Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Danny Simpson

Can we stop sucking each others wang here and talk about what this page was opened for, Danny Simpson, was a decent premier league RB and i was actually surprised when he went to the championship, RDL will need cover/competition so perfect signing.

I've read the article mate. A two year extension, I believe, will mean little if Redknapp doesn't turn them around. Whatever the seemingly good r/ship is between Fernandes and Arry, it will turn sour if they continue losing. Whether they will, or not, is anyones guess.

Can we stop sucking each others wang here and talk about what this page was opened for, Danny Simpson, was a decent premier league RB and i was actually surprised when he went to the championship, RDL will need cover/competition so perfect signing.

I've said twice Howard... I'd be well happy to see Simpson at Leicester. I think  RDL needs some competition for his place.

I've said twice Howard... I'd be well happy to see Simpson at Leicester. I think  RDL needs some competition for his place.

Thankyou, nice to be back on track now, Personally i saw little flashes last season of what scares RDL and its tricky feet, when we played shelf weds Antonio tore him a new one on the flank, cutting on the inside then out, leaves RDL looking like bambis mum, on the floor, we need someone a bit smarter, but leaving out RDL you lose pace down that wing

i think I've heard it just one too many times buzz, so I apologise if I was a little OTT. Regarding Redknapp and the QPR situation, I think I posted about a week ago, I reckon Arry is on borrowed time. Another couple of straight defeats, especially if they don't score any goals, and he could well be gone.

And quite rightly so. With the time he has now had and the money they have now spent, he has no excuses if his team don't start to get up the table.

Col I'm not looking to instigate an argument here, but I really don't understand how you can go from calling him a success at the end of last season to think his dismissal would be reasonable if he loses two more games in a row. So four league games after you were talking up his 'success' last season. Surely if you think he did well last year, then you must have worked out from the Pearson situation, that a manager has to be given more than a handful of games to make their mark. Don't back track just because the overwhelming opinion (and my own) is that he's massively overrated. If you think he did well last year, I don't understand how you could possibly think he only deserves four games to prove himself this season.

Yes. That's exactly what I was thinking. U can't see RDL being dropped, and I remember when we signed him he said he was comfortable at left back.

I remember him saying that, too. I was starting to think I imagined it, since it never gets mentioned anymore.

A lot of people wanted us to get a utility/versatile defender, but I think we've already got one. When he signed, De Laet did say he could play anywhere along the defence, although he prefers right-back. I'm pretty sure Wolves wanted to sign him as a left-back before we got him, and I seem to remember he played centre-half for Norwich in the PL, also. I'm sure Morgan and Moore won't be losing any sleep about losing their places to Richie, but he's still an option there if we get caught short. Getting another right-back means RDL can be considered an option at left-back should we need him there, as well.

I hope this happens. It adds competition for places and completes the defence. I'll admit I don't know too much about him, but if it's true that he's better defensively than going forward, then it's what we want - DS for trickier matches and RDL when we're going for the throat.

No problem buzz..

However, I've been a City fan for 38 years mate, man and boy. And yes, I've defended Redknapp over the past few months, usually on the back of a post that I think is pretty daft. But would you like it if you were accused of being a fan of another team? Think about it.. I've been a City season ticket holder (this time round) for the past ten years. It aint nice to be told, many times, that you support another team is it?

Anyway, enough of that, your Gif tells me youre a good lad....

:thumbup:

No problem Col, again I apologise for starting it off.

Regarding Redknapp I agree but it's the case when a team starts heading into a losing streak. More and more pressure on his shoulders after every game especially when there not only losing but failing to find the net. With them playing at home against Sunderland tomorrow, which is such a crucial game for them, I can't see them getting a win against them either.

Anyway back to Simpson. We've agreed a fee with QPR then? Anybody know how much?

Football Forum Friend

Col I'm not looking to instigate an argument here, but I really don't understand how you can go from calling him a success at the end of last season to think his dismissal would be reasonable if he loses two more games in a row. So four league games after you were talking up his 'success' last season. Surely if you think he did well last year, then you must have worked out from the Pearson situation, that a manager has to be given more than a handful of games to make their mark. Don't back track just because the overwhelming opinion (and my own) is that he's massively overrated. If you think he did well last year, I don't understand how you could possibly think he only deserves four games to prove himself this season.

Im not saying he only deserves four games. And I'm certainly not back-tracking. I'm saying i believe if QPR lose their next two matches, given the time that he would have had at the club (now quite some time) and the money he has spent this time round, his position will become increasingly untenable. Especially, I would suggest, in the eyes of the QPR fans, many of whom, we know, are not too fond of him anyway. I think their patience will run very thin and we all know the pressure this can put onto a Chairman.

I think he did do well last season. That's my opinion, one that I've stuck to. Many don't agree, but hey, thats a football forum. But last season is finished. No longer can Redknapp make the excuse of it not being his squad, they are full of misfits etc etc. It's now his own team and if they don't start performing soon, he'll be in trouble IMO.

To come back to Simpson, I'm surprised QPR want to sell him. I rate him and think he's exactly the type of player we need, in the position we need. I've also made it clear, I think defensively our right side is weaker than our left.

He's a good footballer who gives a shit about the other stuff. Pearson wouldn't be in for him if he didn't want him

Until it is confirmed we have no idea whether or not pearson wants him.

I trust his judgement far greater than anyone else. I am also not saying we shouldn't sign him, but would just be surprised as he isn't the usual pearson type.

I trust his judgement far greater than anyone else. I am also not saying we shouldn't sign him, but would just be surprised as he isn't the usual pearson type.

What is the 'usual Pearson type'? Its a phrase that's banded about so often but means what exactly? I've even found myself using the phrase 'Not a Pearson type player', then thought afterwards, 'eh'?

Is Cambiasso a 'Pearson type player'?

And if Simpson isn't, why not?

I'd say the fact that we have made a bid tells me Pearson wants him.....

What is the 'usual Pearson type'? Its a phrase that's banded about so often but means what exactly? I've even found myself using the phrase 'Not a Pearson type player', then thought afterwards, 'eh'?

Is Cambiasso a 'Pearson type player'?

And if Simpson isn't, why not?

Situations like this lead me to believe he isn't a np type player....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2554575/Tulisas-ex-boyfriend-QPR-star-Danny-Simpson-arrested-iron-bar-attack-man-iPhone-vanished-night-out.html.

Cambiasso, whilst being on a significantly higher wage than a lot of 'pearson players'. Has two key 'Pearson signing' attributes, experience and loyalty.

Archived