Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

Levein does not mention anyone else so looks like thats it for us! What a joke.

Why's it a joke? That will be 4 strikers we'll have. Levein wasn't ever going to sign another was he, whether Connolly left or stayed. The fact that de Vries and Dublin are 2 of our strikers is a joke, but that's a seperate issue. We're in exactly the same position as yesterday except we are potentially £2.25 million better off and we have Iain Hume instead of Connolly who's 7 years younger than him and potentially as talented.

i heard on sky sports news that its on apps and goals, where you get your info

"Wigan secure signing of Connolly

Connolly said the move came about very quickly

Wigan have signed Leicester's David Connolly on a three-year deal for an initial fee of £2m, rising to £3m if they stay up in the Premiership."

This was off the BBC site :S

Why's it a joke? That will be 4 strikers we'll have. Levein wasn't ever going to sign another was he, whether Connolly left or stayed. The fact that de Vries and Dublin are 2 of our strikers is a joke, but that's a seperate issue. We're in exactly the same position as yesterday except we are potentially £2.25 million better off and we have Iain Hume instead of Connolly who's 7 years younger than him and potentially as talented.

What im saying is I cant believe CL still thinks we can do well with the 4 strikers we have, its been proven so far that out of the goals scored all but 1 have been by Connolly (from strikers) so surely now when we have the money its the perfect chance to IMPROVE our team rather than just replace Connolly, this is the most money we have had in years and we need to take a gamble and bring another striker in to go for promotion!

Even if Hume is better than Connolly we will be relying on him to get all our goals and we dont even know if he has a) definetly signed and b) can hack it in this league!!

What im saying is I cant believe CL still thinks we can do well with the 4 strikers we have, its been proven so far that out of the goals scored all but 1 have been by Connolly (from strikers) so surely now when we have the money its the perfect chance to IMPROVE our team rather than just replace Connolly, this is the most money we have had in years and we need to take a gamble and bring another striker in to go for promotion!

Even if Hume is better than Connolly we will be relying on him to get all our goals and we dont even know if he has a) definetly signed and b) can hack it in this league!!

Your right, I just don't think we'll get another one in. If we could get Boyd for £300,000 then that would only be £1.1 million spent and potentially a lethal strikerforce. I think Levein has total faith in de Vries and I reckon he's confident Elvis and Hume will get 30 between them.

we are a worse team from losing connolly why are people happy?

I doubt much of the fee will go back into the transfer kitty

look at us mate... we are 16th in the focking table... that's with Connolly. £2m is a great deal for us.. if we get £3m that would be top stuff.. though Id wager that rests on them staying up.. which I doubt they will....

Im hoping Levein brings Boyd in from Cardiff aswell as hume. Then I'll be happy as Larry.

we are a worse team from losing connolly why are people happy?

I doubt much of the fee will go back into the transfer kitty

I don't think the board is completely stupid - I'm sure they're aware that without spending at least a fair amount of the cash, we're gonna find it really hard to replace Conners. I mean, afterall, Wigan are really only paying 2m because it's so late - late transfers often require a bit extra to make the club sell.

I think, or hope, that the board will release 50% or more of that transfer cash immediately - give CL a chance to bring in a direct replacement or two.

I sure wish I could see the management staff today, they must surely be running around like headless chickens who just got themselves 2m quid. lol

We can only hope the purchase made are sound purchases, not rash last-minute panic buys.

To be honest I agree and dont think another will come in, I just wish Levein could see that De Vries really is bad, as much as a I like him and like the effort he puts in, he really isnt good enough.

Id like to see Hume and Hammond given a serious chance at a partnership, two pacey strikers would be great - look at Webber and Kabba for Sheff Utd when we played them!

Also if Boyd was bought it would be good to have Elvis out wide and Boys and Hume up front!

The best bit of business Craig has done since he came here. £2M+ for a player who got just a dozen or so goals last year. Superb. :):)

Speculate to accumulate - now we have two quick strikers and hopefully something left in the kitty for January, should we need it.

OK, it says on the news about the deadline being today, but is that just for the Prem?

Having £2m is great, but if you haven't got anyone lined up by now, I guess we ARE screwed.

We have 1 old fella in Dublin, who on his day can be good. We have De Vries, who could possibly come good but has to start showing his mettle very very soon!

Elvis is ok, but isn't he still on loan? What if he goes back early because of an injury crisis (OK, last bit is a long shot but it is possible!)

Talk about spreading yourself thin - but I think CL wants to shore up the defence and sneak 1-0 wins ala Arsenal late 90's...

Thanks for the info on Elvis, we don't have much in the way of LCFC news down here in the sticks! I don't go onto the OS much these days, and I try to catch the LM online (OK, so now you know how bad it is!!)

I sometimes watch BBC East Mids news on SKY, but I couldn't believe that they totally shunned the fact we won our Cup Tie!! Or did I blink?

Archived