scinnell Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 With now living outside of Leicester, and the Tigers commentary always being on BBC Leicester online. How do I listen to the Leicester commentary?
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 With now living outside of Leicester, and the Tigers commentary always being on BBC Leicester online. How do I listen to the Leicester commentary? Same problem for me. Have to pay for FoxesPlayer. I don't want to though, because in the space of the month (27/09-27/10) I only need to listen to today's game. Going to the rest and can watch Swansea on Sky.
Jimmy Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 OK thanks for that. think its about £3.99 a month mate
ozleicester Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Same problem for me. Have to pay for FoxesPlayer. I don't want to though, because in the space of the month (27/09-27/10) I only need to listen to today's game. Going to the rest and can watch Swansea on Sky. you can get 14 days free im pretty sure of course there is always ...
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 you can get 14 days free im pretty sure I can only see the cheapest option of £4.49 for the month.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Unless it's different this season - if you know someone that's got another "player" (I think it's through Premium TV sites but that might have changed) you can still listen because it all runs through the same thing, you just select the game you want to listen to don't you? You can run it on different devices too so no one will be sacrificing their coverage for your benefit. At uni I used to listen to City games through my Wednesdayite housemates "Owls Player" account.
Spudulike Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Foxes Player commentary doesn't switch on until kick-off so you miss all the build up, interviews etc etc. Previous seasons you could listen to the City buildup through the BBC RL link and then switch over to Foxes Player when the match starts. Now it's just the bleedin' rugger
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 you can get 14 days free im pretty sure of course there is always ... Think I'm gunna have to try and stream it, cheers Oz. It makes more sense for me to resubscribe to foxesplayer when I need to listen to more than one game in the space of a month.
Russell sprout Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Won't the games be on radio anymore then?
ozleicester Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Foxes Player commentary doesn't switch on until kick-off so you miss all the build up, interviews etc etc. Previous seasons you could listen to the City buildup through the BBC RL link and then switch over to Foxes Player when the match starts. Now it's just the bleedin' rugger Its on now Won't the games be on radio anymore then? They are on the radio and fine if you can get bbc leicester broadcast.. but of your outside the area (eg australia) you have to buy Player to listen
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Won't the games be on radio anymore then? Yes? It's on 104.9fm as usual but as I live outside of Leicestershire - as does the OP - I tried to listen via online and today online is reporting on the Rugby.
Russell sprout Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Yes? It's on 104.9fm as usual but as I live outside of Leicestershire - as does the OP - I tried to listen via online and today online is reporting on the Rugby. Soz that's wot I meant,is it just today it's not on radio lesta
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Soz that's wot I meant,is it just today it's not on radio lesta I think so.
Collymore Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Where abouts do you all live? I often listen to 104.9 bbc radio Leicester near the Scottish Borders under the right conditions with a car radio! 104.9 is a frequency that is only used else where in the UK as a repeater for bbc radio 4 high up in Scotland... If you live with in 200 miles of Leicester and don't live in a dip, I'd be pretty confident you could get radio Leicester all the time with a yagi directional aerial and rotator. The above kit and installation isn't as expensive as you might think. Just point it at Leicester!
Russell sprout Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 I think so. Il av to make do with jeff and co then :-)
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Where abouts do you all live? I often listen to 104.9 bbc radio Leicester near the Scottish Borders under the right conditions with a car radio! 104.9 is a frequency that is only used else where in the UK as a repeater for bbc radio 4 high up in Scotland... If you live with in 200 miles of Leicester and don't live in a dip, I'd be pretty confident you could get radio Leicester all the time with a yagi directional aerial and rotator. The above kit and installation isn't as expensive as you might think. Just point it at Leicester! Manchester for me... I try 104.9 but just end up getting Radio Manchester. (At least I can keep up with scores at Bury, Rochdale etc ).
ty fox Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 OK thanks for that. The game is on wiziwig if you can get on it mate
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Il av to make do with jeff and co then :-) There are streams... I just don't like the reporting so I'll probably mute and put 5live on.
urban.spaceman Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 What I did when I lived in New Zealand (and had insomnia) was to get my dad to put the radio next to the computer so I could listen to it over Skype (my mum likes to call this the 12,000m snore). Worked a treat; for the Forest FA cup replay my boss (a Spurs fan, who had been at Wembley 1999 same as me!) let me play it over the shop's radio in what must have been my least proffesional day of work ever. Obviously works better if you have wifi access and someone in Leicester willing to do this for you
Collymore Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Manchester for me... I try 104.9 but just end up getting Radio Manchester. (At least I can keep up with scores at Bury, Rochdale etc ).Is that imagine fm? Forgot about that. There's xfm in London on that frequency too. Not so good for the southern foxes!
Fox92 Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Is that imagine fm? Forgot about that. There's xfm in London on that frequency too. Not so good for the southern foxes! I think so. Not sure. You've just given me a good idea though. I'm gunna try Radio London at 94.9. Might work?
Collymore Posted 27 September 2014 Posted 27 September 2014 Manchester for me... I try 104.9 but just end up getting Radio Manchester. (At least I can keep up with scores at Bury, Rochdale etc ).Is that imagine fm? Forgot about that. There's xfm in London on that frequency too. Not so good for the southern foxes!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.