Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

The lunacy or genius of QPR?

No offence but your opinion to me is about as relevant as me discussing Leicester City.

The same Loic Remy who turned Arsenal down. lol

Behave yourself, like Arsenal wanted him. He's hardly done anything for Wenger to consider him. Arsenal only go after big name players now. Not like Liverpool pal

You do need experience in the premiership and that's where King Nigel is falling shorts. Nigel is a championship manager, even his signings scream championship.

They sign Rio Ferinand and we sign Matt Upson ...

Wonderful contradiction there, Ash.

Maybe you want to go back and read those two sentences aloud to yourself again.

Of course, Pearson is a Championship manager. Whether he's Premier League quality, only the next ten months will be able to tell.

And you won't find a lot of people on here denying and/or ignoring that.

And stop referring to Leicester as "we". It's just odd hearing that coming from an irritating Arsenal fan like you.

But there's a massive difference between the two MC. Rio Ferinand or Matt Upson. West ham got rid because he had shot it. Brighton were hardly world beaters last year.

Signing Matt Upson won't even start, so hadly gonna be the experience at the back apart from a aging Konchesky.

Also we ? I'm sorry I forgot your a massive Leicester fan like soccerroo who's been to about 17 games.

lol

Okey doke.

Name your last major signing who was a big name and the top European club were battling with you to sign.

You would never get Ozil or Sanchez and you know it. Marco Reus is embarrassing aswell, I bet he's really interested in playing under the ex Watford manager and Jordan Henderson lol

Name your last major signing who was a big name and the top European club were battling with you to sign.

You would never get Ozil or Sanchez and you know it. Marco Reus is embarrassing aswell, I bet he's really interested in playing under the ex Watford manager and Jordan Henderson lol

We probably have never signed one, honestly don't think we can even class Torres as one of them or Suarez, but guess what we signed them as lesser named players than the names they created for themselves when they left, same goes for Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano. All left for a bigger price than they came in for, three have gone to the biggest two clubs in the world and the other may not have set the world alight like he did at Anfield but went on to win a Champions League, FA Cup and Europa League. 

So forgive me for not being that arsed about major signings, as an Arsenal fan you should know these major signings don't bring you major trophies, for all the major signings one trophy since 2005 is nothing to be shouting about. 

But keep dreaming. 

Morgan Schneiderlin is a huge name and MASSIVE signing. 

But there's a massive difference between the two MC. Rio Ferinand or Matt Upson. West ham got rid because he had shot it. Brighton were hardly world beaters last year.

Signing Matt Upson won't even start, so hadly gonna be the experience at the back apart from a aging Konchesky.

Also we ? I'm sorry I forgot your a massive Leicester fan like soccerroo who's been to about 17 games.

The differences between Ferdinand and Upson are:

a) The wage demands - Ferdinand edges it by a long shot mainly thanks to his pedigree at Manchester United

b) Their names

c) One year between them

d) The amount of Premier League games played

Still, laughing at the Leicester signings and claiming them to have "no Premiership experience" whatsoever is laughable. And you know that.

You just look at Ferdinand in awe and rate him higher - fair enough.

Upson has vast amount of experience at the top level and even for England, too. And he was voted Brighton's POTY last season.

That counts for something.

And sorry to break the news to you, Ash. But over the course of the years I've been following Leicester, I've been to much more than just 17 games.

Nice try, though. Keep it up.   :thumbup:

Leicester signings are hardly been amazing have they ? I'm sorry but if you consider matt upson a good signing then you're a bigger idiot then I thought. Please tell me apart from Konchesky who has played in the premiership more then 100 times ??

You think because last season was so good, it's gonna be a repeat and it's not. GTF getting a new contract sums Nigel up for me. Imagine if QPR had sign Matt Upson we'd all be laughing on here. Same with GTF.

You need abit of experience and we're lacking massively. Pearson isn't got any apart from being a number 2.

Leicester signings are hardly been amazing have they ? I'm sorry but if you consider matt upson a good signing then you're a bigger idiot then I thought. Please tell me apart from Konchesky who has played in the premiership more then 100 times ??

You think because last season was so good, it's gonna be a repeat and it's not. GTF getting a new contract sums Nigel up for me. Imagine if QPR had sign Matt Upson we'd all be laughing on here. Same with GTF.

You need abit of experience and we're lacking massively. Pearson isn't got any apart from being a number 2.

How "amazing" do signings have to be? I find it interesting that we're going for a "wholesome squad" approach and aren't chopping or changing a lot.

Keep the core squad intact and build on the progress that has been established over the course of the past two to three years.

I find that admirable and smart, too.

We can definitely take the winning spirit from last season into the new campaign. I can see the year after becoming a much harder task, however. No matter whether we end up back in the Championship again or manage to survive in the Prem.

Matt Upson is a good signing, and you don't need to be an idiot to acknowledge that. We know we can't and won't compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City or Manchester United. But we don't have to, anyway - or only up until a certain extent. The experiences of throwing silly money around hasn't worked for Leicester in the past and we've definitely learned from that.

You've been lucky supporting Arsenal - a club who - for most part - has done great business in the past twenty-odd years when it comes to transfers.

You've got to give Wenger and the staff credit for that.

This about sums up the incredulity of my being put under Mods Review for banging on about Redknapp in an 'argumentative way'.

Now there's a whole fookin thread about him and QPR!

Again, unbelievable....

Like me being banned from the LCFC section, Col. 

This about sums up the incredulity of my being put under Mods Review for banging on about Redknapp in an 'argumentative way'.

Now there's a whole fookin thread about him and QPR!

Again, unbelievable....

Unbelievable how you manage to mix up the two/manage to make it all look connected.

QPR have spent a little more time in the Prem than us in the last few years if I am not mistaken.  We should expect them to do better, and to attract some bigger names.  Harry for all his faults is a name, and he will attract players.  He has been managing at the top for a long time.  Comparing us with QPR at this point is a little silly.  The Prem has a short memory, as do the players.

Everyone's laughing at Harry for Signing Rio Ferinand and saying Nigel is too smart for that kind of signing and he knows what he's doing and Harry doesn't. If anything it's the other way round tbf.

Remind me where Redknapp finished last year.

Archived