Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tickler28

It's official

How numb and uninspired do we all feel....nothings changing...were stuck in a rut so deep a change is the only thing that MIGHT help...change nothing = relegation...guaranteed

That's quite a statement to be making. "Certain to go down if we persist with Pearson much longer." Knowledge like that could earn you a few quid down the bookies you know.

Fair enough I'll pipe down now...just fed up and hacked off

I'm not saying that. This is a forum so you can say whatever you want (within reason). It's just that people keep on posting these statistics but we're all in the same position. We're all fans and we all want the best for the football club. We all feel the same.

We'll turn it around, I have belief. Well, if we don't get anything from QPR, Villa and even Liverpool then I'll be heavily disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not saying that. This is a forum so you can say whatever you want (within reason). It's just that people keep on posting these statistics but we're all in the same position. We're all fans and we all want the best for the football club. We all feel the same.

We'll turn it around, I have belief. Well, if we don't get anything from QPR, Villa and even Liverpool then I'll be heavily disappointed.

2 down 1 to go

• 2 weeks later...

Add Man City to that list. In Pearson we trust (if we must?!?)

Add Man City to that list. In Pearson we trust (if we must?!?)

I am heavily disappointed, no doubting that. We haven't made it easier for ourselves not taking anything from the likes of West Brom, QPR and Villa. I'm being as realistic as always though and with that I think our next hope is Hull. Can't see us getting anything against West Ham or Spurs but you never know.

Yes I do think we have the ability to beat them. I just think we need to revert back to what we are good at - width, creativity, 442 - because I've seen nothing to suggest Sunderland, QPR, Villa are better than us.

They are all better than us...fact

They are all better than us...fact

Well, obviously, because we're bottom of the league and the table doesn't lie.

But you're quoting me from November 8th when I didn't think they were any better than us.

Well, obviously, because we're bottom of the league and the table doesn't lie.

But you're quoting me from November 8th when I didn't think they were any better than us.

You didn't think it then but I KNEW even then they were better than us regardless of league position. Sunderland, Villa, West Brom are established Prem teams who know how to get results and QPR are better than us mainly due to the fact that they buy very very good players all the time and we don't.

You didn't think it then but I KNEW even then they were better than us regardless of league position. Sunderland, Villa, West Brom are established Prem teams who know how to get results and QPR are better than us mainly due to the fact that they buy very very good players all the time and we don't.

The teams that you've mentioned also profitted from several seasons in the top flight, accumulating a lot of money in the process from ticket sales and most of all, TV revenue.

No wonder they're able to attract better players, improving their squads considerably.

Still, it doesn't prevent you from getting relegated (see QPR for a more recent example).

Since when has a manager not been responsible for results. It's a false choice between players and manager, clearly the players play the game and the manager picks them and coaches/motivates them. They're both to blame and the only area of doubt is whether they can improve enough and in enoughb time to achieve your objective, which was surely to survive.

If, as seems probable, Pearson had failed to achieve that objective then the only reason to keep him is if you believe the game is up for this year but being in situ and learning from experience he would be better placed than an outsider to bring us back up.

I believe we have an small chance of turning this round still and we should give it our best shot which means Pearson should be asked to leave. It really is the end for him and I think deep down he is frightened by the fact that he doesn't know how to turn this round.

Since when has a manager not been responsible for results. It's a false choice between players and manager, clearly the players play the game and the manager picks them and coaches/motivates them. They're both to blame and the only area of doubt is whether they can improve enough and in enoughb time to achieve your objective, which was surely to survive.

If, as seems probable, Pearson had failed to achieve that objective then the only reason to keep him is if you believe the game is up for this year but being in situ and learning from experience he would be better placed than an outsider to bring us back up.

I believe we have an small chance of turning this round still and we should give it our best shot which means Pearson should be asked to leave. It really is the end for him and I think deep down he is frightened by the fact that he doesn't know how to turn this round.

Spot on he doesn't know what to do and has shown himself to being very tactically naive this season as well as picking completely the wrong match day 11 and formations. I think its cruel to leave him in situ but I do agree if we were already relegated he's the best man for next season...then if we're promoted sack him

The teams that you've mentioned also profitted from several seasons in the top flight, accumulating a lot of money in the process from ticket sales and most of all, TV revenue.

No wonder they're able to attract better players, improving their squads considerably.

Still, it doesn't prevent you from getting relegated (see QPR for a more recent example).

Are you able to ever wake up and smell the coffee. I to am grateful for what Pearson has done but he isn't good enough and the results and table prove that. He even said himself that he felt his players were good enough so on that basis he is to blame not them.

Explain Burnley then? How are they doing so much better than us. Here's a thought - Cleverer and more tactically aware manager.

That's quite a statement to be making. "Certain to go down if we persist with Pearson much longer." Knowledge like that could earn you a few quid down the bookies you know.

It's incredible how many guarantees there are on both sides of the argument. You yourself said 'if Pearson stays he'll turn it around'. But yes, I've heard that he's guaranteed to take us down, that ANY new manager is guaranteed to take us down, that he's guaranteed to bring us back up and that we're guaranteed to spend ten years in the dark again if he goes. You end up with a headache trying to process all of that.

Explain Burnley then? How are they doing so much better than us. Here's a thought - Cleverer and more tactically aware manager.

Who Nigel Pearson did much better than last year.

Clearly Pearson is taking longer to adapt, it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't as good. We'll be in a much better position to make these comparisons once they've both had a full season.

If we're backing Pearson then it has to be in hope that he will become a better manager, rather than on the understanding that he's already good enough. Because he's currently an abysmal top flight manager and, presumably, those thinking of our long term future want us to be able to get here and stay here some day.

I don't think that's impossible. But there's not much point defending Pearson right now, and to be honest, his whole second spell will prove a false dawn until the day comes that he turns us into a Premier League team.

I think it's just down to the fact Burnley have a better defence than us so are able to grind out more results.

The management team are fully at fault for not improving our defence. Saying that, I expect us to make a good fist at improving it in January. Lessons will have been learned from the summer. I sincerely hope and do believe Pearson is only being nice about the players to the media and public, but within the camp I imagine it's a different story. 

A good quality CB and LB are required at the very least.

Who Nigel Pearson did much better than last year.

Clearly Pearson is taking longer to adapt, it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't as good. We'll be in a much better position to make these comparisons once they've both had a full season.

It does mean that he isn't as good! At least not now!

We can hold out hope that Jamie Vardy is better than Charlie Austin, it's just taking him longer to adapt. But right now you can see which one quality clubs in search of a quality striker rate more highly.

If we're backing Pearson then it has to be in hope that he will become a better manager, rather than on the understanding that he's already good enough. Because he's currently an abysmal top flight manager and, presumably, those thinking of our long term future want us to be able to get here and stay here some day.

I don't think that's impossible. But there's not much point defending Pearson right now, and to be honest, his whole second spell will prove a false dawn until the day comes that he turns us into a Premier League team.

I can't speak for others, but I'm backing Pearson purely on the fact he's shown that he does learn from previous errors and usually comes back stronger. I also like his philosophy on building a team rather than aiming for instant gratification and risking the clubs medium-long term financial stability. If we could find a manager with a similar mindset but proven to be better in the transfer market and on the pitch then I'd say "Thanks for your work Nigel but we've found a better replacement." 

I don't see too many knocking around though, so for that reason I'm happy to see how he fares in January with some actual top flight experience under his belt.

I can't speak for others, but I'm backing Pearson purely on the fact he's shown that he does learn from previous errors and usually comes back stronger. I also like his philosophy on building a team rather than aiming for instant gratification and risking the clubs medium-long term financial stability. If we could find a manager with a similar mindset but proven to be better in the transfer market and on the pitch then I'd say "Thanks for your work Nigel but we've found a better replacement." 

I don't see too many knocking around though, so for that reason I'm happy to see how he fares in January with some actual top flight experience under his belt.

That's as close to my point of view on the matter as I can find. I'm not 'happy' to see how he fares, but we're past the point where Pulis was our man, so we may as well give a previously successful manager a chance for now. But I would be very careful with our spending, and make sure we have one eye on building for a medium to long-term future.

If we go down it's not unthinkable that decent bids could come in for Schmeichel, Mahrez and Ulloa, and we have eight players out of contract in the summer, so we should really keep trying to make longer term investments, rather than quick fixes.

Archived