Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Hamer

Is this some kind of a joke thread? He had barely anything to do all bloody afternoon.

There's been such a turn of opinion against Kasper that Hamer just had to turn up to be better received.

He made a good save from Toure, made a good punch and his kicking was ok. I really hope he's in form for several weeks and does all the things Kasper supposedly doesn't do as it will help the team.

There's been such a turn of opinion against Kasper that Hamer just had to turn up to be better received.

He made a good save from Toure, made a good punch and his kicking was ok. I really hope he's in form for several weeks and does all the things Kasper supposedly doesn't do as it will help the team.

So do I.

I swear he got lucky on his kicking a lot though, I must have said at least half a dozen times "he never meant that" as the ball somehow managed to find it's way to one of our players after looking like he'd sliced it. Maybe that's his kicking style.

There was 3/4 times that Hamer came to the edge of his box to just pick up the ball, or smash it clear before a man City player got there. Kasper just wouldn't have done this and we could have conceded more.

Against Villa when Benteke was chasing a long ball over the tip, kasper stood back and only came out at the last minute meaning he had to make a save, if he came off his line quicker or had a better starting point (like Hamer) he would have been able to claim that ball and not need to make a save at all.

It was good to see him punch but he took it off Wasilewski's head and only got it to the edge of the box, a better finish and we'd all be moaning that it was the wrong decision to come for it. Good save from Toure and his distribution is a bit more measured than Kasper's usually is.

Nothing special on Saturday but he's been solid in his 2 league appearances so far and that's all you can ask for. 

im still not sure on hamer there was a lot less for him to do against man city as the defence was tighter. I think he might struggle if it comes to a match where he has a lot to do. but only time will tell. at the end of it all he has got 4-6 weeks to prove himself in my opinion and if he hasn't done enough kasper will come back into the squad when fit again

The fact the defence was tighter (as it was against Stoke) might have something to do with them having a goalkeeper behind them who can actually communicate and encouraging them instead of just bollocking them for other people's mistakes though.

The defence wasn't really tighter against Stoke, they were just awful anywhere near our box.

Watching MOTD I thought the good thing about Hamer was that he didn't look out of place, he made his saves look easy (good anticipation especially for Toure's half volley inside the box) which is what you expect of a good top level keeper. Was refreshing to see a keeper coming out to attack a set piece as well. Love me some Hames!

Watching MOTD I thought the good thing about Hamer was that he didn't look out of place, he made his saves look easy (good anticipation especially for Toure's half volley inside the box) which is what you expect of a good top level keeper. Was refreshing to see a keeper coming out to attack a set piece as well. Love me some Hames!

( he made his saves look easy ) That's the secret of a good Goalkeeper they anticipate danger and get themselves into good positions to make the save.

Whenever you see a Goalkeeper throwing himself all over the place there usually not very good.

The next few weeks should tell us how good Hammer is.

I think Kasper had far too many games, when his play was poor. He appeared to be far too complacent, expecting to be picked week in week out, which Pearson duly obliged him with. Lets hope when Kasper is fit, Hamer will keep him on his toes. If Ben has a good spell over the next few matches, he could well end up as first choice.

Go on Ben, show him what goal keeping is all about.

I can only remember him doing 2 things of note. Saving Toure's shot and coming out punching a corner. Both he did well at.

He didn't have much to do at all. Let's see how he gets on this weekend when Andy Carroll is charging in at him.

Good goalies sometimes make no spectacular saves in a game. Anticipation, themselves coming out and calling defenders to best positions means the last ditch defence not required.

Brave man with the beard. Respect.

Stepped up well.

Shame whoever is coaching them is doing a shit job at making their kicks better

Don't get the people moaning about his kicks, Man city have a massive midfield . If we kick it out we are not often going to win those aerial battles anyway. We should play from the back as we can pass and we have more chance of keeping possession.

• 1 month later...

Archived