Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

What a waste of a life!

Alcohol abuse and poisoning can be seen and prevented or at least controlled. A bad pint most likely would not kill you but a bad drug dose could. How many previous occasions had that young man taken pills etc. with no ill effect. On this occasion the combination was wrong.

you talk the most sense on this forum

so no one has ever been injured or killed as a result of being drunk for the first time? OK......

It doesn't, it just proves they are both not good ideas. And for you to be arguing for it suggests you drink and probably handle yourself well..like most drug users.

Quite.

The question is would this happen if drugs were legalised and there was a greater control over the contents of the drugs and greater information about what happens when you mix this with that.

I have seen my friends do it at festivals, just take all kinds of crap bought from dodgy looking people, they've had pills laced with acid and other things and some nasty red pills that made them all feel ill.

If it was known that mixing heroin, cocaine, methiopropamine and etizolam would kill you, then you hope he wouldn't experiment with them, but then he was taking Heroin, so I'm not really sure.

Nope, all drugs are bad. We just have to keep telling the kids this, not giving any information about them and that will protect them forever!

Nope, all drugs are bad. We just have to keep telling the kids this, not giving any information about them and that will protect them forever!

Drugs are bad mmkay

But it is a genuine question would this have happened if drugs were legal and there was more education and control in production?

There is no evidence that there was anything wrong with these drugs, if legal would they come with a warning saying not to be taken with heroin?

Do any of us really pay attention to the warning labels, how many people drink when on prescription drugs, despite being advised not to, and if someone does enjoy drug cocktail is any sort of education or warning going to be enough to prevent this? Should that matter? As people have said plenty of people abuse legal drugs and die, I do think that we should investigate a lot more into legalising drugs, but no amount of legislation and quality of supply will stop people dying from misuse, but at what point do we trust the majority to use drink and drugs in a controlled and responsible manner, or try and control them while the minority will always find a way to access drugs and abuse them.

Do teenagers young people listen to their elders (I now include myself) There have always been those that do the opposite. But yes education from an early age would work on most but there will always be those that whether it is their home life or their life in general will look for a way to fit in or stand out. Sometimes it's a cry for help which is not always recognised by even us wise elders.

Drugs are bad mmkay

But it is a genuine question would this have happened if drugs were legal and there was more education and control in production?

There is no evidence that there was anything wrong with these drugs, if legal would they come with a warning saying not to be taken with heroin?

Do any of us really pay attention to the warning labels, how many people drink when on prescription drugs, despite being advised not to, and if someone does enjoy drug cocktail is any sort of education or warning going to be enough to prevent this? Should that matter? As people have said plenty of people abuse legal drugs and die, I do think that we should investigate a lot more into legalising drugs, but no amount of legislation and quality of supply will stop people dying from misuse, but at what point do we trust the majority to use drink and drugs in a controlled and responsible manner, or try and control them while the minority will always find a way to access drugs and abuse them.

You don't need to stop people taking them, you need to stop people from being able to take them, ie, take out the supply.

Can people really not have fun without drugs? I find that to be the ultimate tragedy.

Someone between 15 and 34 dies through alcohol approximately every 30 hours in the UK. Strange how this is not the subject of stupid remarks by coroners and headline writers.  :rolleyes:

This argument is consistently pointless and boring. Alcohol kills more people directly, but you're very naive if you don't think drugs influence people's actions too. They kill, maybe not as direct as alcohol, but they kill people.

I also assume more people die in these cases but this one is in a headline for some reason.

I have no sympathy in cases like this. People know what can happen when they take drugs. Chance of death.

Legalising and policing drugs would prevent these kind of things imo. Not only would the drug mix be controlled but sold in the right doses without the added rat poison and crap that gets added by dealers.

The government would be able to tax this also, which would rake in a fortune and make people that live off selling drugs have to work.

Legalising and policing drugs would prevent these kind of things imo. Not only would the drug mix be controlled but sold in the right doses without the added rat poison and crap that gets added by dealers.

The government would be able to tax this also, which would rake in a fortune and make people that live off selling drugs have to work.

Would it though? There is no evidence that anything he took had been cut with rat poison or anything else, I'm pretty sure that taking combinations of legally manufactured and regulated heroin and those other drugs then this will still happen, and people will do it, look at the way people experiment with a legal product like alcohol, pushing their limits of tolerance and mixing it with anything and everything and downing the result, despite common sense saying otherwise, and they die.

Legalising will not prevent people experimenting with drugs with fatal consequences, that is just human nature, it will not prevent deaths like this, and in some ways may encourage them, with greater supply of different types of drugs. It will prevent those needless deaths where someone has taken a single pill believing it to be ecstacy and it isn't.

Doses of the drugs wouldn't be at such a high level, I understand what you're saying, but surely with some kind of control of what goes into the drugs deaths would reduce?

Personally I've never touched them and know sweet F A about drugs. I just feel that controls are needed and buying from strangers is always going to be dangerous.

Doses of the drugs wouldn't be at such a high level, I understand what you're saying, but surely with some kind of control of what goes into the drugs deaths would reduce?

Personally I've never touched them and know sweet F A about drugs. I just feel that controls are needed and buying from strangers is always going to be dangerous.

You're assuming that people will stop buying drugs from dealers when a legal source becomes available.

If the reduced the dosage people would just take twice as much.

I'm not a drug taker either, but I've seen enough of human nature to know that if you have one pill that does one thing, and another pill that does another, then they will wonder what happens if I take both at the same time, or take more than the recommended dosage. You see it with alcohol all the time, even in legal products, like Goldschlager I think it was with flecks of gold which was rumoured to make tiny internal lacerations which will get the alcohol into your blood stream quicker, or drinking water after drinking Pernod will reactivate the crystals and get you drunk again, then there is all the mixing it with caffeine drinks and mixing lager and cider, lager and Smirnoff Ice and whoever thought of WKD Blue and Port to make Silly Vimto. 

Then you have the means of intaking alcohol, necking shots, downing pints, strawpedos add legal drugs into that mix and people will find new and creative ways of getting fvcked up and killing themselves.

It is just whether the risk of that increasing through legalisation would be offset by the greater quality and control of legal drugs.

Archived