Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

But this is exactly the problem. On Sunday we were too defensive. We invited  lack-lustre Everton side to attack us and went 1-0 down. Rubbish!

Then Pearson changes it, we go 3-4-3 and go 2-1. Brilliant!

But then he doesn't have the nous to change back to a defensive line-up to see the game out. We're within 5 minutes of a crucial away win, and Pearson still has 3 forwards on the pitch. It's not rocket science what he needs to do... but he doesn't do it!! Rubbish!

This is exactly what happened against Burnley, when he subs Hammond, brings on Knockaert and we end up conceding a goal.

Yes there are fans who have got it in for Pearson, but I think a lot of people just want him to stop making mistakes. That's all!

You see, the highlighted bit sums it up... there have been numerous people saying we went TOO defensive after scoring. One person says too attacking, another too defensive and then both back slap each other about their dislike for Pearson despite not even agreeing with each other, the threads are full of it.

this is the bit i don't get about pro pearson fans.

we're bottom of the league but it's not his fault.

i will give him credit for finally making a game changing substituion. well played nigel.

and then he brings on king for cambi (yes i know he was gassed) who couldn't tackle a lettuce.

it was crying out for hammond or was to sit in front of the defence and see the game out.

to you everything bad that happens to us is bad luck or soembody elses fault but pearsons.

i personally don't care who is in charge of the club. i will praise good and criticize bad.

Great post

this is the bit i don't get about pro pearson fans.

we're bottom of the league but it's not his fault.

i will give him credit for finally making a game changing substituion. well played nigel.

and then he brings on king for cambi (yes i know he was gassed) who couldn't tackle a lettuce.

it was crying out for hammond or was to sit in front of the defence and see the game out.

to you everything bad that happens to us is bad luck or soembody elses fault but pearsons.

i personally don't care who is in charge of the club. i will praise good and criticize bad.

Great post

I don't quite know how he is still in a job. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all that he has done for us, but we still have a chance to stay up.

The f**k off and die comment; I'm not exactly sure what happened there but to say that to a paying spectator who has his own right to voice his own opinion seems harsh.

He disrespected our Gary Lineker.

Although its not a fact. I was told by someone who works at the club. Heskey offered his services at the start of the season and trained with the first team. When Heskey approached Nigel Pearson about the potential of playing if he needed his services, he just said: No. Not in a no thanks for offering kind of way but in a very non pleasant I'm a balloon head kind of way that disrespected Emile. That is two times he has disrespected former players who used own personal funds to help us at our lowest point.

Can we blame the summer signings? Why did we start so well and fall in decline. I think the DOF may have been a scapegoat for Pearson.

New bumper contracts for Nugent, Morgan, Kasper, Drinkwater, Vardy, De Laet. All players have shown they aren't PL quality yet all signed some great ££££ contracts. The hard work of the owners and staff has all gone down the toilet.  

I don't quite know how he is still in a job. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all that he has done for us, but we still have a chance to stay up.

The f**k off and die comment; I'm not exactly sure what happened there but to say that to a paying spectator who has his own right to voice his own opinion seems harsh.

Although its not a fact. I was told by someone who works at the club. Heskey offered his services at the start of the season and trained with the first team. When Heskey approached Nigel Pearson about the potential of playing if he needed his services, he just said: No. Not in a no thanks for offering kind of way but in a very non pleasant I'm a balloon head kind of way that disrespected Emile. That is two times he has disrespected former players who used own personal funds to help us at our lowest point.

Can we blame the summer signings? Why did we start so well and fall in decline. I think the DOF may have been a scapegoat for Pearson.

New bumper contracts for Nugent, Morgan, Kasper, Drinkwater, Vardy, De Laet. All players have shown they aren't PL quality yet all signed some great ££££ contracts. The hard work of the owners and staff has all gone down the toilet.

Great post.

Oh great.

Another 'I know it's not a fact but I got told a story that makes Pearson sound like a willy puller' post.

We need another one of those.

As for him 'disrespecting' Gary? Lineker disrespected the owners putting confidential information in the public domain.

Oh great.

Another 'I know it's not a fact but I got told a story that makes Pearson sound like a willy puller' post.

As for him 'disrespecting' Gary? Lineker disrespected the owners putting confidential information in the public domain.

I got told he was really nice to Emile, in fact they went out for dinner and Nigel will be the godfather to his next child.

All of whom proved they were far better than the Championship, justifiably given a chance to take the next step with us. It's a huge, huge shame it hasn't worked out, but you can't say they didn't earn the right to have a fair crack this season.

Oh great.

If you look at the tweet again. He is responding to the fountain of knowledge jibe by releasing the information. Hardly confidential information. Pearson is acting like a willy puller whose losing the plot. He deserves to be sacked.

All of whom proved they were far better than the Championship, justifiably given a chance to take the next step with us. It's a huge, huge shame it hasn't worked out, but you can't say they didn't earn the right to have a fair crack this season.

It's still the correct decision to put them on contracts as all would command decent fees still were we to sell.

We couldn't just let them all run down their contracts.

If you look at the tweet again. He is responding to the fountain of knowledge jibe by releasing the information. Hardly confidential information. Pearson is acting like a willy puller whose losing the plot. He deserves to be sacked.

So he's prepared to put his mates on MOTD ahead of the football club he supports?

Not confidential? How do work that out? In case you haven't noticed the club still haven't released to the public any official explanation.

The fan was being abusive and Pearson responded, he didn't pick out a random fan and start abusing them. Both were probably in the wrong, Pearson went too far with the "and die" bit but the fan gave it out, Pearson gave some back.

So he's prepared to put his mates on MOTD ahead of the football club he supports?

Not confidential? How do work that out? In case you haven't noticed the club still haven't released to the public any official explanation.

Just because he supports the club doesn't mean he supports the manager.

I don't think you would get much for any of them to honest.

I'd hazard a guess you would for them all bar Nugent.

Certainly more than we've paid out in wages in a season for them anyway.

Does anyone seriously believe Kasper, RDL, James, Drinkwater or Vardys value has decreased since they joined us?

Just because he supports the club doesn't mean he supports the manager.

Then he should have tweeted something to embarrass the manager rather than the owners.

I doubt Pearson gave a shit about his tweet.

We've done this 100 times in this thread already - sacking him would achieve NOTHING at this point other than to absolutely guarantee that we go down. On the whole we are not playing badly (bar the Aston Villa FA defeat which was absolutely diabolical).

I think Pearson's conduct during that whole few days 'debacle' was unacceptable. I also think that Lineker acted like a total tool too.

However, I also think that Pearson's interviews at the weekend were pretty good actually and seemed more honest and more relaxed.

He knows that I don't like him, so I know he'll be pleased about that....

It's still the correct decision to put them on contracts as all would command decent fees still were we to sell.

We couldn't just let them all run down their contracts.

Precisely. What was the alternative? Let the spine of the team go in the summer and go into this season with practically a new squad.

Also, Pearson HAD to offer them longer term deals- they obviously wouldn't sign a 'one year then if you're shit you're off' deal were they?

Pearson's "fountain of knowledge" comment was unwise and unnecessary (if understandable), but that doesn't justify Lineker releasing sensitive and potentially damaging information - which wasn't in the public domain until he released it.

If my boss said something rude to me, would that justify me in avenging myself by releasing potentially damaging information about our employer to the press?

I agree. Will probably cost more to sell them and release them from the contract.

If we go down they will all be good enough to stay, they will also have clauses in the contracts. If we stay up... it doesn't really bloody matter because we'll have £100m quick coming in.

I like how when Fulham buy McCormack for 11 million it's 'good business if he gets them up' but tried and tested top class Championship players like Vardy and Drinkwater who will get you up we apparently would barely get a penny for if we tried to sell...

I'd hazard a guess you would for them all bar Nugent.

Certainly more than we've paid out in wages in a season for them anyway.

Does anyone seriously believe Kasper, RDL, James, Drinkwater or Vardys value has decreased since they joined us?

Agreed. Plus, the contracts were negotiated before those players were revealed to have inadequacies at Premier League level - though James increasingly looks the part, and others might yet make the step up (remember how Vardy & Drinkwater struggled to some extent 2 years ago, only to become key players in a title-winning side last season?).

The contracts were negotiated at a time when that squad had just won the Championship with 102 points, so those players certainly would have been in demand, even if their value might have slipped slightly in the past 6 months. I'd even wager that Nuge would fetch a few quid from a Championship club, even now and even given his age - not that I'd want us to sell as he could still be a key player if we go down and is a decent squad player and probably a very good squad influence at this level.

Agree with everything Alf.

I actually think it's sensible to plan for a return on the basis that if we got relegated we'd still have that spine of a team that got us up. Last thing you need is upheaval going down a division.

That said it's quite absurd reading people saying in hindsight we should have released Drinkwater, Vardy etc - I doubt many were saying that after the first month of the season.

Archived