Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Ulloa: Let's all be positive and welcome the new signing

Ulloa ulloa!!.. Listen carefully I will say this only once...... Deeney will score more goals for Burnley than Ulloa will for us!!!...

Troy Matthew Deeney (born 29 June 1988) is an English footballer who plays for Watford

Some decent goals in that clip. Still think we've had our pants pulled down over the fee looking at some of the summer moves.

Can't wait to see how he gets on in the PL.

If he signs for us, let's look at the price we paid in 12 months time. if we stay up it will be peanuts, if we go down he may be the one to help get us back up.

On refection NP should be allowed to make mistakes, has he really made any yet?

A top signing and my number one signing for us weeks ago when his name was mentioned. Above the likes of Wickham and Campbell.

He's scored goals wherever he's been in Spain and South America including an equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid in a league game.

Obviously he cannot be judged on one goal alone, but he has moved to England and in just over a year has scored almost a goal every two games at Brighton. Clearly he has adapted to the English culture/language/living here very quickly to be such an instant success in The Championship, as well as the style of football.

He is more than a 6 foot 3 target man, from seeing him play he also has great technical capability with the ball at his feet, and at 27 with goals aplenty in three countries he has the experience to deal with adversity if he has a slow start to Premier League life.

Today's market is inflated for strikers who you believe will score the goals to achieve the ultimate objective of the club.

Fulham are aiming to be promoted in their 1st season, and have bought in McCormack for 14 million... Considerably more than Ulloa.

McCormack's overall goals per game for Leeds is worse than Ulloa's in The Championship, and over half of McCormack's career goals for Leeds came last season when he scored 28.

So he's basically had three below average/poor seasons at Leeds until last year, and Fulham have paid that much for him hoping he gets 28 goals again and fires them straight back to the Premier League.

That's 14 million, for a man who has had one superb season and many average seasons at best and is TOTALLY UNPROVEN in the PL. He's also the same age as Ulloa, 27.

A good friend of mine is a Liverpool fan so I've watched a lot of Borini since his move there and subsequent Sunderland loan/transfer. Borini looked completely out of his depth at Liverpool in the Premier League, he's just been sold to Sunderland for 14 million after his successful loan spell. I've had a bet with that friend that Ulloa will score more for us than Borini for Sunderland next season, which is a bit optimistic but I'm a Leicester supporter after all.

Quality signing from NP and compared to some a good price. He will be chomping at the bit to succeed and I feel he will score at least 10 league goals, which would be a fine opening season return for 7-8million price tag.

Up the city!

Is he decent then ? lol

Seriously, has he actually officially signed then?

Do have faith in NP led signings though, so looking forward to seeing him play if/whe it's confirmed.

After the time and effort we put into getting him I'd like to think that the basics of his contract have already been sorted with his agent.

Hopefully just dotting the I's and crossing the t's.

£11m McCormack? No wonder clubs get priced out...

In any discussion about spiralling transfer fees, it is always the richest clubs that get the blame. Manchester City, or Chelsea, are typically held responsible for the fact that clubs in the lower leagues are crippled by an expensively hostile market.

Yet the most inflationary transfer this summer, without a doubt, is Ross McCormack’s move from Leeds United to Fulham for £11million, with the proposed sale of Fabio Borini to Sunderland from Liverpool for £14m not far behind.

These are the deals that will be quoted when Leicester City open negotiations for Troy Deeney at Watford, not the £75m paid by Barcelona for Luis Suarez. 

Relative to the Borini deal, Suarez is a snip. McCormack’s move, meanwhile, jacks up prices in domestic football, forcing clubs abroad for value as opportunities for British players decrease. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2699215/MARTIN-SAMUEL-If-Financial-Fair-Play-gift-club-owners-buy-Aston-Villa.html#ixzz383bCpXQr 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am unfortunately a City fan in exile living in Brighton. My mates have taken me to watch Brighton a few times and I hate to say this but Ullola is not worth the money. Hopefully I am proved wrong and he scores a hatful for us.

We've bid 6.5mil for Troy Deeney... I've been saying for ages we should sign him.. Looks like it could happen.. He'll score goals!... Looks like Nigel agrees!!....

Really hope this is a joke Keith !

Hope you`re right, suppose you never really know how a player will adapt to the premiership he just strikes me as a decent Championship player, have to admit though I don`t take a lot of notice other teams players when we`re playing them especially when they score goals that make me want to take my own life  :-)

Archived