors would accept it. £500,000 would be pumped back in for transfers and the rest would be saved or to pay off debts.

He's 28, isn't playing for Ireland at the minute and has scored 17 goals for us in 50+ games. I think he'll get us 20+ goals this season but for a team looking at Connolly why would you pay £3 million more than we paid for him with the season he's had here?

Whoever wrote that piece in the Mirror, should be getting a size 11 up their arse out of the door.

Idiots.

quite true, with 3.5million we can get both Boyd and Riordan and have a bit of change left spare. maybe sign Hammond on permanently? :) i think a natural LEFT winger will be good too untill Hammill is ready for 1st team action week in week out.

Are the Mirror having a bubble or what? £3.5 million? As if we would charge that much for Connolly. He is a class player at our level and i'd be gutted if he went but I guarantee that if we got an offer of anything over £1.25 million then the board of directors would accept it. £500,000 would be pumped back in for transfers and the rest would be saved or to pay off debts.

He's 28, isn't playing for Ireland at the minute and has scored 17 goals for us in 50+ games. I think he'll get us 20+ goals this season but for a team looking at Connolly why would you pay £3 million more than we paid for him with the season he's had here?

Whoever wrote that piece in the Mirror, should be getting a size 11 up their arse out of the door.

Idiots.

Wigan are desperate though, they cant tempt anybody to sign for them as everybody knows where they are destined to finish at the end of the season. they are trying to make us give in with "reports" of 3.5million and for me that is far too expensive but if it will make us sell up they'd be happy. it'd be sad to see him go as he could be prolific down here but the prem will be much harder for him. good luck whatever he does though.

Whilst £3.5 million is a stupid amount for Connolly, the transfer window closes tomorrow. If we haven't got a replacement lined up, Wigan will have to pay stupid money for us to part with him. Wigan (who it seems are desperate after missing out on Windass) know this.

Incidentally, I'd take the money and make do with our current strikeforce until the January window opens. Am I right in assuming we can still loan players whilst the transfer window is shut? If so, that's another option for us. Someone like Chopra from Newcastle?

people say they will take 3.5million, as would i, but who do we get in with under 48 hours to go before transfer deadline. i dont want to be left without a main striker for nearly 4 months or whatever it is now.

The transfer window doesn't apply to Scotland does it?? :D:D

Up until the last minute the FA receives all paper work and stuff will all be valid.

11th hour transfers are the best.

Shocking.

And we got a few gems this way too i'm sure.

To get a deal done on transfer deadline you only need to have a bid accepted by the club and the player talks and medical can be done past the window if I remember rightly.

Archived