Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Sol Bamba

Guest MattP

I wouldn't take him if you paid me, looked awful half the time in the Championship and was even torn apart by Greece on occasions in the World Cup, never a PL player in a million years.

Don't get why people are dissing him.

He was a monster for us. That shit about him being a liability is exactly that. I don't recall him being punished for individual errors. As in, we didn't concede goals because of him. Only reason he ever ventured forward was because we had no creativity in midfield. Very much in the Rio Ferdinand mould than the John Terry mould. I recall him having Ronaldo in his pocket when we played Real Madrid.

We don't need him now and it would be a strange signing, but he is far from shit and I imagine the main reason Pearson got rid was because of the wages rather than his ability.

Show some respect as he did nothing wrong in a City shirt.

He was a monster for us. That shit about him being a liability is exactly that. I don't recall him being punished for individual errors. As in, we didn't concede goals because of him. Only reason he ever ventured forward was because we had no creativity in midfield. Very much in the Rio Ferdinand mould than the John Terry mould. I recall him having Ronaldo in his pocket when we played Real Madrid.

We don't need him now and it would be a strange signing, but he is far from shit and I imagine the main reason Pearson got rid was because of the wages rather than his ability.

The first rule of Foxes Talk, don't post on Foxes Talk while drunk.

I agree, some of the criticism he gets is unjust.

Can't understand why Pearson would be interested in a player he couldn't wait to get rid of in the past...

Seems to me like lazy journalism, given we were his previous club and the fans loved him 

I personally don't rate his defensive qualities, think he was just too much of a liability and that's something we can't afford this season

Sol, as everyone is saying, would be a liability as a central defender. When he was with us before, we should have played him as a defensive midfielder. I still think he could be a low cost option if Esteban does not join us. He could be useful in a 4-1-4-1 formation, and as a back up central defender after Wes, Was, Liam, Rod and Matthew.

Going forward from the back he was awesome and the fans loved him doing that. He was also excellent tackling in the middle of the park, but caught out of position too much in the back four. Good option for set pieces as well. 

Sol, as everyone is saying, would be a liability as a central defender. When he was with us before, we should have played him as a defensive midfielder. I still think he could be a low cost option if Esteban does not join us. He could be useful in a 4-1-4-1 formation, and as a back up central defender after Wes, Was, Liam, Rod and Matthew.

Going forward from the back he was awesome and the fans loved him doing that. He was also excellent tackling in the middle of the park, but caught out of position too much in the back four. Good option for set pieces as well. 

We did play him as a defensive midfielder.  He was a liability there because he can't pass accurately.

Can't understand why Pearson would be interested in a player he couldn't wait to get rid of in the past...

Seems to me like lazy journalism, given we were his previous club and the fans loved him 

I personally don't rate his defensive qualities, think he was just too much of a liability and that's something we can't afford this season

I dont think it was due to him not being able to wait to get rid of him for his footballing ability, but more to do with wanting to get rid of anyone that had Svens generous wages that threatening the future of the club with the propect of FFP.

And while there were some serious doubts about his suitability as part of a defensive back four, he did have some other qualities that could cause some teams some real dificulties and be a match winner if used in the right position.

Plus I am sure that Pearson also knows him as a character and whether he would fit into the team whilst also being prepared to spend a lot of his time on the bench and maybe only coming on when we need something a bit different (or very different). As far as I remember he always used to play with a smile on his face and seemed a popular with the rest of the players, sometimes how players fit into the dressing room when they are not playing might be just as important as when they are. 

Archived