Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Unfortunately, which is where my problem with Pearson starts, but as you say nothing we can do about it although that doesn't excuse Pearson and he could do something other than playing his favourites.

Yeah he should play the people he doesn't think are good enough.

Can't be any worse than playing the players he does think are good enough.

Oh it can, a bloke near me maintains 'Woods' and King should be starting every week.

Watched a piece on NP prior to Sundays game on how he is used to battling relegation and has a good record of keeping teams up.

Got me thinking is that a good thing or does it mean that he is a crap manager as most of his teams struggle against relegation,?

Discuss?

I think its rather fetching and epitomises him......coco the clown.

Who do you want to replace coco then mad dog? And don't say 'should've been Pulis in November' cos it's not November and pulis wouldn'tve come then anyway. And could you give us your nickname for your preferred candidate so we can get used to it.

Who do you want to replace coco then mad dog? And don't say 'should've been Pulis in November' cos it's not November and pulis wouldn'tve come then anyway. And could you give us your nickname for your preferred candidate so we can get used to it.

David Pleat or Ian Holloway please \ 0 /

Irrelevant now but he would have come in November. December was too late.

there is no one available at the moment.

Watched a piece on NP prior to Sundays game on how he is used to battling relegation and has a good record of keeping teams up.

Got me thinking is that a good thing or does it mean that he is a crap manager as most of his teams struggle against relegation,?

Discuss?

He's had two relegation battles before this as a manager in eight years. His other seasons have been 1st twice, 5th, 6th, 9th and 11th.

I like how when Fulham buy McCormack for 11 million it's 'good business if he gets them up' but tried and tested top class Championship players like Vardy and Drinkwater who will get you up we apparently would barely get a penny for if we tried to sell...

its not really comparative though is it, McCormack could go on to be like ings or Austin, the 2 you mentioned are both premier league flops hence they would be valued as good Championship players.

its not really comparative though is it, McCormack could go on to be like ings or Austin, the 2 you mentioned are both premier league flops hence they would be valued as good Championship players.

Nonsense (IMO)

Vardy has struggled to come to terms with the PL , just as he did with the championship in his first year. Just unfortunate that it doesn't seem likely he will get the opportunity to show if he can raise it in his second PL campaign.

DD has only really been allowed to play his usual midfield role when combined in a two with king. I'm still sure that if he is able to play with James and isn't against a midfield three, you will see he is more than capable at this level.

As for McCormack, absolutely no evidence he could hack it at PL level.

Discuss?

Three teams he's kept up in relegation battles. One as assistant on the great escape with WBA, the other two he was caretaker for (Carlisle/Southampton).

All three he has to inherit poor performing sides.

Nonsense (IMO)

Vardy has struggled to come to terms with the PL , just as he did with the championship in his first year. Just unfortunate that it doesn't seem likely he will get the opportunity to show if he can raise it in his second PL campaign.

DD has only really been allowed to play his usual midfield role when combined in a two with king. I'm still sure that if he is able to play with James and isn't against a midfield three, you will see he is more than capable at this level.

As for McCormack, absolutely no evidence he could hack it at PL level.

Not nonsense at all, Potential is factored in  - Jordan Rhodes 8m 3 years ago. If you think Vardy will be valued anywhere near these guys after this season then you are sadly mistaken.

As for DD his leaving it late in the day, 25 games gone to show his potential, oh if its not against a midfield 3 - that's quite a big caveat even by your own admission. 

Irrelevant now but he would have come in November. December was too late.

there is no one available at the moment.

Where is there any evidence that he would've come in November? It's all I ever read on here (hence my comment)but there's nothing in the press from then, but it is still spouted as fact. He joined an established premiership team outside of the relegation zone that needed little addition, just some patience with a manager. West brom were (and are) a much safer proposition for Pulis who ditched palace when he wasn't allowed to splash the cash in the summer.

Where is there any evidence that he would've come in November? It's all I ever read on here (hence my comment)but there's nothing in the press from then, but it is still spouted as fact. He joined an established premiership team outside of the relegation zone that needed little addition, just some patience with a manager. West brom were (and are) a much safer proposition for Pulis who ditched palace when he wasn't allowed to splash the cash in the summer.

There will be no written evidence supplied I'm afraid! please accept that had we approached him by mid November, we would have got a positive response. I cannot say if negotiations would have led him to accept an offer because none took place. I assume that had we approached him, we would have made sure we gave him the package and promises he required.

And vardy isn't an out an out goalscorer like Rhodes. vardy has never been worth 8 mill. Given his age, he never will be. We would get around 4 mill if we sold in the summer. similarly, DD would fetch around the same fee. but we won't be selling cos we won't need to sell them and likely will require them next season.

We would get around 4 mill if we sold in the summer. similarly, DD would fetch around the same fee. but we won't be selling cos we won't need to sell them and likely will require them next season.

4m for DD serious ?! More like 400k.

Archived