Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Nothing came from the right though, Konch had a fairly decent game. Playing 3 at the back allows a centre back to cover Konch if Lennon does get past Konch.

As I said we were lucky - (and Lennon definitely looked a threat at times), unlike the other week against Arsenal when Walcott had a field day during the first half. Three at the back didn't avert a goal then. Konchesky is no WB and no LB either at this level. Like I said, I couldn't fault his commitment today.

Know doubt we will hear, as I have just done from the Sky presenters that, Nige's substitutions changed the game.

- No, the last half hour is how we should have started the game - he's never proactive, always reactive. The problem with that is, you are by definition always playing catch up.

All season pretty much, I have been lamenting the fact that we have changed our style of play away from our passing, pressing game, with pace up front, employed with much success last season.

This I believe is one of the main reasons the season has been so abysmal. Not playing to our strengths, and being too defensive. This scenario began as long ago as the Newcastle away game, who at that time could not have been more 'there for the taking'.

Today more of the same, offering Everton the advantage, waiting until behind until employing those tactics of last season. Anyone watching that game has had a summary of the strengths and weaknesses of our team. Poor in defense, pretty good going forward, but ONLY when playing on the front foot and getting more than a lone striker up there.

For weeks I, and many others have been crying out for our out of form players to be replaced. Namely, Morgan, Schwarzer (other than Palace home has not had a game where hes not been at fault), and more recently Simpson. Game, after game, after game, these players are making errors, yet they still keep appearing. Our best defender of the season - Wasa - dropped, and mysteriously Hamer dropped however.

Even with the same personnel (in the squad) I contend that any half decent manager would have this team out of the relegation zone. Instead, barring miracles we will be in the lower division - the club £60m+ worse off.

NP's lack of awareness and tactical nous, for me, is the reason we will be relegated.

Should have got rid long ago.

Bang wrong. Simpson shit as standard, Schlupp finished like he was wearing ski boots, but the keeper made no difference today and Wes did pretty well.

I don't understand the point of your post. You've had good reason to criticise NP in the past few weeks-selecting Simpson aside he was faultless today.

Pearson got everything right today in formation and tactics, we'd have been out of sight first half if Schlupp didn't have 50p feet and we restricted Everton to practically nothing until Simpson's poor decision making cost us a first

My only point would be that the team plays at a higher tempo when Nugent is on the pitch and he should start

What about all the Everton chances 

We did ok today but if you look at the game from a neutral point of view if Lukaku wasn't doing an impression of Akinbiyi we would have lost. He must have missed at least 4 sitters a terrible performance.

if you looked from a neutral point of view you'd say both Lukaku and Schlupp missed numerous chances.

Bang wrong. Simpson shit as standard, Schlupp finished like he was wearing ski boots, but the keeper made no difference today and Wes did pretty well.

I don't understand the point of your post. You've had good reason to criticise NP in the past few weeks-selecting Simpson aside he was faultless today.

Ok. I've made several points as to why he was wrong. I'm not going to re - write them, all again but I will add this would have been a decent result at any other time but we needed to win.

The summary:

A) not attacking enough from the start - not playing to our strengths.

B) keeps playing out of form players. Morgan was again poor - no own goals from him as it was Upsons turn. Countless times not in sync with others for offside trap, and easily bypassed. Any other day Lukaku scores at least with Wes nowhere to be seen.

Know doubt we will hear, as I have just done from the Sky presenters that, Nige's substitutions changed the game.

- No, the last half hour is how we should have started the game - he's never proactive, always reactive. The problem with that is, you are by definition always playing catch up.

All season pretty much, I have been lamenting the fact that we have changed our style of play away from our passing, pressing game, with pace up front, employed with much success last season.

This I believe is one of the main reasons the season has been so abysmal. Not playing to our strengths, and being too defensive. This scenario began as long ago as the Newcastle away game, who at that time could not have been more 'there for the taking'. 

Today more of the same, offering Everton the advantage, waiting until behind until employing those tactics of last season. Anyone watching that game has had a summary of the strengths and weaknesses of our team.  Poor in defense, pretty good going forward, but ONLY when playing on the front foot and getting more than a lone striker up there.

For weeks I, and many others have been crying out for our out of form players to be replaced. Namely, Morgan, Schwarzer (other than Palace home has not had a game where hes not been at fault), and more recently Simpson. Game, after game, after game, these players are making errors, yet they still keep appearing. Our best defender of the season - Wasa - dropped, and mysteriously Hamer dropped however.

Even with the same personnel (in the squad) I contend that any half decent manager would have this team out of the relegation zone. Instead, barring miracles we will be in the lower division - the club £60m+ worse off.

NP's lack of awareness and tactical nous, for me, is the reason we will be relegated. 

We cant play like we did last season its a different league against the bigger sides we have to be a bit more defense minded

Ok. I've made several points as to why he was wrong. I'm not going to re - write them, all again but I will add this would have been a decent result at any other time but we needed to win.

The summary:

B) keeps playing out of form players. Morgan was again poor - no own goals from him as it was Upsons turn. Countless times not in sync with others for offside trap, and easily bypassed. Any other day Lukaku scores at least with Wes nowhere to be seen.

Which game were you watching Morgan was one of our best players some great blocks

Today more of the same, offering Everton the advantage, waiting until behind until employing those tactics of last season. Anyone watching that game has had a summary of the strengths and weaknesses of our team. Poor in defense, pretty good going forward, but ONLY when playing on the front foot and getting more than a lone striker up there.

Totally agree with the whole post.

if you looked from a neutral point of view you'd say both Lukaku and Schlupp missed numerous chances.

Your joking right? Schlupp missed two, lukaku missed nearly triple that & they were sitters as well.

Schlupp missed one sitter and the other was well blocked by Stones.

The summary:

I agree with your summary, as well as you original post.

Today more of the same, offering Everton the advantage, waiting until behind until employing those tactics of last season. Anyone watching that game has had a summary of the strengths and weaknesses of our team.  Poor in defense, pretty good going forward, but ONLY when playing on the front foot and getting more than a lone striker up there.

I totally agree with the whole post.

I genuinely don't know how Morgan can be criticised today. Upson was weak for the first goal and he scored the second for them. Wes - as many times this season - put in some great blocks and had Lukaku on toast. He's had some dodgy moments but no more than any other defender out there.

The tactics were fine. If we'd started with 2 or even 3 up top we'd have been taken apart even by an average mess like Everton. People overlook the fact that 541 has served us pretty well and we've created plenty of chances with it. Every time we switch to supposedly more attacking line-ups we look like conceding again.

I understand that people don't like Pearson whether it's a tactical thing, a personal thing or both that's fine but there's also an element that are just criticising him and the team it for the sake of it and as we noticed in the match thread are taking delight in bad results. These people are plain and simple pricks who I'd happily drive into the ground like a tent peg. They're a new breed of 'fan' that need driving out. Yeah, you know who you are.

I am sure Pearson will still be at the helm, come the end of the season. There will be a few managerial changes then, and I just hope the board have the wisdom to bring in a decent manager, whether we are relegated or not.

I would love to see Sam here, should West Ham not renew his contract, but I doubt he come would if we are relegated.

The summer transfer window should be very interesting, but that is a million miles off yet. 

Come on City!

I understand that people don't like Pearson whether it's a tactical thing, a personal thing or both that's fine but there's also an element that are just criticising him and the team it for the sake of it and as we noticed in the match thread are taking delight in bad results. These people are plain and simple pricks who I'd happily drive into the ground like a tent peg. They're a new breed of 'fan' that need driving out. Yeah, you know who you are.

It's certainly got to that stage now. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

They are some selections today I question pre match but very little about today's performance was that bad.

Descriptions of awful are rubbish; the first half was remarkably equal and we began to boss the possession from 30 mins onwards. Schlupp has the best chance early doors of the game.

This whole thing of attacking? That we didn't attack. Before the equaliser, we had more attempts on goal and more shots on target according to Sky.

We did ok today but if you look at the game from a neutral point of view if Lukaku wasn't doing an impression of Akinbiyi we would have lost. He must have missed at least 4 sitters a terrible performance.

Schlupp missed loads in 1st half, 3 of them practically sitters... Couldn't even get em on target, even an open goal

We should have been out of sight

The summary:

Firstly, we've attacked loads this season and we've lost nearly every game we've done it in. Keeping it tighter while still creating 3 or 4 great chances (which Schlupp blew) was a sound tactic

Secondly, Wes was good today. I trust Matt Elliot's opinion on a CB's performance and Big Wes was his MotM today,with a lot of good interceptions and blocks while not letting Lukaku get anything in the air. Upson was the weak link today, he was a yard behind his man all the time which continued right up to his OG. Schlupp to his left rather than the similarly slow Konchesky may have helped him out more at times

Good to know - Im kopping it big time from others.

Bring it on!

Some will not have any of it mate, Pearson is very negative, when all he talks about is positives.

His tactics and players have failed all season barring the odd game, Man U will keep coming up.

We are in the shit this season, we need to throw caution to the wind, let teams worry about us attacking them, because we cannot keep clean sheets, so it's time to try and out score them.

Ok against Chelsea and Man city, go 5-4-1 to keep the score down, but the likes of West Ham, hull, west brom, and the likes, we should attack the **** out of them.

Some will not have any of it mate, Pearson is very negative, when all he talks about is positives.

His tactics and players have failed all season barring the odd game, Man U will keep coming up.

We are in the shit this season, we need to throw caution to the wind, let teams worry about us attacking them, because we cannot keep clean sheets, so it's time to try and out score them.

Ok against Chelsea and Man city, go 5-4-1 to keep the score down, but the likes of West Ham, hull, west brom, and the likes, we should attack the **** out of them.

Completely agree.  It's this style of play that got us into the league in the first place.

Pearson's negative style of play is gutting to see.  We're not a patch of what we were last season in the majority of our games this season.

Everton weren't great today - we could, and should, have had them.

Archived