Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2015 in Music

Gloryhammer have announced a new album - Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards due in September, complete with a plot that sounds like one of those low budget straight to DVD sci-fi horror movies you find on obscure channels at 2am:

In the distant future of the year 1992...war has returned to the galaxy. One thousand years have passed since the brave hero Angus McFife defeated the evil sorcerer Zargothrax in the battle of Dunfermline, trapping the wizard in a frozen prison of liquid ice. But now, a cult of unholy chaos wizards are plotting to release their dark master from his ice-bound tomb and once again unleash the sorcerer Zargothrax upon the universe. The tragic destiny of the Galactic Empire of Fife now hangs in the balance once more...

Very much looking forward to the new Zac Brown album arriving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBm4Tx2bRo

Yes! Finally someone who appreciates how great they are. I have tickets to see them at Wembley in September.

I have heard a lot of negative reviews about the new album but I quite like it. They have tried to do something a bit different with a few songs but it's generally good in my opinion

Yes! Finally someone who appreciates how great they are. I have tickets to see them at Wembley in September.

I have heard a lot of negative reviews about the new album but I quite like it. They have tried to do something a bit different with a few songs but it's generally good in my opinion

Me too! My girlfriend's folks bought us all tickets as a Christmas present so it's like a group trip down to see them :D

Check out AJ Ghent who has been supporting them in the states

https://youtu.be/HrN5P_6pzyY

Very much hoping he's over here too :-)

I.Love the new album, it's diverse but still fits together like 1 complete piece of work in my opinion. Still think this is my fave ZBB tune though

https://youtu.be/YFPszxcmhS4

Only heard his first 2 songs on Spotify but liking the sound of Rat Boy, reminds me a lot of Jamie T. Looking forward to hearing more of his stuff.

He was at Field Day a few weeks back. Couldn't get in to the Jaeger hut to see him as it was rammo and only held about 50.

I'm really not feeling much new indie music nowadays. Only really Slaves recently that have even got me half chub.

Hippety hop is where the good music is at nowadays. Run The Jewels is all I need in my life.

Me too! My girlfriend's folks bought us all tickets as a Christmas present so it's like a group trip down to see them :D

Check out AJ Ghent who has been supporting them in the states

https://youtu.be/HrN5P_6pzyY

Very much hoping he's over here too :-)

I.Love the new album, it's diverse but still fits together like 1 complete piece of work in my opinion. Still think this is my fave ZBB tune though

https://youtu.be/YFPszxcmhS4

Cool, thanks for the recommendation! I read on their Facebook page that Imelda May (who I know very little about) will be supporting them at Wembley but you never know.

I've seen them twice in London and they were phenomenal both times. Can't wait for Wembley. The Grohl sessions was a fantastic little album. I'm a big fan of Free/Into the Mystic.

i do but i never thought id see the day you slated our beloved indie u turncoat

There's nothing any good coming through nowadays - I still get a wide on over 2005 

TV on the Radio's newest was good and there was a Mutemath album from 2011 and a Flume album from 2012 that I just found and loved. Other than that most 'indie' stuff has been bland Mumford replicas. 

There just aren't any good guitar bands any more - the best new stuff is all break beats with a female singer over the top - FKA Twigs, Valuts, Tove Lo, Black Coast, Purity Ring etc.

There's nothing any good coming through nowadays - I still get a wide on over 2005 

TV on the Radio's newest was good and there was a Mutemath album from 2011 and a Flume album from 2012 that I just found and loved. Other than that most 'indie' stuff has been bland Mumford replicas. 

There just aren't any good guitar bands any more - the best new stuff is all break beats with a female singer over the top - FKA Twigs, Valuts, Tove Lo, Black Coast, Purity Ring etc.

Give Spring King a listen chief, a pleasant surprise on my Leed '15 playlist.

If Circa Waves and Wolf Alice aren't at least getting you to half-mast then that is sad news.

Agreed very lean times, find myself listening to other music genre's, been like that for a long time, hoping for a new guitar led explosion but doesn't look likely.  Need some pissed off kids to pick some guitars up.

Give Spring King a listen chief, a pleasant surprise on my Leed '15 playlist.

If Circa Waves and Wolf Alice aren't at least getting you to half-mast then that is sad news.

That one Circa Waves song is ok but it's played to death on XFM. Will give all 3 a bash.

In terms of bands that could play a big slot at a festival though it is fairly pean isn't it.

Foals and The Maccabees releasing new stuff this year should be good. Catfish will probably headline Leeds/Reading in the next 2 years if their second album and supporting tour is as well recieved as the first.

Im leaving pean as it is.

Archived