Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Firstly, we've attacked loads this season and we've lost nearly every game we've done it in. Keeping it tighter while still creating 3 or 4 great chances (which Schlupp blew) was a sound tactic

Secondly, Wes was good today. I trust Matt Elliot's opinion on a CB's performance and Big Wes was his MotM today,with a lot of good interceptions and blocks while not letting Lukaku get anything in the air. Upson was the weak link today, he was a yard behind his man all the time which continued right up to his OG. Schlupp to his left rather than the similarly slow Konchesky may have helped him out more at times

CC, Now I say this with respect, given you mention the opinions of Matt Elliott.

Did you watch the game or listen on the radio?

I ask this because, as much as I admire Matt for his service, ability, and achievements with the club, if you are basing your opinions on his opinions as a summariser on RL then I am happy to disagree.(you say he said Wes was MOTM

In this guise I find Elliott a fence sitter, spouting nothing but platitudes backing players and manager alike in every possible instance, in the face of all reasonable evidence.

With Matt neither manager, nor players make mistakes (yet we are bottom of the league).

I can't agree Wes was good on his say so, if you saw the game and think that - fair enough but I certainly did not see it that way - he was better than the last two months, no own goals sendings off, etc but I cannot see how he could be described as

A. good, B. even more so MOTM

Schlupp missed loads in 1st half, 3 of them practically sitters... Couldn't even get em on target, even an open goal

We should have been out of sight

I can't remember him having anymore chances than the 3 you mention?!

The open goal he should have buried! The shot that was blocked by stones was top class defending, he took it on the half volley as well and couldn't do anymore than getting it on target. As for his right footed shot that was not a sitter, he'd took the ball too wide and it was on his weaker foot! He got the shot on target and forced Howard to make a good save!

Lukaku could've on another day finished us off by 4 or 5 on his own.

Have we (in recent history - last 15-20 years) ever had a Manager that polarises opinion as much as Nigel?

I know it's different now because of the rise of the 'Keyboard Warrior' and it's too easy for opinions to be made when you're not face to face, but it really feels like almost everyone sits on the extremely pro or extremely anti boundaries, with few in the middle.

:dunno:

Completely agree.  It's this style of play that got us into the league in the first place.

Pearson's negative style of play is gutting to see.  We're not a patch of what we were last season in the majority of our games this season.

Everton weren't great today - we could, and should, have had them.

Thats because its a totally different league we cant play the way we did last season or if we did we would be down by now and had some hammerings

Thats because its a totally different league we cant play the way we did last season or if we did we would be down by now and had some hammerings

Some hammerings, and some results.

I can't stand losing by one goal every week with Pearson making us believe it was a close run thing. A lot of the time the other team is comfortable.

Is it a coincidence that were on the wrong end of the fine margins every time?

I can't stand losing by one goal every week with Pearson making us believe it was a close run thing. A lot of the time the other team is comfortable.

Another post a agree with, this fine margins bollocks has worn thin a long time ago.

Like you say if it really is down to fine margins, surely over time the fine margins would go in our favour.

Pearson sets up every game not to lose, negative tactics, get negative results.

Like you say getting beat by one goal using these tactics gives to those arguing we haven't been hammered, who cares we still got beat.

As the old saying goes, we have 12 cup finals to save our season, and I for one would like to see us go for it, attacking football, and if we take a few hammerings on the way so be it.

Rather that than this boring negative football, and being relegated with a whimper, which we have done so bad for so long with, let's be honest it couldn't get any worse.

Another post a agree with, this fine margins bollocks has worn thin a long time ago.

Like you say if it really is down to fine margins, surely over time the fine margins would go in our favour.

Pearson sets up every game not to lose, negative tactics, get negative results.

Like you say getting beat by one goal using these tactics gives to those arguing we haven't been hammered, who cares we still got beat.

As the old saying goes, we have 12 cup finals to save our season, and I for one would like to see us go for it, attacking football, and if we take a few hammerings on the way so be it.

Rather that than this boring negative football, and being relegated with a whimper, which we have done so bad for so long with, let's be honest it couldn't get any worse.

Couldn't disagree more, that just total bollocks

If anything we've been overexposed & too cavalier

A bit more nous from Pearson sooner in the season to have us playing more like the underdog (see Mourinho's away perfoamnces, especially in Europe) we'd have turned some of the one goal defeats into draws and a couple of the draws into wins. Not creating chances isn't our problem

If anything we've been overexposed & too cavalier

A bit more nous from Pearson sooner in the season to have us playing more like the underdog (see Mourinho's away perfoamnces, especially in Europe) we'd have turned some of the one goal defeats into draws and a couple of the draws into wins. Not creating chances isn't our problem

Don't care if you think it's bollocks, it's my opinion

I can't get my head around it, one week we're too attacking, the next we're too defensive, then he makes too many changes, then it's not enough changes, one minute he'd got no plan b, the next minute every wants to stick to plan a. One minute De Laet is rubbish and Simpson should start as he couldn't be worse... then he's worse and De Laet should come back.

Everyone is so busy screaming about Pearson they can't see that virtually everyone on here is also picking a different team and different formation, or wanting different tactics. Yet they all unite against Pearson despite not even agreeing with each other. :D

No its because we have been competitive in every match apart from two Swansea and maybe Man Utd away

I can't get my head around it, one week we're too attacking, the next we're too defensive, then he makes too many changes, then it's not enough changes, one minute he'd got no plan b, the next minute every wants to stick to plan a. One minute De Laet is rubbish and Simpson should start as he couldn't be worse... then he's worse and De Laet should come back.

Everyone is so busy screaming about Pearson they can't see that virtually everyone on here is also picking a different team and different formation, or wanting different tactics. Yet they all unite against Pearson despite not even agreeing with each other. :D

But this is exactly the problem. On Sunday we were too defensive. We invited  lack-lustre Everton side to attack us and went 1-0 down. Rubbish!

Then Pearson changes it, we go 3-4-3 and go 2-1. Brilliant!

But then he doesn't have the nous to change back to a defensive line-up to see the game out. We're within 5 minutes of a crucial away win, and Pearson still has 3 forwards on the pitch. It's not rocket science what he needs to do... but he doesn't do it!! Rubbish!

This is exactly what happened against Burnley, when he subs Hammond, brings on Knockaert and we end up conceding a goal.

Yes there are fans who have got it in for Pearson, but I think a lot of people just want him to stop making mistakes. That's all!

Maybe though his teams don't do the right things at the right times? Defensive is fine, at the right times, attacking, at the right times also.

Playing 4 centre mids at home to relegation candidates?

Leaving your 2 record signings on the bench for stoke at home?

Waiting until your losing to make changes then just stick all your strikers on and hoof it?

Were in March nearly and he doesn't know his best formation, best striker/partnership, centre backs, goalkeeper... Do I need to go on? We're a mess.

But this is exactly the problem. On Sunday we were too defensive. We invited  lack-lustre Everton side to attack us and went 1-0 down. Rubbish!

But then he doesn't have the nous to change back to a defensive line-up to see the game out. We're within 5 minutes of a crucial away win, and Pearson still has 3 forwards on the pitch. It's not rocket science what he needs to do... but he doesn't do it!! Rubbish!

This is exactly what happened against Burnley, when he subs Hammond, brings on Knockaert and we end up conceding a goal.

Yes there are fans who have got it in for Pearson, but I think a lot of people just want him to stop making mistakes. That's all!

If he doesn't play 3 4 3 with Konch and Simpson as right midfielders for the rest of the season, the man's an idiot. I assume you're just on the wind up anyway when you call it a 3-4-3 haha.

But this is exactly the problem. On Sunday we were too defensive. We invited lack-lustre Everton side to attack us and went 1-0 down. Rubbish!

Said what I wanted to, just better. Does things at the wrong times.

This thread is never as exciting when we get a decent result. 

Ferguson and Lennon. You seriously want to get rid of Nigel Pearson now for Darren Ferguson or Neil Lennon? Really? 

Yes he has struggled this year no doubt. But I can't think of anyone even close to him that would do a better job if we get relegated. Look at Wolves. Got rid of Mick McCarthy. Made a poor managerial decision after that and they free fall to League 1. McCarthy however gets a job at Ipswich and now they are flying. Proven manager. 

Please think before you speak. 

If he doesn't play 3 4 3 with Konch and Simpson as right midfielders for the rest of the season, the man's an idiot. I assume you're just on the wind up anyway when you call it a 3-4-3 haha.

No. It's what Nige called it, as reported in the Mercury:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Everton-2-Leicester-City-2-8211-reaction-Late/story-26066333-detail/story.html

Do your research sonny.

"haha"

No. It's what Nige called it, as reported in the Mercury:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Everton-2-Leicester-City-2-8211-reaction-Late/story-26066333-detail/story.html

Do your research sonny.

"haha"

Nah it was never a 3-4-3. You could argue that it was a 5-2-3 for the 10 minutes or so after Nugent and Vardy came on, but as soon as we went in front it was back to a 5-4-1. To be a 3-4-3 Simpson and Konchesky would have to be playing as wide midfielders, which never happened.

Hind Sight is a wonderful thing.

So you are saying you want Pearson to react to everything that happens in the game.

He only has 3 subs and how do you think the players would handle changing the system every 5 or 10mins?

Personally think the players would not have a fvcking clue what was going on and make even more mistakes.

Wouldn't be sad to see him go now.

I'm getting disillusioned with his decisions, pissed off, angry, i've had enough, i'm not quite at the point of wanting him to go because of the amount of respect I had for him, I like[d] the bloke and he's done a great job with us but he's lost it, but don't think i'd be too sad if he went.

This opinion is just building and building though, getting more and more strong, it started a few weeks ago but it's winding me up. It's the only time i've questioned him but he's not learning.

Again the only reason he's still here and the only reason I that would worry me about him going is who would replace him, no-one sticks out.

As I always say though, like i've been saying about the players stepping up to plate, I really do hope Nige turns it round, start's learning and firmly sticks two fingers up at me and proves me wrong, G'won Nige do it!!!

Archived