Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Danny Simpson

So what would you rather do, sign nobody?

Are we desperate for cover, yes of course we are there are only days left.

Does that mean he's not been thought about or scouted properly, no it doesn't.

Redknapp wouldn't let him go if he was good enough... Is this the same bloke who didn't rate Bale and wanted to flog him off for a couple of million?

Yeah and to Forest of all teams!!!!

Can you back up that defamatory remark with fact?

He's no angel but no sign of GBH:

He is accused of confronting the man outside his Manchester home after he suspected him of stealing his mobile in a nightclub

Tulisa's footballer ex Danny Simpson has been arrested over claims he was involved in an iron bar attack on a man he believed took his phone.

The QPR star, 27, is alleged to have attacked the 34-year-old man he suspected of stealing his mobile in a nightclub.

Police suspect he used a tracker device before driving to a property in Manchester where he is accused of confronting a man outside his home.

A passing police officer came across the incident and the defender was arrested on suspicion of GBH.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “Officers attended and discovered a 34-year-old man with head injuries. He was taken to hospital.

“A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of S18 assault and bailed pending further enquiries.”

A spokesman for Danny Simpson was reported as saying last night he denies any wrongdoing and will vigorously protest his innocence.

A QPR spokesman declined to comment.

The former Manchester United and Newcastle player split from N-Dubz singer Tulisa in May.

Can you back up that defamatory remark with fact?

He's no angel but no sign of GBH:

SSN just said we're interested in QPR's Traore as well as Simpson

Edit - beat me to it Litster lol

Haha, must of been seconds in it!

I'm not sure we need Traore.. Konch is very experienced and if necessary, we know schlupp can play there without any major problems.

I'd take simpson though, he may have a few problems off the field in recent years but I remember when he was at Newcastle i kept thinking if he continues his development he could come into contention for a spot in the England squad.

Let's get Simpson signed and hope he knuckles down... Traore I'm not fussed on!

Good signing. He'll be first choice, make no mistake about that. The guy is a model pro, Manchester United educated, more Premier League experience than the rest of our squad combined, is at his peak and is being let go because he doesn't fit this ridiculous new system Harry's playing, not because he's shit.

But...well. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's been branded already as having a bad attitude because he looks a little like DJ Campbell or Jermaine Beckford. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not. This forum is mental.

Any ideas on the fee gents? £2m-£3m would be my guess.

I'd be happy with Simpson, he would provide a good challenge for RDL's place.

Isn't it sad that players of Danny Simpson limited ability can command a fee of £2-£3 million, when you consider you could buy a decent house / Ferrari for that and still get change. 

Not poo, pooing the signing, its just a further sign of how mad football has become. Recession, what recession?

Far from it of course we need cover, but we have needed cover since we raised the Championship trophy which seems a hell of a long time ago now. My point you seem to be missing (ignoring?) is about desperation.

We have gone from business done early to 3 days before deadline day which is why in my view (which the last time I checked I am allowed to have) smacks of desperation.

We could have made enquiries about him in June but were told to come back when we've signed a replacement. There's so many different possible scenarios  relating to transfers especially those that require a fee that it's impossible to even guess what the situation could be.

Isn't it sad that players of Danny Simpson limited ability can command a fee of £2-£3 million, when you consider you could buy a decent house / Ferrari for that and still get change. 

Not poo, pooing the signing, its just a further sign of how mad football has become. Recession, what recession?

Well certainly a nice apartment anyway.

Sky sports news just said that we're in for Simpson AND Traore ... Hmmm.

I don't think Traore is any better than what we already have. I'm surprised we've enquired about him.

surely we're not going to have three LB's on our books are we?

unless Schlupp is changing positions again and is now seen as a winger.

He is accused of confronting the man outside his Manchester home after he suspected him of stealing his mobile in a nightclub

Tulisa's footballer ex Danny Simpson has been arrested over claims he was involved in an iron bar attack on a man he believed took his phone.

The QPR star, 27, is alleged to have attacked the 34-year-old man he suspected of stealing his mobile in a nightclub.

Police suspect he used a tracker device before driving to a property in Manchester where he is accused of confronting a man outside his home.

A passing police officer came across the incident and the defender was arrested on suspicion of GBH.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “Officers attended and discovered a 34-year-old man with head injuries. He was taken to hospital.

“A 27-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of S18 assault and bailed pending further enquiries.”

A spokesman for Danny Simpson was reported as saying last night he denies any wrongdoing and will vigorously protest his innocence.

A QPR spokesman declined to comment.

The former Manchester United and Newcastle player split from N-Dubz singer Tulisa in May.

Must have been some interesting videos on that phone!  :ph34r:

I don't think Traore is any better than what we already have. I'm surprised we've enquired about him.

surely we're not going to have three LB's on our books are we?

unless Schlupp is changing positions again and is now seen as a winger.

Traore can also play as a winger.

Please stop forming negative opinions using guess work.

That's the most unreasonable request I've ever heard on Foxes Talk.  lol

In fact, I heard that it is going to be renamed "Negative Opinions & Guesswork Talk"...

Oh, and please stop staring at me in that intimidating manner. You could also cut down on your consumption of human kidneys, fava beans and Chianti while you're at it!  :whistle:

Good signing. He'll be first choice, make no mistake about that. The guy is a model pro, Manchester United educated, more Premier League experience than the rest of our squad combined, is at his peak and is being let go because he doesn't fit this ridiculous new system Harry's playing, not because he's shit.

But...well. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's been branded already as having a bad attitude because he looks a little like DJ Campbell or Jermaine Beckford. I wish I was wrong, but I'm not. This forum is mental.

I may have misread and apologies if I have but, how can you describe him as a "model pro" and then later state "he's got a bad attitude"? Or are you saying as he looks like beckford in a physical sense he's been branded a bad boy by FT members?

I may have misread and apologies if I have but, how can you describe him as a "model pro" and then later state "he's got a bad attitude"? Or are you saying as he looks like beckford in a physical sense he's been branded a bad boy by FT members?

No no, sorry, writing on my cell so me no English good. Saw a few above saying his attitude is bad and he'll be disruptive. Honestly, don't know where that's come from, always come across a decent lad when I've seen him talk. He's not as bad as he looks.

Frazier Campbell got the same treatment when he was linked with us.

Archived