Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Sol Bamba

Guest MattP

Shocking player. You can easily spot an idiot on Foxestalk when they suggest 'Bamba as a holding midfielder'

Anyone who suggests it should be laughed at after the two games we tried him there, it showed the difference between just how hard it is to pass from centre half when you have all the time in the World to centre Mid where you have to pick up the ball often with your back to play, create some space with a first touch and then spot a pass straight after, he couldn't do one of the three let alone put it together when he played there at Peterborough.

It was beyond a joke. If he ever came back we'd turn yet again into a defensive shambles capable of losing 3-0 at home to Millwall on any given Saturday.

Indeed. But without a fee as a squad player he would be decent back up at centre back.

He would be fifth choice and we don't need that, he's just been booted out of a average Turkish club so a Premier League club isn't going to want him.

There is a big reason why he has spent his whole career in poor to average levels of football. He was an absolute joke in the World Cup.

His problem wasn't his dribbling, it was his positioning. He's shocking at it. It cost us too many goals.

He was amazing on his day but just not good enough often enough.

True, but I wonder whether having more quality and desire going forward so he actually has options to play it to rather than feeling the need to do it all himself might correct that somewhat - as I remember he was often out of position because he tried to do too much himself, with the likes of Drinkwater and Knockaert ahead of him instead of the likes of Wellens and Gallagher, he might fair better.

Can't help but think he wouldn't want to come back and be sitting on the bench as wouldn't choose him over Morgan, Moore and Wasyl.

I would play him for about 90 secs against Man City though and take him off so we don't have to sit the next 88 mins with our hearts in our mouths lol

Pearson likes organisation and discipline in his back line so can't see how he'd fit in but always thought he'd be a good defensive midfielder... Could that solve our problem? Obviously not a first choice though lol

Guest MattP

True, but I wonder whether having more quality and desire going forward so he actually has options to play it to rather than feeling the need to do it all himself might correct that somewhat - as I remember he was often out of position because he tried to do too much himself, with the likes of Drinkwater and Knockaert ahead of him instead of the likes of Wellens and Gallagher, he might fair better.

He had Yaya Toure in front of him at the World Cup and still managed to pull off looking like a comical buffoon of a footballer.

His problem wasn't his dribbling, it was his positioning. He's shocking at it. It cost us too many goals.

He was amazing on his day but just not good enough often enough.

And at times he seemed to just forget he was on a football pitch.

Good technical and physical ability to but decision making, positioning and concentration was shit.

His mind wanders due to the relative ease of the games he played in. He loses focus and drifts off. Thrown in against a top premier league team he would be focused the full time and thus not start to lose track of what he should be doing.

Guest MattP

His mind wanders due to the relative ease of the games he played in. He loses focus and drifts off. Thrown in against a top premier league team he would be focused the full time and thus not start to lose track of what he should be doing.

What's his excuse for his performances in the World Cup then?

lol

Please tell me you're joking. This is the silliest thing I've read on here in a long time.

I love that after all these years, it still manages to be all Wellens and Gallagher's fault.

lol

Please tell me you're joking. This is the silliest thing I've read on here in a long time.

I love that after all these years, it still manages to be all Wellens and Gallagher's fault.

No - with better players in front of him, he might not start thinking he needs to be the bastard child of Beckenbaur and Maradona on performance enhancing drugs. If he could stick to his position he'd be a decent enough defender at this level (let's be honest, if Bruce and Delaney can manage it, it can't be too hard), the question is why he can't just stick to his position, and I reckon it was frustration at the listless crap that was in front of him when he was here.

It'll be nice to see Sol back but I dunno he could be clumsy at times, I remember at times Nigel use try him in a defensive midfield position and that kinda worked he looked decent there.

He played there about three times and then got dropped as he was that bad. :nigel:

Decent across the ground, good in the air, excellent tackler, good with the ball at his feet.

He has all he attributes to be an excellent centre back in the premier league.

:fishing:

As Steven says, I very much hope you are being sarcastic ImBlue, however if you aren't I think Jamie Vardy's signing on party could have been a wonderful experience but has now led to some severe cases of hallucinations...

WHAT GOOD ATTRIBUTES?

his chant

I do love the chant... but actual playing ability.

As much as we all like Sol and his endeavour (which compiles most of his cult-hero status), he isn't that good.

The role of novelty footballer has already been filled with GTF and the bonus being, he can actually play a bit.

Archived