Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Bad strikers or poor service? Or both?

Our strikers aren't bad, Nugent & Wood in particular just aren't Premier League standard.

Vardy the jury is out, he is effective in other ways, but now as a goalscorer I'm not sure, can see him being Dwight Gayle mark 2, if he starts finding the net soon. 

As for service it's been evident that we need more creativity, we have creative players we just need to start using them more often. Play Albrighton regularly then he is more than capable of getting assists. 

I like Vardys hard work - the man runs his butt off every game. However, he just doesnt seem like a scorer to me. Looks as if he'd be more effective racing down the sides and feeding into the box, unfortunately there rarely seems to be anyone inside the box lately.  

A mix of both for me..... in some games Ulloa has barely had a kick as we dont get the ball to him enough.

However, in other instances we've missed too many chances which you cant do at this level.

Nugent, Wood and Vardy have 3 goals between them so not really good enough, all need to improve and quickly

A mix of both for me..... in some games Ulloa has barely had a kick as we dont get the ball to him enough.

However, in other instances we've missed too many chances which you cant do at this level.

Nugent, Wood and Vardy have 3 goals between them so not really good enough, all need to improve and quickly

Agree with Nuge and Vardy but bit harsh on Wood considering hes hardly played.

Poor service the main reason, can't remember the last time we got Ulloa on the ball in the box looking at the goal.

He's become the battering ram get out clause for those who can't find a pass, at times on Saturday he was having to wrestle two defenders.

Vardy has less of an excuse, has had chances and real opportunities to run at defenders and create.

Mahrez and James look the only players in our team at the minute capable of making a chance whilst on the ball themselves.

Can't remember the last time he picked up the ball held up it up fired a pass out to winger making a run and busted a gut to get in the box either, swings and roundabouts. 

I think the lack of set piece threat is a fair assessment, in my opinion boiling down to following factors:

1) Lack of top quality corner delivery from the takers we have available

2) Lack of varied corner routines (working short corners, corners to the edge of the box, corners to near and far post) rather than putting the same type of corner into the box each time

3) Quality Premiership marking and set piece defending

If the game was as simple as hes tall, get him to nod it in, we would produce players of basketball proportion heights to do just that.

Fair enough but our set pieces were awful in the Championship.

Both. It amazes me how deep Ulloa has to come for the ball. That's not his game at all! We can't cross a ball so there's no goals coming from there and teams that set up defensively stop us from slipping Vardy through so we really are struggling. Against the better teams I expect us to create more as we don't have to pull them out of rigid defensive positions

Archived