Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Des.

The FoxesTalk Invitational Trophy - Rise of the Obscurities

Damn I missed mine too. Having watched it back I'm very pleased with the result against a strong Lyon team led by one of the finest managers and gentlemen in the game in the imperious Bert.  We all know how skillful Lyon are, and they hardly let us touch the ball in the first, so had to rely on our counter attacking ability to pose any threat. To be fair to the lads they managed that very well, getting about as many genuine opportunities as our opponents during the half. That said, our lack of control in the match was unacceptable and my players clearly felt that too - their second half performance showed everyone that we too can be a dominant force.  Our defensive organisation really impressed me - it's not often a team can say they limited Lyon to 5 shots all match at the Stade Gerland and I'm sure our fans will be partying for many nights after this result.  But for myself and the players the hard work recommences immediately - we have another match to look forward to now, so we have to make sure we're fully prepared, it's what the fans deserve after the wonderful backing they give us. so I want their beloved Thrylos to thrill the world and win this whole tournament!

After a performance like that obviously I don't feel the need to change things around too much, however I think it's pretty clear that Affellay's impact last night fully merits inclusion in the starting XI ahead of Dossevi. Saviola disappointed me - too many times last night did he waste a golden opportunity to at least make the keeper work.  He'll stay in the team for now but I expect a marked improvement on last night if he wants to remain there permanently.

Archived