Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

Fernando Torres linked

or we could quote the real figures of 45 in 172 apps

It is actually 46 in 182 apps... if you are looking at all cup games as well. I was referring to league record... still not a great record regardless how you try to pad it. No doubt if we took the risk I would be behind him and hope he does well of course, would love that to happen.

It is actually 46 in 182 apps... if you are looking at all cup games as well. I was referring to league record... still not a great record regardless how you try to pad it. No doubt if we took the risk I would be behind him and hope he does well of course, would love that to happen

id be happy with us having another 1 in 4 striker... or any 1 in 4 striker to be honest

In all seriousness, anyone who thinks he couldn't improve us vastly are probably the same people who called Esteban Cambiasso before he joined us and look what he's done to the team.

Form is temporary but class is permanent.

The point is, he hasn't been 'in form' for a few years now...

id be happy with us having another 1 in 4 striker... or any 1 in 4 striker to be honest

1 in 4, especially with the wage isn't going to cut it. So you will be happy with him scoring 4-5 goals for us from Jan till the end of the season. Don't forget he won't get too many chances to score, not like he does at Chelsea

The point is, he hasn't been 'in form' for a few years now...

He hasn't, but that said, he is still a damn sight better than what we currently have. As others have said we can give him his confidence back. What I've noticed this season is when you look at a lot of the other teams they have players in their teams with a presence...best comparison for me to make is imagine meeting a Hollywood actor who really stands out in a crowd. Bar Esteban and probably Leo and Riyad (perhaps Kasper on his day), there are few others to note who I think have fulfilled that brief so far.

We need players who, albeit not been in the best of form recently, can let their pedigree intimidate. We all get scared at the thought of players like Kompany, Ramsey, Costa. I know those three players are in their peak but you see what I'm getting at? We hardly have anyone who fulfills that pre-match; "Why do we have to face him this week?" type player. Need more of them to give us a fighting chance.

Page removed and the editor's son has been told to leave the office.

lol

Anyway, if Torres somehow manages to score around ten goals this season in a Leicester shirt, he could be the difference in keeping us in the top flight. That's all we're asking for.

Still... I don't believe it until I see it.

It's not silly season yet!!

In all seriousness, anyone who thinks he couldn't improve us vastly are probably the same people who called Esteban Cambiasso before he joined us and look what he's done to the team.

Form is temporary but class is permanent.

Played 12, lost 9. I don't think you can blame all that on Cambiasso though.

Im just being honest... there's goals in both Torres and Defoe who are both available... We all know how dangerous Knocky and Mahrez can be!

True. 21 goals in 120 appearances for Chelsea and Milan to be exact.

So, if he can maintain that level of fire power for us, that means if we signed him on January 1st we can expect him to bag a whopping THREE GOALS before the end of the season.

Mid-table safety here we come.

True. 21 goals in 120 appearances for Chelsea and Milan to be exact.

So, if he can maintain that level of fire power for us, that means if we signed him on January 1st we can expect him to bag a whopping THREE GOALS before the end of the season.

Mid-table safety here we come.

72 starts for chelsea, so a goal every 3.6 games, not gona get a better ratio than that in

72 starts for chelsea, so a goal every 3.6 games, not gona get a better ratio than that in

Depends.

If substitute appearances don't count then you also need to exclude any goals he got as a substitute to make your stat legit.

Anyway, one goal every 3.6 games will give him about FIVE goals between January and the end of the season. And that assumes that Schlupp and King can generate the same quantity and quality of chances for him that Hazard and Willian can.

Europa League here we come.

Depends.

If substitute appearances don't count then you also need to exclude any goals he got as a substitute to make your stat legit.

Anyway, one goal every 3.6 games will give him about FIVE goals between January and the end of the season. And that assumes that Schlupp and King can generate the same quantity and quality of chances for him that Hazard and Willian can.

Europa League here we come.

Do you see Wood, Nugent, Ulloa, Vardy getting 5 goals in that space of time? Exactly, better than what we already have and not a massive gamble ! cant lose!!

Do you see Wood, Nugent, Ulloa, Vardy getting 5 goals in that space of time? Exactly, better than what we already have and not a massive gamble ! cant lose!!

So Ulloa who has proven to score 6 in 16 with a high conversion rate will not get 5 goals?

I can think of half a dozen strikers capable of getting 5 or more goals that would be on far less wages.

Archived