Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndWhat?

Leicester City and VfL Bochum - Blue and White Friendship

Very interesting concept, being a 50 year old abit out the normal regarding fans friendship.

BUT sounds great and at the end of the day we all love the sport and the last couple of years has proved without the fans it's nothing.

Good luck with it all

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Raj said:

Very interesting concept, being a 50 year old abit out the normal regarding fans friendship.

BUT sounds great and at the end of the day we all love the sport and the last couple of years has proved without the fans it's nothing.

Good luck with it all

We've had blokes in their fifties (and older!) come over to Germany with us and they've loved every minute of their time there. You're treated like royalty the second they find out you're Leicester.

So delighted about the promotion for the mates I've got over there. It's going to be more difficult to get tickets for people over here now, but hopefully the standard of football on offer (the gulf in quality between their top two leagues is bigger than ours, for me) will entice a few more to get involved. Bundesliga kick-off times being much better than second division ones helps too!

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 11:46, SemperEadem said:

A little banner for the guys over there. After 11 years they are back in the top flight.

74BEFE72-9FF6-41AA-BBED-74589A378644.jpeg

This wen't down a storm with Bochum fans.

Also really great to read some comments on the facebook from lads on our side of things talking about wanting to go over there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

This wen't down a storm with Bochum fans.

Also really great to read some comments on the facebook from lads on our side of things talking about wanting to go over there.

Just had to google translate that first word, was that banner held up here?

How does the language barrier go? I know Europeans speak English far better than we learn other languages, in fact as a country we are quite ignorant to all the countries close by, in learning. I'm too old and a tea totaller now so I'd stick out like a sore thumb but it sounds a great weekend away. Fair play to all that make the crossing on either side.

9 minutes ago, promised land said:

How does the language barrier go? I know Europeans speak English far better than we learn other languages, in fact as a country we are quite ignorant to all the countries close by, in learning. I'm too old and a tea totaller now so I'd stick out like a sore thumb but it sounds a great weekend away. Fair play to all that make the crossing on either side.

Yeah was done by our lot and help up near Brauny Gate.

Can honestly say as Voll has alluded to above you really would not stick out being old or what not. A huge mix bag have travelled and it now is much more than Union FS guys in their 20’s & 30’s going over. Young and old with blokes going with their Dad’s etc.

German’s to a man speak fantastic English and it does put us to shame really on that front. Same as anywhere if you try a little it goes a long way.

2 hours ago, promised land said:

You'll never be too old mate and you don't have to drink yourself to death either to have an amazing time. In fact I've cut down on the booze about 80% so my next trip will be different. At least I'll get to remember it as that hasn't always been.the case:D

• Like 1

Was planning on going either back end of the 19/20 season or start of this season last year, but obviously the pandemic but a stop to that. Any of the FS lads have any idea when it’s likely Germany will be ready to have fans back in the stadium? 

32 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Was planning on going either back end of the 19/20 season or start of this season last year, but obviously the pandemic but a stop to that. Any of the FS lads have any idea when it’s likely Germany will be ready to have fans back in the stadium? 

Just asked a few guys and they think October time for a full stadium.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bochum are selling an esports shirt inspired by their classic 90s rainbow designs, tempted to buy one!

edit: If anyone else in the UK is interested in buying one, send me a PM - I could order some in bulk to lessen the burden of international shipping costs.

AVvXsEgc29o3FBDZK53uY26YRRgE62wubkC_p9uICRf7-p7K8U9YFs-DlHEShjvYMWwgXmdgYCZD9PjLyLd9nYc-6YWvDEdGJDnLR2JazsMS_0y5fqoOk2p_Ko1UZygKm5e6wA8lQQKkrTrm7U2z9Gqhv9titUcdP7K3GU_LQi5vjflu9sr4EX4Cp_xeXzZFrw=s0

https://shop.eventimsports.com/vflbochum1848/esports-trikot-21-22.html

Edited by lfu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Providing the weather has not stopped them getting there believe some guys are going over from the Leicester side to the game vs Freiburg today.

Fingers crossed any possible imminent German lockdown doesn’t stop the plans for the lads who are going over for the Derby next month vs Dortmund. Seriously jealous of that one. Will be a hate filled fixture.

I know of a Bochum fan who booked on for the Liverpool league game whilst in the away end on the terrace at Leverkusen last weekend after chatting to some others who are flying over for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Providing the weather has not stopped them getting there believe some guys are going over from the Leicester side to the game vs Freiburg today.

Fingers crossed any possible imminent German lockdown doesn’t stop the plans for the lads who are going over for the Derby next month vs Dortmund. Seriously jealous of that one. Will be a hate filled fixture.

I know of a Bochum fan who booked on for the Liverpool league game whilst in the away end on the terrace at Leverkusen last weekend after chatting to some others who are flying over for it.

Boris probably just ended the chance of the Christmas trip for them.

I was sent my Membership card today. That enables me to vote on issues concerning the club as part of the German 50+1 rule. The issue is they sent mine to my friend's and my friend's to mine. It's not really an issue but it's nice to see that it's not just Leicester's ticket office that do things like that. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A452EB25-3AA1-4220-8235-9456B7421FA3.jpeg.dc34334ed6fed14ea58e3db3a1bc658f.jpeg

Marcel, “Mac” to almost everybody, was a friend of mine and a group of other Leicester fans that have forged a strong friendship with VfL Bochum fans in Germany. He’d visited Leicester on multiple occasions and managed some away trips too, including Brugge ticketless, Liverpool away on our minibus and others too. 

Mac was such a warm, infectious character - genuinely, he was always smiling, laughing & joking. He had time for absolutely everyone but did his utmost for us City fans. He’d always offer to pick Bochum-bound Leicester fans up from the airport, offer you some homemade Mexikanas and buy you a drink. A truly kind soul.

Over the years many of us have shared great moments, goals, laughter, currywurst and lots of Fiege with Mac.
Tragically, Mac passed away after being hospitalised when hit by a car on Saturday night following the Bochum game.

Devastatingly, Marcel recently married and had his first child, a daughter, 18 months ago. He’ll leave an indelible presence with his young family.

Bochum and Leicester fans have created a fundraiser to support his family in this difficult time, if you could spare anything, the price of a pint or something more, myself, Mac’s friends and family would be incredibly grateful. The link to fundraiser is below.

Rest in peace Mac, you’ll be missed deeply.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/in-memory-of-mac/backers?fbclid=IwAR3Hx7SQ8r9Ghf2JuSpas0Orzn2fB31QfXl3stnbzJtC2erYOofDS1t2OCo#start

• Sad 13