Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Sol Bamba

It's funny how when Bamba was here and playing week in, week out there were never any threads on this board highlighting the mistakes he was supposedly consistently making or people calling for him to be dropped.

Why?

Because Bamba was actually a consistently good performer for us and didn't make these mistakes that people claim. If anyone can pull out three videos of goals that Bamba was directly responsible for then I'd be amazed. But even then, defenders make mistakes and from last season you could probably pull out three mistakes that Moore made.

Bamba seems to have this strange stigma attached to him where because someone described him as a bomb scare before he'd even played for us, and because he could play a bit so would do so rather than being a Wayne Brown type defender, people think he's a liability.

In the face of top class performances for us, several international managers capping him at international level and him playing in the Turkish Premier League people still question his ability.

He wouldn't be my first choice for us to sign but he certainly wouldn't be the disaster people claim.

Guest MattP

It's funny how when Bamba was here and playing week in, week out there were never any threads on this board highlighting the mistakes he was supposedly consistently making or people calling for him to be dropped.

Why?

Because Bamba was actually a consistently good performer for us and didn't make these mistakes that people claim. If anyone can pull out three videos of goals that Bamba was directly responsible for then I'd be amazed. But even then, defenders make mistakes and from last season you could probably pull out three mistakes that Moore made.

Bamba seems to have this strange stigma attached to him where because someone described him as a bomb scare before he'd even played for us, and because he could play a bit so would do so rather than being a Wayne Brown type defender, people think he's a liability.

In the face of top class performances for us, several international managers capping him at international level and him playing in the Turkish Premier League people still question his ability.

He wouldn't be my first choice for us to sign but he certainly wouldn't be the disaster people claim.

I remember a few people consistently stating we could never have a stable consistent defence with him in it and thankfuly Mr Pearson also seemed to take the exact same opinion. There was also huge clamour for him to play in centre midfielder which shows people weren't completely happy with his defending.

One season in Turkey and released on a free after it, is that really a defence of his ability?

As has been stated before as well, often he wasn't even in the picture when we conceded goals.

Why?

Ahem

http://youtu.be/nT86shFg1Ug?t=1m13s

Why?

The bloke was out of position a ridiculous amount and yes there were people questioning him. He looked raw with flashes of brilliance, but he never improved.

He had a fancy song so some people seemed happy to overlook his faults because he was "exciting" (not always in the right sort of way), but the faults were there. Just as they were there with Mills and Peltier and people were still singing the praises of those two long after they were gone despite them being shit.

There is a very good reason Pearson got rid.

Why?

:nigel: :nigel: :nigel:

He's a defender than kids loved because he scored goals.

The problem is, people who know football worried and rightly so.

He's a centre back that has 0% concentration, 100% confidence, 0% tactical awareness with 100% bravery. The worst combination ever.

I highly doubt Pearson would bring him in unless he's planning on sticking him upfront as backup for if Wood and Ulloa are injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived