Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

• 11 months later...

What a difference a year can make. 
Flights were cancelled and trips pulled. Just like with things here seeing friends has had to be on on hold. 

Since the start of game being played behind closed doors Bochum have been a revelation. Shooting up from near relegation to a top six spot last season. Again starting this season in similar hot form.

This form and finally whispers of promotion have led to plenty of messages come from Leicester fans inquiring about what the crack is over there and wanting to get a game in post covid.

In one single trip the most that left LE2 was around 35. We would love to travel in these sort of strong numbers again and are looking to run a big trip as soon as safe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Flights were cancelled and trips pulled. Just like with things here seeing friends has had to be on on hold. 

Since the start of game being played behind closed doors Bochum have been a revelation. Shooting up from near relegation to a top six spot last season. Again starting this season in similar hot form.

This form and finally whispers of promotion have led to plenty of messages come from Leicester fans inquiring about what the crack is over there and wanting to get a game in post covid.

In one single trip the most that left LE2 was around 35. We would love to travel in these sort of strong numbers again and are looking to run a big trip as soon as safe.

Is Bella-Kotchap doing the business yet for them?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is Bella-Kotchap doing the business yet for them?

Yeah doing really well partnered with another young talent Maxim Leitsch.

ABK looked set to be off to Crystal Palace and could not get into the team due to others form. Once he was in he has flown. Looks a proper prospect.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I loved it when I went over. Was 26 of us on my stag do. Not all Leicester fans but were made to feel at home on the terraces. 

A few of us are looking to go back. We were hoping towards the end of this season but not sure how likely this will be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

I loved it when I went over. Was 26 of us on my stag do. Not all Leicester fans but were made to feel at home on the terraces. 

A few of us are looking to go back. We were hoping towards the end of this season but not sure how likely this will be. 

Likewise mate but doesn't look too great currently does it.

Next season with Schalke looking to come down that would be a cracking derby. Or the other way really and if Bochum do get up it's pretty much week after week belting possible trips.

Edited by SemperEadem

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah doing really well partnered with another young talent Maxim Leitsch.

ABK looked set to be off to Crystal Palace and could not get into the team due to others form. Once he was in he has flown. Looks a proper prospect.

One for us to keep an eye on, could be a Soyuncu/Fofana replacement if they go to one of the mega clubs in the next couple of years. 

• 5 weeks later...

Absolutely brilliant and still growing, even when we can't get to each other's games. Nine years since my first personal visit now.

Can't wait for the next trip over (whenever that may be) and to show more from Leicester a top time over there. The lads in Bochum really are some of the best folks you could ever wish to meet.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Their away game on Friday is against Aue - only 100 miles from Prague. Now I'm even more depressed about the fact we're not able to do tomorrow - would've been some 24 hours seeing both teams!

Managed to watch us and Bochum within the same weekend before (them Friday, us Sunday) but never done consecutive days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/03/2021 at 22:04, BenTheFox said:

Top of 2. Bundesliga with 11 games remaining. The next 4 games are against the rest of the top 5 so it really is make or break. Get through those relatively unscathed and they have a real chance of going up to the Bundesliga. 

6 points clear with 4 games left! (Although Furth do have a game in hand)

4 teams left to play are pretty poor as well (11th, 14th, 13th, 16th) so barring a collapse they should be pretty good to go up!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

6 points clear with 4 games left! (Although Furth do have a game in hand)

4 teams left to play are pretty poor as well (11th, 14th, 13th, 16th) so barring a collapse they should be pretty good to go up!

If there's one thing they know how to do though, it's that... :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delighted for the lads, first time in 13 years of the friendship that both sides have been in the top division at the same time. Trips next year will be unreal, Dortmund away will be tasty, and I will be doing my best to see Frankfurt at the Ruhrstadion as well, the best fans in Germany imo. 

Would wholeheartedly recommend a trip to anyone, you'll be welcomed with open arms if you're a Leicester fan even if you just go to the ground in a city scarf/shirt. 

• Like 3