Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I thought he was pretty decent, yes he scared you times but usually was able to recover, certainly no worse than current centre backs. Not saying there were great defenders but since we got rid of mills and bamba we have been poor at set pieces, the manager hasn't really ever addressed that.

PS I know mills was crap.

We were poor at set pieces back then - remember going until January without scoring from a set-piece under Sven? Bamba was entertaining, but his discipline in positioning and on the ball was atrocious: he played himself into trouble far too often.

lol

Sitting on the fence then Monsey? lol

lol Bob, I think I have been more than patient with Pearson this season, and at the start of the season was happy with him getting a full season at it, as long as he had us giving it a go.

And even with the poor run after the Man U game, I still was patient, but with his antic's this season, as of recently I have lost all confidence in him.

The bloke looks devoid of any ideas of how to get of winning, he's insistence of playing Morgan and other struggling players after repeated mistakes, just pisses me off, and then he wonders why they get the negative results.

Others on here are quite happy to put up with him, his arrogance, his foul insults of a fan, who deserved to get told to **** off, but the die bit in my eyes, is something I would never say to anyone, and they are happy to believe he will definitely get us straight back up next season.

The last I'm no where near convinced of, but after all that, the only reason I think he needed to go, was any manager that stops me enjoying watching city, isn't the right man for the job.

Yep, why would we want someone big, string and quick who can defend and attack set pieces. We don't want any if that at Leicester....

That doesn't address my point, he would get torn apart by Prem attacks. You can't just ignore the things that made him a failure at Leicester first time. Yes he would be a danger and set pieces and his style of play was fun to watch but it just wouldn't work. Look at the spells he's had at his clubs. Look at his first few months at us. It doesn't last, you're kidding yourself.

I asked the question as to what he has done, to EARN his massive salary this season? No,why should I be jealous? If you had asked me, was I angry, then the answer would have been yes.

Like I said, I don't know how much he's earning, in particular not in relative terms.

He's doing his job and he's trying - he's earned his monthly paycheck just like anybody else with a a lack of experience in a working environment mostly unbeknownst to them.

Plus, we don't know what the owners' objectives really are or were at the start of the season.

In any case, you're arguing semantics. And I don't care about the money part. You could argue there's more managers out there receiving an even bigger paycheck on a regular basis, and some of them are highly likely to be underperforming, as well.

He's doing a job in an environment where you have three different scenarios to choose from: win, draw or defeat. A football manager's task is managing people and being dependent on the people around you to deliver, as well. It's not like a bricklayer where you have an immediate result available after a short while.

And there's 19 other people in the same league, some (obviously) with way better skills at their disposal and blessed with more experience and/or more financial means.

Man City just put five past Newcastle. In fairness to how NP sends them out, no-one has done us yet this season notwithstanding where we are. Two 3-1s being the worst.

Grrrrr this is a regular comment about us this season and it annoys me, it's almost as if it's a real achievement losing almost every game by the odd goal. We are going to be relegated but nobody thrashed us, so desperate in looking for positives it's tragic.

You cant voice opinions on this forum as there are too many dreamers, he picks the team and sorts out the tactics, he is out of his depth, personally I will voice my opinions at the games that way I can see who is objecting and tell them straight how it is.  Pearson shouldn't be sacked he needs to get us relegated so that he cant have any excuses and the Pearsonites cant say he would have kept us up we can finally get rid of the arrogant rude individual who doesn't like people questioning any of his decisions not even himself.

Its not his fault of course its the players obviously or maybe the owners how dare they not perform and be selected the next week the cheek of them not to be dropped, I forget the players draw lots to see who's playing.  The cheeky owner not agreeing to spend any of his money!!  110 million last year changed to equity owed to him and around 60 million in wages and transfers this season, I think he should leave no commitment.

Lets keep saint Nigel because none of this is his fault he will get us promoted next season no danger keep the faith.  The great thing is once he gets us promoted next season he will have learned from his mistakes and the next time in the premiership he will get it right, maybe he will stop the players picking themselves next time as they really screwed it up using the pick yourself method. 

Im sure if he actually picked the team and decided the tactics he would get it right next time hahaha love dreaming!!

The replacement for Nigel in the summer lets see who is available in June!!  There certainly is only one Nigel Pearson!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, I don't know how much he's earning, in particular not in relative terms.

He's doing his job and he's trying - he's earned his monthly paycheck just like anybody else with a a lack of experience in a working environment mostly unbeknownst to them.

Plus, we don't know what the owners' objectives really are or were at the start of the season.

In any case, you're arguing semantics. And I don't care about the money part. You could argue there's more managers out there receiving an even bigger paycheck on a regular basis, and some of them are highly likely to be underperforming, as well.

He's doing a job in an environment where you have three different scenarios to choose from: win, draw or defeat. A football manager's task is managing people and being dependent on the people around you to deliver, as well. It's not like a bricklayer where you have an immediate result available after a short while.

And there's 19 other people in the same league, some (obviously) with way better skills at their disposal and blessed with more experience and/or more financial means.

Hmmm with a lack of experience in his working environment- wow

Football manager for 10 odd years, how is that the same as someone with a lack of experience in the job. The same could be said when we were promoted to the championship. Just because the level of opposition has got better doesn't mean he hasn't experienced that before.

Your not sure what the boards remit was?? Well I'm guessing spending 10 million on one player in January it wasn't to finish bottom of the league

A football manager jobs is not like a bricklayer where you have immediate results?? Tell that to Pardew pullis and all the pundits that says its a results business

Well, whatever ones viewpoint, we are bottom, we have been for sometime now and the teams peeps here were mocking preseason are looking down on us as dead men.

We have looked good at times this season but we have also looked mediocre at times too and even worst, seriously lacking some fight at times in important matches.

Thinking  of things as they are and what I've seen this season, makes me wonder, do we actually have any real leaders on the pitch?

Kramaric is an investment. it's not like hull spending 3mill on Doye and finding they have a dud with no resale value.

all smoke and mirrors. Could even be argued that ulloa will recoup almost all the outlay on him if we sell this summer. it's pretty well only the improved contracts where we have made a capital commitment.

Up until villa, I looked forward to watching us. after the tactics we employed last week, I've now lost that. I have no faith in the manager and his team making the right choices re personnel and tactics. desperate to be proved wrong this afternoon but no expectation that I will.

Everton play with width - he better not decide to go with a diamond today! Wing backs would be brave as they can get behind us easily. That means flat back five again and krama will be isolated. need to try and play like we did at the emirates but I imagine Everton will be ready for that and I cannot believe we will have come up with a strategy to overcome this.

You cant voice opinions on this forum as there are too many dreamers, he picks the team and sorts out the tactics, he is out of his depth, personally I will voice my opinions at the games that way I can see who is objecting and tell them straight how it is.  Pearson shouldn't be sacked he needs to get us relegated so that he cant have any excuses and the Pearsonites cant say he would have kept us up we can finally get rid of the arrogant rude individual who doesn't like people questioning any of his decisions not even himself.

Its not his fault of course its the players obviously or maybe the owners how dare they not perform and be selected the next week the cheek of them not to be dropped, I forget the players draw lots to see who's playing.  The cheeky owner not agreeing to spend any of his money!!  110 million last year changed to equity owed to him and around 60 million in wages and transfers this season, I think he should leave no commitment.

Lets keep saint Nigel because none of this is his fault he will get us promoted next season no danger keep the faith.  The great thing is once he gets us promoted next season he will have learned from his mistakes and the next time in the premiership he will get it right, maybe he will stop the players picking themselves next time as they really screwed it up using the pick yourself method. 

Im sure if he actually picked the team and decided the tactics he would get it right next time hahaha love dreaming!!

The replacement for Nigel in the summer lets see who is available in June!!  There certainly is only one Nigel Pearson!!!!!!!!!!

Incorrect. You can voice opinions.

It's helpful for everyone's sake that they're not utter gibberish, however.

You cant voice opinions on this forum

Well you have done so obviously you can. However you have to appreciate that people will question your views - particularly when the rest of your post reads like it's been written by an angry 9 year old.

*Beat me to it Stanley!

You cant help but feel if Pearson had gone 6 games or so back, and Pulis was in charge, we'd stay up or at least picked some more points up by now.

Personally i hope it works out for Pearson for what he has done over the last few years, but at the moment i have lost confidence in him. So many "nearly" games and only if's. End of the day, you can point the finger at various people, but fact remains we are not good enough. Not enough quality in the right places.

In kramaric, we have a decent striker, but i fear he will join the list of other strikers that we have had in the past only to sap the goals out from them and end up calling him a failure.

What a load of cliched garbage. "You can't have an opinion that's negative", completely missing the threads about relegation, change of manager, replacements etc.

Why do the people who are against the manager come across as extremely childish? Just state your opinion about the manager, giving your reasons as to why he shouldn't be in charge and you'll get a proper response. Simple really. Having a go at other fans then complaining you never get the chance to moan really doesn't help your cause.

Throw out phrases like Pearsonite, Saint Nigel, dreamers and you won't be taken seriously.

What a load of cliched garbage. "You can't have an opinion that's negative", completely missing the threads about relegation, change of manager, replacements etc.

Why do the people who are against the manager come across as extremely childish? Just state your opinion about the manager, giving your reasons as to why he shouldn't be in charge and you'll get a proper response. Simple really. Having a go at other fans then complaining you never get the chance to moan really doesn't help your cause.

Throw out phrases like Pearsonite, Saint Nigel, dreamers and you won't be taken seriously.

Just turn this on its head. The people that aren't 'Pro-Pearson', I think, have read so much stuff about how good he is, how he should stay, some players have been bigged-up to a proportion that is nowhere near backed up by the stats...that they just get fed up reading it and express their frustration in words and phrases.

I'm not saying this is right, but I think that's where it comes from.

Know doubt we will hear, as I have just done from the Sky presenters that, Nige's substitutions changed the game.

- No, the last half hour is how we should have started the game - he's never proactive, always reactive. The problem with that is, you are by definition always playing catch up.

All season pretty much, I have been lamenting the fact that we have changed our style of play away from our passing, pressing game, with pace up front, employed with much success last season.

This I believe is one of the main reasons the season has been so abysmal. Not playing to our strengths, and being too defensive. This scenario began as long ago as the Newcastle away game, who at that time could not have been more 'there for the taking'. 

Today more of the same, offering Everton the advantage, waiting until behind until employing those tactics of last season. Anyone watching that game has had a summary of the strengths and weaknesses of our team.  Poor in defense, pretty good going forward, but ONLY when playing on the front foot and getting more than a lone striker up there.

For weeks I, and many others have been crying out for our out of form players to be replaced. Namely, Morgan, Schwarzer (other than Palace home has not had a game where hes not been at fault), and more recently Simpson. Game, after game, after game, these players are making errors, yet they still keep appearing. Our best defender of the season - Wasa - dropped, and mysteriously Hamer dropped however.

Even with the same personnel (in the squad) I contend that any half decent manager would have this team out of the relegation zone. Instead, barring miracles we will be in the lower division - the club £60m+ worse off.

NP's lack of awareness and tactical nous, for me, is the reason we will be relegated. 

Should have got rid long ago.

Pearson got everything right today in formation and tactics, we'd have been out of sight first half if Schlupp didn't have 50p feet and we restricted Everton to practically nothing until Simpson's poor decision making cost us a first

My only point would be that the team plays at a higher tempo when Nugent is on the pitch and he should start

I didn't really think Nige got it right and was disappointed with our attempt to close the game out. There really is little point in a managerial change now though, given what is available. Lets hope the team see the point as a good result because we need to believe we can get results against teams favoured to beat us.

Pearson got everything right today in formation and tactics, we'd have been out of sight first half if Schlupp didn't have 50p feet and we restricted Everton to practically nothing until Simpson's poor decision making cost us a first

My only point would be that the team plays at a higher tempo when Nugent is on the pitch and he should start

Think you are stretching it a bit there. Like someone said, his selection and formation saw us losing and was forced to make changes (Which credit where due, at least he did this week), but as in so many games, he gets it wrong initially and we are forced to play catch up.

I disagree - purely because I think his selection was flawed once more. Would like to see Was alongside Huth, and we were completely exposed down the right through Konchesky's lack of pace against Lennon...although can't fault his dedication and tenacity today. 

I disagree - purely because I think his selection was flawed once more. Would like to see Was alongside Huth, and we were completely exposed down the right through Konchesky's lack of pace against Lennon...although can't fault his dedication and tenacity today.

Nothing came from the right though, Konch had a fairly decent game. Playing 3 at the back allows a centre back to cover Konch if Lennon does get past Konch.

Archived