Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

The lunacy or genius of QPR?

Winning a game worth £90 million?

Spot on pal

They still went up and got the same prize as Leicester. I'd rather win the league but how you go up, isn't really that important. Just as long you get there.

Why has nobody ever called out Hugo Sanchez's grammar? He types like a 6 year old.

Fixed it for you pal.

How does he ? Unproven Premiership manager, unproven championship striker. Hate to say this but Arry has done quite well in the Premiership before and QPR will finish way higher then us based on their signings. I'm sick of this Nige knows what he's doing. One Championship title doesn't make you some kind of football genius.

Signings don't mean everything. You need a pretty decent manager as well. Our manager, and Sean Dyche, both won automatic promotion with 50% of Redknapp's budget.

I don't think QPR's squad is better than our's.

Guest MattP

Anyone who actually watched Ferdinand last season wouldn't want him anywhere near a team.

Completely finished as a footballer.

It isn't but they can still attract better players then us, even though there alot smaller club with a pathetic fan base.

I think Rio will have maybe a year left in him, but come on ... Upson or Ferinand ??

They're signed for different reasons and will have a different role to play for their respective club.

Ferdinand is grossly overpaid and past it - whereas we will rely on Upson as a squad player who will be employed on a not so regular basis.

I can see Upson have a much better and more rewarding impact on the rest of the squad than Ferdinand.

I'd rather have a centre back that's just undergone a 40+ game season in a physical league and impressed whilst doing so than one that's become a complete sicknote and put in fairly dire shifts when he does see game time. I know they were playing at different levels and there's no doubt that Ferdinand in his pomp was a class above Upson, but in 2014? Hard to split them but I'd argue we've done the better business here, Ferdinand would make a terrific coach but I don't think he's got another Prem season in him and he'll be on wages that just aren't sustainable for a club like QPR.

Guest ttfn

Anyone who actually watched Ferdinand last season wouldn't want him anywhere near a team.

Completely finished as a footballer.

He was finished as a top class defender when Torres burned him for pace at Anfield in (I think) 2010. Absolutely tore past him, it was brutal.

QPR's defensive line is going to be so deep next season they'll be heading out crosses from row H of the Loft.

Guest ttfn

True but would you take him over Matt Upson ?

London is a pull especially West London.

Depends what the question is.

Do I think Rio Ferdinand is better than Matt Upson? Yes.

Do I think Rio Ferdinand will provide better value for money than Matt Upson? Maybe, maybe not.

Do I think Rio Ferdinand as first choice is better than Matt Upson as 4th? No chance.

Guest MattP

True but would you take him over Matt Upson ?

London is a pull especially West London.

Sorry I missed this, but as the above answer.

Ferdinand is probably better than Upson yes, however it's not really something to compare as Upson is our 4th choice CB while Ferdy will be starting next season. And that's without the comparative wages.

It's a classic 'Arry signing, an old mate on big money who'll probably spend most of the season on the sideline while 2 tonne Dunne has to fill in.

Everyone's laughing at Harry for Signing Rio Ferinand and saying Nigel is too smart for that kind of signing and he knows what he's doing and Harry doesn't. If anything it's the other way round tbf.

Whos everyone..??? Why the comparisons, its a waste of type.

He was finished as a top class defender when Torres burned him for pace at Anfield in (I think) 2010. Absolutely tore past him, it was brutal.

2009 mate, what a performance that was! 

I think this is the one you mean, anyway.. 

Also Harry took Portsmouth too the most successful period of their history. He's not in charge of the financial side and he left Portsmouth in good health. They won the F.a cup and were playing AC Milan the next season. Plus he took over the 2nd time when were bottom and kept them up.

He took a spurs team from bottom to champion league football over big spending Man City and took them to the quarter finals and finish 4th but Chelsea won the champions league ... Of course you gotta spend big to get champions league football but he spent no more then the rest

At west ham he developed Lampard, Defoe, Joe Cole and Rio ferdinand ... took them into europe aswell ...

ask Southampton fans about Harry

Blame Col

No, blame the multitude of posters who have been posting about QPR and Arry since c. last January (coinciding with Redknapp's comments and their poor run). Its been like an obsession. And its still going now! It's a good job it wasn't QPR who spent 7 mill on Ulloa. The forum would have gone into meltdown.

What I've done is to simply give the counter argument. Unlike some I wont simply write a fence-sitting post to appease the masses. I'll say it how I see it.

IMO the preoccupation with QPR and Redknapp has been nowt short of barmy.

:thumbup:

Guest MattP

No, blame the multitude of posters who have been posting about QPR and Arry since c. last January (coinciding with Redknapp's comments and their poor run). Its been like an obsession. And its still going now! It's a good job it wasn't QPR who spent 7 mill on Ulloa. The forum would have gone into meltdown.

As of 'Arry has any idea who Leonardo Ulloa is. He not an ex-player on his speed dial is he?

(In fact even if was he couldn't get him anyway given 'Arry can't use a phone or send a text)

As of 'Arry has any idea who Leonardo Ulloa is. He not an ex-player on his speed dial is he?

(In fact even if was he couldn't get him anyway given 'Arry can't use a phone or send a text)

And this, in a nutshell, makes my point..

lol

Brilliant!

Signings don't mean everything. You need a pretty decent manager as well. Our manager, and Sean Dyche, both won automatic promotion with 50% of Redknapp's budget.

I don't think QPR's squad is better than our's.

I couldn't speak for Leicester, but Sean Dyche didn't have 50% of Redknapp's budget or anywhere near.  More like 20%.  QPR generally, Hughes as well as Redknapp, have wasted frightening amounts of money.  That Brazilian goalkeeper, Cesar, was on about £5m per year to play in canada, and I bet QPR were paying most of it.

QPR's squad wasn't and isn't better than either of ours.  That's why they finished so far behind, and that's why when Austin went down injured they were nearer relegation form than promotion form - billions of players and no squad.

Archived