Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kent

Do we need another striker?

Do we need another striker?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need another striker?

• Yes
    • No

We've already got 4 wingers, not sure why people think that is priority.

Who?

Knockaert could do more centrally & lack of pace against pacey wingbacks could make him anonymous

Mahrez looks excellent

Albrighton supposedly has a good cross on him

We seem to be missing the pacey winger who takes one or two players out the game, someone who's naturally left-sided.

Collecting forwards seems to fly in the face of what Pearson fostered last season drought us our success, shedding players & making the squad a close knit one who'd go the extra mile for each other.

Scoring goals in the Prem will keep us in the division, Ulloa (admittedly against Terry & Cahill who are among the best in the world in the air) doesn't look amazingly prolific, & Nugent has missed plenty of chances already, Vardy is an unknown.

So it's no surprise Pearson is still looking, but after the Campbell saga then the Deeney non-event and a few other names... It's obvious we're scraping the bottom of our barrel

Agree with the comments on winger is more important but to be honest i owuld like both

Winger

a playmaker who can dribble past players and deliver the ball

- Schlupp NOK - looks great on the ball get´s past players but the last ball is just not there - much to learn yet

- Knocky NOK - just not got what it takes (sorry Knocky die hards but it is true) SO SO much to learn yet

- Mahrez OK - is nearly there but his delivery is still lacking

- Albrighton OK - is yet to be seen for LCFC but his past play is very good

so we need o top class playmaker not an average one to make up 3 defo prem wingers

Striker

with a killer instinct from long or short

- Ulloa OK - looking good

- Nuge OK  - will yet prove his is prem class I believe

- Vardy OK - great at running on to the long ball yet to be seen if he can handle the prem defences

- Wood NOK - just not got what it takes and doesnt seem to fit in to the wya we play - lots to learn

so another striker would be wlecome to make up 3/4 defo prem strikers

IMO - btw - not saying we should give up or sell Knocky, Schlupp or Wood on the contrary we should keep them and train them as they have talent that needs nuturing

For squad depth I'd say yes and be more comfortable heading out of the window for it.

I'd prefer someone who can play wide and upfront if at all possible but can't understand why fans would turn their noses up at adding a striker with a good track record - like Dame N'Doye - if we can get one in.

Definitely not a priority for me, believe we have 4 competent strikers which will do us until January at least. Especially if we play 1 up top in some games - much rather get in a fullback (Simpson) and a winger. 

Buying strikers in the January window? If you think they are overpriced now...

We have four strikers here which is more than enough. It also depends on, like Moosebreath said, whether Vardy makes the step up. If we start struggling to score goals then I would expect us to look at another striker.

if we start to struggle to score goals we will have to wait until Jan which may be to late.

Did you watch Nathan Dyer's second goal against West Brom. It was actually a lower quality finish than Nugents but because Courois made an excellent save everyone's rounding on Nugent but not Dyer.

I'm sure I don't need to explain how silly it would be to claim a player isn't good enough for a division based on one moment anyway.

Everybody is giving Nuge shit but I think he's been class so far this season (the Chelsea finish aside - why look at the linesman giving Courtois the chance to run out?). People say he doesn't score enough from open play but we're not playing 4-4-2, we're playing 4-4-1-1 as we did last season. Nuge's job is to help work the ball to the main striker and pick up any pieces. His work rate and all round game have been superb so far, especially today against Arsenal.

Nuge has been class. We're going to need someone like him who'll work his arse off for the team every week. We're not Man City or Chelsea, we need things other than a top class finisher. And they generally aren't that available and aren't that cheap.

I have to hold my hands up and say after today's performance, I was probably a bit hasty in

my judgement on Nugents ability to make the step up. I still don't think he will score a hat full

of goals, but as has been pointed out he does offer a lot more than just a goal threat.

Archived