Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Ulloa: Let's all be positive and welcome the new signing

How much I know about football along with the majority of what city fans know is summed up by last season. How can any City fan doubt A Pearson signing ? We all know the team and we all know they cost us fvck all in real terms yet p*ssed the league breaking so many records on the way.

Once he got rid of the malcontents and delusions of grandeur wasters he set about building a team on his knowledge of players with potential and hunger to prove people wrong ( De Latte , Drinkwater. James ) All man united rejects and unknowns from the French lower leagues. If ever there was a reason to believe that much ridiculed sound bite " Keep the Faith " then this is it. :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :pearson:  

I do have doubts, it is a lot of money for someone of his age.

But Pearson knows what he's doing in the transfer window. His good signing to bad signing ratio is phenomenal and if he's seen enough to be convinced that he's worth £7mil then good for him for doing it.

I think it'll be the first big money man since I've been going that will actually deliver.

Think that people seem to forget (particular those on Facebook and Twitter) is that, just because some of our players don't have Premiership experience doesn't mean our management team doesn't.

They know what is required in the Premiership and the types of players we need based on the system we will play.

I think this guy will cut the mustard and prove to be a great signing.

We would not have signed Ba for 4.2 million. Chelsea know how much money we are guaranteed for getting promoted and would know we could afford more than 4.2 million, and in premiership terms Ba is probably worth 15 - 20 million. Chelsea most likely didn't want to sell him to a premiership team and would rather get less money for him than face him in the league.

We have to put these transfer fees in context every club and agent knows we are now loaded and will milk us for every penny over any transfer. We will be paying at least double for any player because we are now a prem club.

I'm sure he worth 4.2 as that's what somebody has paid for him, and I'm sure if they offered 4.2 and it was accepted and we offered the same, Chelsea would accept it, and then it's down to his representative to get him the best deal, and wether Ba wants to stay in England or go abroad.

Genuine question...why is everyone so preoccupied with the money at the club? I really don't get it.

The Thais aren't skint, we made over 70 million from getting promoted and we've sold out of season tickets. Pretty much, every home game will be nearly sold out I suspect.

We are now Premiership. Before the likes of Babylon gets his sensible head on, I'm NOT advocating spending silly money. But 7 million quid, having made what we've made and will make, seems a scratch on the surface.

Doesn't it?

Almost certainly in the region of if not in excess of £100k. I'd like to sign Ronaldo and Messi to compliment our attacking options...

To be fair that's why I said I don't know what he's on, and I guessed it was a lot, and I don't think Ba is ronaldo or messi, do you

Genuine question...why is everyone so preoccupied with the money at the club? I really don't get it.

The Thais aren't skint, we made over 70 million from getting promoted and we've sold out of season tickets. Pretty much, every home game will be nearly sold out I suspect.

We are now Premiership. Before the likes of Babylon gets his sensible head on, I'm NOT advocating spending silly money. But 7 million quid, having made what we've made and will make, seems a scratch on the surface.

Doesn't it?

I don't profess to know how to run the finances of a football club col, but the way I look at it, with ffp in the championship, we were losing 34 million a year roughly, so if we spend over the odds for players, or players wages, and the worst happens and we are relegated, the players on 3 and 4 year contracts could make things hard, if they couldn't be moved on, or we end up with the likes of Gallagher, mills, beckford, who we gave away and lost on.

Out of the 100 mill last season losses will have to come out if that as well.

Like I say I don't know the workings but it's not in my opinion the case we are loaded, and can afford to throw money around.

Doesn't it?

I think it comes from being out of the Premiership for so long. Back in 03/04 we were skint so couldn't afford anyone so our last proper Premier League season for signing people was in 2001/02. Football and player prices have changed a hell of a lot since then. £7m players are probably bought now as frequently as £4m players were bought back then. So consequently it just seems strange and alien for our club to be forking out those kinds of fees when in reality it's not.

so everybody is welcoming him to the club 

forgive me if i seem a bit thick here as just got in from work 

but where is the link that says personal details have all been agreed and he has signed on the dotted line ?

.There is no link,

he hasn't signed,

they aren't meeting until next week to discus personal terms,

be very surprised if we know anything by next Friday.

but whatever happens

believe in NP & team.

I don't profess to know how to run the finances of a football club col, but the way I look at it, with ffp in the championship, we were losing 34 million a year roughly, so if we spend over the odds for players, or players wages, and the worst happens and we are relegated, the players on 3 and 4 year contracts could make things hard, if they couldn't be moved on, or we end up with the likes of Gallagher, mills, beckford, who we gave away and lost on.

Out of the 100 mill last season losses will have to come out if that as well.

Like I say I don't know the workings but it's not in my opinion the case we are loaded, and can afford to throw money around.

I get the need for caution I guess. Hull did it the right way. They waited, then spent more at the right time (Long and Jelavic). Now they are building a very tidy squad.

One more, I suspect, will about be our lot.

I know wages must play a part in the package, as well.

It just strikes me as rather odd to pay £7m for an Argentine striker from a Championship club, while at the same time, Demba Ba goes to Turkey for £4.5m.

I guess age plays a part, too (Ba is two years older than Ulloa).

The relations are all upside down in a way.

I'm sure three years ago, people would have baulked at Lambert being a premiership striker. And didn't Grant Holt score 14 goals in his first premier league season? We have a similar ethos to the Southampton and Norwich teams they played in. Just as long as the pressure doesn't get to him, he'll be fine.

Archived