Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

I can't get my head around it, one week we're too attacking, the next we're too defensive, then he makes too many changes, then it's not enough changes, one minute he'd got no plan b, the next minute every wants to stick to plan a. One minute De Laet is rubbish and Simpson should start as he couldn't be worse... then he's worse and De Laet should come back.

Everyone is so busy screaming about Pearson they can't see that virtually everyone on here is also picking a different team and different formation, or wanting different tactics. Yet they all unite against Pearson despite not even agreeing with each other. :D

Well lets be fair, we are just football fans that love their club, we all have our opinions on who should be in the team, and and what formation and tactics we should apply.

Pearson is on the other hand, the professional, the man in charge, the one being paid shit loads to get it right, and here we are three quarters through the season, and he still don`t seem to know what his best team is, or what formation or tactics best suit the team!

Wouldn't be sad to see him go now.

I'm getting disillusioned with his decisions, pissed off, angry, i've had enough, i'm not quite at the point of wanting him to go because of the amount of respect I had for him, I like[d] the bloke and he's done a great job with us but he's lost it, but don't think i'd be too sad if he went.

This opinion is just building and building though, getting more and more strong, it started a few weeks ago but it's winding me up. It's the only time i've questioned him but he's not learning.

Again the only reason he's still here and the only reason I that would worry me about him going is who would replace him, no-one sticks out.

As I always say though, like i've been saying about the players stepping up to plate, I really do hope Nige turns it round, start's learning and firmly sticks two fingers up at me and proves me wrong, G'won Nige do it!!!

Wait for it Matt, Pearson defenders wont have you saying the feeling of disillusion is growing ( which it is), probably not on pro Pearson foxes talk, but in the pubs, stands and the rest of the real world.

Cue the usual suspects

Hind Sight is a wonderful thing.

So you are saying you want Pearson to react to everything that happens in the game.

He only has 3 subs and how do you think the players would handle changing the system every 5 or 10mins?

Personally think the players would not have a fvcking clue what was going on and make even more mistakes.

I wish someone had reminded him of that at Villa in the cup, when he only felt the need to use one of them!

Wait for it Matt, Pearson defenders wont have you saying the feeling of disillusion is growing ( which it is), probably not on pro Pearson foxes talk, but in the pubs, stands and the rest of the real world.

Cue the usual suspects

Come on monsell, the pro Pearson argument is just as fierce as the anti. You are playing the victim.

Cue the usual suspects

Don't get me wrong i've been a huge Pearson fan and I still really do want him to turn it round, he's done a great job for us but tonight i've thought of the word to describe this situation we find ourselves in and for me the word disillusion sums it up perfectly.

So this might shock but I think we have to stick with big Nige - siege mentality should take place now and we should be like we were v Newcastle when we nearly dropped to div 3 in 91 - suck the ball into the net (mind we had a kop then) and our spirit kept us up. No one who comes in with 12 games left will make the difference and the signs are there that we can do this. I am no Pearson fan but I am Leicester til I die - we can squabble over managers in the summer WHEN we are still up.

Come On You Blues, it's going to be emotional but there is enough there with Cam, Kram, Kasper back and enough desire we can do it................

So this might shock but I think we have to stick with big Nige - siege mentality should take place now and we should be like we were v Newcastle when we nearly dropped to div 3 in 91 - suck the ball into the net (mind we had a kop then) and our spirit kept us up. No one who comes in with 12 games left will make the difference and the signs are there that we can do this. I am no Pearson fan but I am Leicester til I die - we can squabble over managers in the summer WHEN we are still up.

Come On You Blues, it's going to be emotional but there is enough there with Cam, Kram, Kasper back and enough desire we can do it................

:nigel:  Is that really a positive?!!

Fook me this thread still going???..hasn't the last couple of weeks proved to people that he Pearson Ain't going anywhere???

Things will soon change when we loose at home to dull and he and the team gets booed off. The gap between the lovers and haters is leaning toward the haters these days.

Yes - just posted in keeper thread but the lad bleeds Leicester and can win us points with his energy and belief - all goalies let goals in and he certainly is no worse that the other two

Thats what the Leeds fan felt, players are just as fickle as fans dont worry about that.

I can't get my head around it, one week we're too attacking, the next we're too defensive, then he makes too many changes, then it's not enough changes, one minute he'd got no plan b, the next minute every wants to stick to plan a. One minute De Laet is rubbish and Simpson should start as he couldn't be worse... then he's worse and De Laet should come back.

Everyone is so busy screaming about Pearson they can't see that virtually everyone on here is also picking a different team and different formation, or wanting different tactics. Yet they all unite against Pearson despite not even agreeing with each other. :D

Firstly, you're treating all people who oppose Pearson homogeneously by suggesting that they can't hold one common opinion with any credibility if they differ on other matters, which is not a million miles apart from lumping all those who support him into one category and calling them 'Pearsonites'. Deciding who our right back should be and deciding who our manager should be are quite obviously totally different matters.

Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that there's a lot of common ground which these people share other than wanting Pearson out and that many of these fans would agree with even the most fanatical of Pearson fans in saying that, for instance, Konchesky isn't good enough, or Wasilewski is worthy of a place in the side.

And finally you're overlooking the fact that Pearson has actually got a hell of a lot wrong this season. Our league position, the sorts of headlines he's made himself, the near-sacking, the peculiar tactical masterstrokes which have quite inequivocally backfired (e.g. two target men up front, no winger, after claiming to have 'spent more time this week practising crosses than at any time this season') are proof of that. We know that every game can be won, that there's a magic formula which no manager finds all of the time, and we can suggest our own solution to the problem with or without the benefit of hindsight - but it still doesn't divert from the fact that the manager who is paid to do this, and should be much better than we are at finding solutions, has so far failed to find them.

I don't see people saying that Pearson is a poor manager at this level because he didn't drop De Laet, who wasn't performing well enough, but then later suggest he should recall him because Simpson isn't performing etc. I see people saying that Pearson is a poor manager at this level because the decisions he does make consistently don't work.

If he was to go then I wouldn't mind Mark Warburton. He's done a fantastic job at Brentford, they play good football and he is leaving at the end of the season. .

If the club decides on a new manager in the summer, Warburton should be first choice. His record speaks for itself, and he's aiming high. One of the Brentford players said recently that he could manage England one day.

Firstly, you're treating all people who oppose Pearson homogeneously by suggesting that they can't hold one common opinion with any credibility if they differ on other matters, which is not a million miles apart from lumping all those who support him into one category and calling them 'Pearsonites'. Deciding who our right back should be and deciding who our manager should be are quite obviously totally different matters.

Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that there's a lot of common ground which these people share other than wanting Pearson out and that many of these fans would agree with even the most fanatical of Pearson fans in saying that, for instance, Konchesky isn't good enough, or Wasilewski is worthy of a place in the side.

And finally you're overlooking the fact that Pearson has actually got a hell of a lot wrong this season. Our league position, the sorts of headlines he's made himself, the near-sacking, the peculiar tactical masterstrokes which have quite inequivocally backfired (e.g. two target men up front, no winger, after claiming to have 'spent more time this week practising crosses than at any time this season') are proof of that. We know that every game can be won, that there's a magic formula which no manager finds all of the time, and we can suggest our own solution to the problem with or without the benefit of hindsight - but it still doesn't divert from the fact that the manager who is paid to do this, and should be much better than we are at finding solutions, has so far failed to find them.

I don't see people saying that Pearson is a poor manager at this level because he didn't drop De Laet, who wasn't performing well enough, but then later suggest he should recall him because Simpson isn't performing etc. I see people saying that Pearson is a poor manager at this level because the decisions he does make consistently don't work.

Our league position isn't down to Pearson only, although the people who've never warmed up to him will never cease to use it as a case in point against him.

Secondly, the headlines about Pearson tell you more about the media than Pearson himself. If you call this "wrong", then I wonder what you consider fraud, deceit, libel and greed to be in comparison to one "fvck off and die" and a harmless, albeit odd mingle with an opposing player.

How was the "near-sacking" wrong? I mean, seriously? Can't you grab a more ridiculous straw to cling onto? How is this even as an argument in your favour? If at all, it's just another case of a heinous frenzy, fueled by egocentric media representatives.

I find it really baffling that you aim all your criticism at one person in particular, deliberately overlooking that he's only a part in a puzzle.

Lastly, his decisions consistently don't work? I take it you didn't see one sub score a goal on Sunday and another one providing two assists?

If the club decides on a new manager in the summer, Warburton should be first choice. His record speaks for itself, and he's aiming high. One of the Brentford players said recently that he could manage England one day.

What - other than slightly more than one season at a mediocre club from the outskirts of London? That and the fact that some consider him to be "local", because he played for Leicester in his youth days?

Make no mistake, I find his achievements with Brentford so far astonishing, but there's a reason why the owner doesn't want to stand by him in the years to come and rather part ways.

Our league position isn't down to Pearson only, although the people who've never warmed up to him will never cease to use it as a case in point against him.

Secondly, the headlines about Pearson tell you more about the media than Pearson himself. If you call this "wrong", then I wonder what you consider fraud, deceit, libel and greed to be in comparison to one "fvck off and die" and a harmless, albeit odd mingle with an opposing player.

How was the "near-sacking" wrong? I mean, seriously? Can't you grab a more ridiculous straw to cling onto? How is this even as an argument in your favour? If at all, it's just another case of a heinous frenzy, fueled by egocentric media representatives.

I find it really baffling that you aim all your criticism at one person in particular, deliberately overlooking that he's only a part in a puzzle.

Lastly, his decisions consistently don't work? I take it you didn't see one sub score a goal on Sunday and another one providing two assists?

this is the bit i don't get about pro pearson fans.

we're bottom of the league but it's not his fault.

i will give him  credit for finally making a game changing substituion. well played nigel.

and then he brings on king for cambi (yes i know he was gassed) who couldn't tackle a lettuce.

it was crying out for hammond or was to  sit in front of the defence and see the game out.

to you everything bad that  happens to us is bad luck  or soembody  elses fault but pearsons.

i personally don't care who is in  charge of the club. i will praise good and criticize bad.

Best post 2015, in fact the only accurate post on any subject.

Have we (in recent history - last 15-20 years) ever had a Manager that polarises opinion as much as Nigel?

I know it's different now because of the rise of the 'Keyboard Warrior' and it's too easy for opinions to be made when you're not face to face, but it really feels like almost everyone sits on the extremely pro or extremely anti boundaries, with few in the middle.

:dunno:

That's the case with every issue regarding Leicester City, very few see both sides of the argument or if they do, don't voice it. They'd probably be accused of sitting on the fence if they did.

I am where I have always been, neither pro or anti Pearson but defending him from crap when I have the time or inclination to do so. I will not defend him from legitimate criticism however and there is a lot to criticise this season. I do wish people would stop conveniently ignoring or trying to rewrite history to suit their arguments, posting what is and has always been nothing more than repeated rumour/fan wisdom or just abusing him (although there's less of that than 2 years ago), there's no need for it.

What I will say is if we stay up and start badly next season, it'll probably be the right time for a change, if we go down, there's less chance of a mass exodus of players and more chance of coming back up under Pearson, although again it might be time for a change if we start badly. Until we reach that point, Pearson is the manager and I'll support him, the team and the club.

Archived