Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Questionable in relation to what? Pearson has no other Premier League season to fall back onto for a fair comparison. Yes, we're all grateful for his work with us and for us in the Championship years (and that League One title, mind), but why use not even a full PL season to slate his capabilities?

I remember similar words being uttered by his critics when he was first appointed - lack of knowledge of the league(s) we were in he had, but in the end and after a few years, he prevailed.

The manager isn't a perfect human being and he does have his flaws. However, looking at the sportive side of things, I wonder what some fans were expecting from him. Miracles? Can you tell me which other manager with a similar track record like Pearson managed to keep his club in the Premier League on the first time of asking, straight after getting promoted from the Championship?

Credit where credit is due - Pearson is adapting to the new surroundings. Just not fast enough for some.

In the end, you consider him being "poor" when I say he's being lambasted and overly criticized for not matching some fans' expectations. As for his "poor professional conduct", I still believe the incidents were massively blown out of proportion and I don't see why a manager is treated with different standards to other human beings (e.g. fans). There's always this onus on the manager to wash himself clean somehow or prove himself, whilst people like you (willfuly) ignore the other side of the argument and fail to criticize other parties involved, as well. I find that very one-sided, despite your claims having warmed up to the manager (which still bears the question how indifferent you are towards him at this point or to what degree you dislike him).

I agree a great deal with much of what you're saying, you know. And you shouldn't confuse me thinking that Pearson isn't the right man for us at this level, with me believing he's a poor manager.

There's also a huge amount of truth in what you say about managers being only a part of a puzzle. Unfortunately, you are going against the grain of how managers are viewed by fans, pundits and certainly chairmen in the modern game. And it's very hard to give Pearson full praise for good results, while not giving him proportionate criticism for bad results.

And sadly his results, whether based on the last six games, or the last 15 games, or the last 20, or the last 26, don't appear to show a manager adapting to this level, not at all.

Where I can't agree with you is in saying that a miracle was required in order for us to be doing better than we are now. And you surely can see that, if you're looking at potential managers with a view to getting into the PL and staying there, Pearson would not be very high on your shopping list right now. That's not to say he won't turn it around and be the hero all over again, but he has been terribly out of his depth at this level.

But I don't wish to dampen your optimism, nor do I want you to go thinking I've got some kind of grudge against a very good manager, so I've plus-one'd you for your enthusiasm. It's not intended to be ironic or patronising. The more passionate Pearson arguments seem to ring very hollow now, but I'd love there to come a day - not too far from now - when your comments carry a great deal more weight than they appear to at the moment.

There will be no written evidence supplied I'm afraid! please accept that had we approached him by mid November, we would have got a positive response. I cannot say if negotiations would have led him to accept an offer because none took place. I assume that had we approached him, we would have made sure we gave him the package and promises he required.

And vardy isn't an out an out goalscorer like Rhodes. vardy has never been worth 8 mill. Given his age, he never will be. We would get around 4 mill if we sold in the summer. similarly, DD would fetch around the same fee. but we won't be selling cos we won't need to sell them and likely will require them next season.

Basically thats my point there top end championship players, the 8 million was payed 3 years ago and in reference to our player and Mcormacks value.

I dont think a bloke that struggles to get in the worst team in the premier league is going to fetch 4 million thats probably the money we will end up getting for mahrez

Basically thats my point there top end championship players, the 8 million was payed 3 years ago and in reference to our player and Mcormacks value.

I dont think a bloke that struggles to get in the worst team in the premier league is going to fetch 4 million thats probably the money we will end up getting for mahrez

No fan of Jamie Vardy but he's price tag is determined by the club not this seasons form and due to that fact alone he wont go for less than four mil.

The "he's not an out and out goal scorer like Jordan Rhodes" is a daft argument as well though. If you were to say he's not as good as Jordan Rhodes full stop that would be a decent point.

Watched a piece on NP prior to Sundays game on how he is used to battling relegation and has a good record of keeping teams up.

Got me thinking is that a good thing or does it mean that he is a crap manager as most of his teams struggle against relegation,?

Discuss?

Presumably you did no research before posting this :facepalm:

Can't be any worse than playing the players he does think are good enough.

But it could though couldn't it.

Yeah I was fishing as I know Babs hates it when people say that lol

Seems he's been cleverer enough not to bite :-(

Ahhh bollocks. lol

I've never seen Jordan Rhodes or Ross McCormack be the catalyst to a team pissing the Championship like Vardy has.

They'd both be absolute shite in the top flight and we all know it.

McCormack has been shite most seasons in the championship lol

Wonder how many people would've thought that about ings and Austin a couple of years ago, also Lambert before the Liverpool move

You mean before getting promoted to the Premier League with Southampton?

I'd say Lambert has his best years behind him now.

As for Ings, he's only 22 years old - so a few years back, he was pretty much an unfinished article. It remains to be seen whether he can maintain his current form (be it with Burnley or at another club).

There will be no written evidence supplied I'm afraid! please accept that had we approached him by mid November, we would have got a positive response. I cannot say if negotiations would have led him to accept an offer because none took place. I assume that had we approached him, we would have made sure we gave him the package and promises he required.

And vardy isn't an out an out goalscorer like Rhodes. vardy has never been worth 8 mill. Given his age, he never will be. We would get around 4 mill if we sold in the summer. similarly, DD would fetch around the same fee. but we won't be selling cos we won't need to sell them and likely will require them next season.

You can't beat making up facts. I'm not accepting something that you've just made up mate.

GIF-yeah-right-GIF.gif

You can't beat making up facts. I'm not accepting something that you've just made up mate.

Don't worry - I'll get over it. Just pleased to have taken the thread away from slagging off the manager !

It occurred to me earlier today that if we are to somehow get out of this mess, it's unlikely we will catch the teams above us until late march at the very earliest. can we appreciate that and avoid the obvious 'we're still bottom' stuff until then? we have man city and spurs in our next three games and we are four points behind (plus they have an extra game in that time). We cannot hope to catch any of them before the end of march. If it arrives, our time will come in April.

Don't worry - I'll get over it. Just pleased to have taken the thread away from slagging off the manager !

It occurred to me earlier today that if we are to somehow get out of this mess, it's unlikely we will catch the teams above us until late march at the very earliest. can we appreciate that and avoid the obvious 'we're still bottom' stuff until then? we have man city and spurs in our next three games and we are four points behind (plus they have an extra game in that time). We cannot hope to catch any of them before the end of march. If it arrives, our time will come in April.

thanks for letting everybody know when they can and cannot post negative things, glad you're in charge.

ps - we beat  spurs the last  time we played them.

thanks for letting everybody know when they can and cannot post negative things, glad you're in charge.

ps - we beat spurs the last time we played them.

Come on tony - you may have been in the states for a while but you must recall that a question mark indicates a request and not an instruction? Yes - I can see us getting a point at WHL.

It just occurred to me how long we will remain bottom, even if things are to eventually go in our favour and I wanted to point it out. No doubt you have worked it out but plenty wouldn't .

Come on tony - you may have been in the states for a while but you must recall that a question mark indicates a request and not an instruction? Yes - I can see us getting a point at WHL.

It just occurred to me how long we will remain bottom, even if things are to eventually go in our favour and I wanted to point it out. No doubt you have worked it out but plenty wouldn't .

we are leicester.

which means somewhere along the line we'll beat  a good team, get our hopes up only for it to  be dashed again losing to a pish team the next week.

it's the hope that kills ya. :)

Archived