Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

levein will have people in mind, besides look at the rest of are team. the midfielders are doing great for goals already. if they keep up with what they are doing we wont need a 20 a season striker.

im not saying get rid of conners, he is a good striker but if he did go CL will get someone in (prob from scotland).

i will stick by CLs decisions, he knows whats best for the team so lets let him decide

It seems a fair bet that something's going on. Mind you if Wigan are involved Jewell's showing no consideration for our needs by leaving it so late. I'd be inclined to be bloody minded back...especially if my options had run out of time.

I'm SURE Conners is off now (to Wigan) - did you see CL's quote today about "emergency options if players are injured or ARE SOLD before the window closes". Sound to me like he's going offload Conners to Wigan (who have 3 "striker irons in the fire" according to Jewell). £1.5 million will bring in Boyd AND Reardon, who I see have "pulled out" of their moves to Cardiff, strangely !

It all adds up (to me anyway) as Conners for Boyd and Reardon.

i agree I think this move is being sorted now and we have approached Riordan and Boyd hence them pulling out of going to Cardiff - as there was no explanation for them pulling out. I would be happy to have them both for Connolly as this would help solve the De Vries on off situation!

I don't buy any of it until I see Conners holding up another team's shirt and we have another striker or two holding up one of ours.

in the meantime it's all conjecture.

164099[/snapback]

Exactly. How many rumours on this board have actually come true? A very small percentage, and I think this is another one of them.

Exactly. How many rumours on this board have actually come true? A very small percentage, and I think this is another one of them.

164110[/snapback]

Quite so.

The only difference is, this rumour has got so much more coverage - mainly because the second there's a tiny bit of news about Connolly everyone's back on the bandwagon.

The poor guy can't fart without making someone think he's on his way to Wigan :P

Jewell already stated in a press conference how he handles things is if he enquires about a player he doesnt make it public so the player isnt unsettled.

I would guess that connoly has been bid for by wigan and was likely turned down, wigan will probably come again if they cant get anyone and craig is preparing for this, I agree with the above comment regarding Boyd and Riordan it would make sense why they cancelled their moves.

would this be good for Leics? I dont know, if all this happened we would have 5 strikers with possibly some money left for January transfer window, but we would have lost a striker on form.

Jewell already stated in a press conference how he handles things is if he enquires about a player he doesnt make it public so the player isnt unsettled.

I would guess that connoly has been bid for by wigan and was likely turned down, wigan will probably come again if they cant get anyone and craig is preparing for this, I agree with the above comment regarding Boyd and Riordan it would make sense why they cancelled their moves.

would this be good for Leics? I dont know, if all this happened we would have 5 strikers with possibly some money left for January transfer window, but we would have lost a striker on form.

Thursday night was a Fans Consultation meeting. It was stated to us their that no enquiry or bid had been received from Wigan.

how quickly people forget his first 2 games :rolleyes:

exactly! Every striker has a bad game, and dont worry, Conners will be back today! Remember he also came back from injury aswell.

And Step, you say we need a new striker. Name a few strikers that we could relistically sign that would be as good as Conners!

Riordan, Boyd. But we would have to sell Conners to afford them.

Sorry but how do you know they are better?? You seen lots of scottish football??

FFS Connolly has one bad game and all of a sudden he is shit and won't get us the goals. His record in the last 15 games over last and this season is probably better than any other striker in the UK.

Step how exactly should we get a 25 goals a season striker then? You got 5 million quid to buy one for us? Dean Ashton and Andy Johnsonare really highly rated by lots of people in this country... they've scored loads this season so far aint they!!!! They must be shit if someone as obviously crap as connolly has got four.

Archived