Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

The old facebook page was taken down. Bloody premier league complaining about a Vardy goal video! Shame as it had 3k likes and hundreds of photo memories.

If anyone wants to keep up with the latest goings on or help sorting a trip over to Germany the new facebook is -

https://www.facebook.com/LeicesterAndBochum

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nearing the 15 year anniversary.

Bochum guys over in Leicester soon to see us play Fulham and Tottenham which is the game closest to the anniversary.

Groups of Leicester fans going the other way in the next few weeks for home matches against Hertha Berlin, Freiburg and Schalke. Away trips to Koln and Werder Bremen also.

If anyone wants use of our groups season tickets over there like a few from here are, please do shout. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 16:47, SemperEadem said:

Bochum guys over in Leicester soon to see us play Fulham and Tottenham which is the game closest to the anniversary.

Groups of Leicester fans going the other way in the next few weeks for home matches against Hertha Berlin, Freiburg and Schalke. Away trips to Koln and Werder Bremen also.

If anyone wants use of our groups season tickets over there like a few from here are, please do shout. 

They are getting good use, from mid Feb time there are 5 games in a row with Leicester fans over there.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

15 year anniversary will be marked this side at next weekends game and over in Germany at the home game against Freiburg. 

Out of interest. What else does this friendship/partnership bring, except for going to each other’s games? I’ve always been aware of it, but never understood how it was started and what else it entailed.

Just now, westernpark said:

Out of interest. What else does this friendship/partnership bring, except for going to each other’s games? I’ve always been aware of it, but never understood how it was started and what else it entailed.

So lads have tattoos from it, been over to weddings, funerals, had birthdays abroad  together etc.

Example on my last trip before getting on the booze too much a few guys visited the grave of a really good mate who passed away a year or so a go. Lots of fundraising was done on both sides for his widow and daughter. 
Lads on their first trip were during this taken to see some sights of Bochum before us meeting back at a pub and digs.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

So lads have tattoos from it, been over to weddings, funerals, had birthdays abroad  together etc.

Example on my last trip before getting on the booze too much a few guys visited the grave of a really good mate who passed away a year or so a go. Lots of fundraising was done on both sides for his widow and daughter. 
Lads on their first trip were during this taken to see some sights of Bochum before us meeting back at a pub and digs.

Ah right so it’s a proper friendship then. Didn’t know if fans exchanged ideas and so on about improving atmosphere, dealing with clubs etc. Albeit I know it’s a completely different situation over here and over there.

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Ah right so it’s a proper friendship then. Didn’t know if fans exchanged ideas and so on about improving atmosphere, dealing with clubs etc. Albeit I know it’s a completely different situation over here and over there.

Yeah that of course does crop up. From what I understand their club appears to dialogue with the fans far more that us. Be loads of reasons for this but ultimately they ‘own’ the club, they need the match going fan far more and a lot of local staff so ear very much to the ground.

A good mate is involved in Ultras Bochum and he very much says the singing section needs a capo (a singer raised higher and possibly with a megaphone). 
But others who are not involved in that scene do understand that would be hugely alien here.

Bochum have offered Leicester a friendly twice. The fixture a few years back against Gladbach was the closest it got but Leicester wanted a div 1 team at the time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, westernpark said:

Yeah I'm not part of UFS or wouldn't say I'm particularly interested in the Bochum thing as such. But I've met a couple of the lads in Brugge and Porto and stayed in touch via social media etc with a couple. 

They always lay reafs etc on remembrance Sundays on behalf of both clubs.

At somepoint I'd definitely like to at least get a game in just to see what it's all about.

But there's definitely been some solid friendships been created between individuals over the years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 16:47, SemperEadem said:

Latest lot of trips from our side include 9 lads doing Gladbach away, a lad who went last month is going back again this time with a mate to the derby against Dortmund and a guy going for his first time against RB in a few weeks.

This way Bochum guys will be at the Wolves home game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...