Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Tottenham Pre-match

Why rest him? Is he injured or knackered? Do any of us know this?

I sense some doubts, finally, starting to creep in.

I've not seen Barcelona 'rest' Messi? And he's 'world class'.

When Messi is 34, I very much doubt he'll be starting every game.

They have already said why, so he can be fresher for the Hull game.

It's not a difficult concept, rest older players, keep them fresh for more important games. It has been going on with every manager and every club for just about ever.

Seriously Col? It was quite clear what people were saying - we have 2 games in 48 hours, one is far more winnable than the other, so we want our strongest side for that match rather than the other. But, of course you'd ignore what people actually said to make out like you're right.

When Messi is 34, I very much doubt he'll be starting every game.

They have already said why, so he can be fresher for the Hull game.

It's not a difficult concept, rest older players, keep them fresh for more important games. It has been going on with every manager and every club for just about ever.

Cmon Babylon. Cards on the table. We both know that Cambiasso is no more 'world-class' than Nigel Pearson has the faintest clue of what his best team and formation is. He used to be, without doubt..sadly no longer.

There have been some bizarre statements made about the chap since he signed. And they continue. Just look through this thread.

But I think people are starting to realise it...Cambiasso is now merely a good player..with skill and a range of passing, but who is getting caught out too often in a side that is really struggling.

To analyse your argument..well 3 points is 3 points. We need them at home to Tottenham just as much as do away to Hull. We've all said it..one win could be the catalyst. Why not play your best side on Boxing Day in front of a full house, to win the game, to then take that confidence boost away to a struggling Hull side?

You're clutching here mate. Unusually so for you.

I think the realisation is finally sinking in that Cambiasso, far from being world class, may even be limiting our best style of play..the quick, counter attacking game that has served us well under Pearson. They just don't want to admit it.

To do so would be to accept that, yet again, many have built up a player so much that they can't, just can't see that actually they overdid it. Similar to Beckford in that respect. Many were STILL suggesting he was an ace goalscorer when it was blatantly obvious he actually didn't 'fit'. I remember it well.

Personally, I'd drop Esteban v Spurs. Not due to arbitrary 'fitness' issue, nor so that we can 'save him' for the Hull game..lol

Simply because I want more energy in the midfield area. Younger legs back there. Drinkwater, James and King supporting each other. That's why. No other reason.

We will almost certainly beat Spurs, then lose away at Hull.

I agree. I'd play my strongest side, at home, in front of a full house against a Spurs side who can be very good or very bad in equal measure. I don't expect to get an awful lot from the Hull game. But I'd still play my strongest side available then too. Barring injury.

I'm really not even sure where to start, but I will try.

Cmon Babylon. Cards on the table. We both know that Cambiasso is no more 'world-class' than Nigel Pearson has the faintest clue of what his best team and formation is. He used to be, without doubt..sadly no longer.

How many people have said he's currently world class? One? You need to stop putting stuff in quote marks and making out that anyone who thinks Cambiasso is actually ok, has somehow said he's world class.  You do this all the time, one person saying something, is one persons opinion and not everyone's, certainly not mine.

There have been some bizarre statements made about the chap since he signed. And they continue. Just look through this thread.

There have also been bizarre statements from you about him, so perhaps you should just call it quits?

But I think people are starting to realise it...Cambiasso is now merely a good player..with skill and a range of passing, but who is getting caught out too often in a side that is really struggling.

Who are these people? Thinking you should rest a 34 year old for one game over another is not an admission of anything in anything way, only in your mind. The whole fecking team is struggling, from front to back. Andy King has been wank, Hammond has been wank, everyone has looked wank at times. That happens in a team with not enough quality.

To analyse your argument..well 3 points is 3 points. We need them at home to Tottenham just as much as do away to Hull. We've all said it..one win could be the catalyst. Why not play your best side on Boxing Day in front of a full house, to win the game, to then take that confidence boost away to a struggling Hull side?
You're clutching here mate. Unusually so for you.

There is no clutching at anything, I've not even said rest him. I tried to relay the opinion of someone else to you, you seemed to be missing the point. Clearly I've failed, or you are just being obtuse. The reason for one over another is quite clear, Hull are about as shit as us, Spurs are someway off being as shit as us. The game with Hull is a "6 pointer" the game with spurs is not.

I think the realisation is finally sinking in that Cambiasso, far from being world class,

Literally only one person has ****ing said that, get that around your noggin. He is what he is, a decent but aging player. A player that has actually been one of the brighter spots of a wanky season, that's the general opinion of most people. Not that he's "world class"

He may even be limiting our best style of play..the quick, counter attacking game that has served us well under Pearson. They just don't want to admit it.
To do so would be to accept that, yet again, many have built up a player so much that they can't, just can't see that actually they overdid it. Similar to Beckford in that respect. Many were STILL suggesting he was an ace goalscorer when it was blatantly obvious he actually didn't 'fit'. I remember it well.

**** me, here we go again Beckford this Beckford that. Why is literally everything you write nothing but a vessel for you to tell everyone you were right about something.

Personally, I'd drop Esteban v Spurs. Not due to arbitrary 'fitness' issue, nor so that we can 'save him' for the Hull game.. lol
Simply because I want more energy in the midfield area. Younger legs back there. Drinkwater, James and King supporting each other. That's why. No other reason.

Younger legs, it wasn't so long ago you were telling us we're best with Dean Hammond in there.

He's a quality player, and really the only player who's consistently shown that he can cut it in this division, but world class? No. He was, particularly in that Mourinho Inter side, but now he's just a very good player and one of the only bright sparks we've got.

No, some believe it. I'm convinced. Don't u-turn.

So out of 16,473 members, you've counted 5 people (one of whom was fishing)... and that somehow blows my points out of the window? I'd think that cements my point actually.

What you are currently doing is putting something in quote marks and making out it's everyone's opinion. It's not. Just as me putting "Col has lost the plot" in quote marks, doesn't make it everyone's opinion. Although the numbers thinking it are probably higher than 5.

So out of 16,473 members, you've counted 5 people (one of whom was fishing)... and that somehow blows my points out of the window? I'd think that cements my point actually.

What you are currently doing is putting something in quote marks and making out it's everyone's opinion. It's not. Just as me putting "Col has lost the plot" in quote marks, doesn't make it everyone's opinion. Although the numbers thinking it are probably higher than 5.

5 'world classers'

Umpteen 'oozes quality and would get into most top teams in the Prem'ers'

Still more 'spaffers'

lol

The point remains...

Just look at this thread... And that's sitting at the bottom of the division and being utterly dreadful.

Cmon...

The best part of the 'spaffers' was the term 'spaffing'..one which I'd not heard before and have used it in sundry conversations since.

lol

5 'world classers'

Umpteen 'oozes quality and would get into most top teams in the Prem'ers'

Still more 'spaffers'

lol

The point remains...

Just look at this thread... And that's sitting at the bottom of the division and being utterly dreadful.

Cmon...

The best part of the 'spaffers' was the term 'spaffing'..one which I'd not heard before and have used it in sundry conversations since.

lol

He does ooze quality at times, any fool can see that. Certainly more so than most of our players, only he and Mahrez have showed any flashes of real quality. Do you think they are going to do it all on their own?

He does ooze quality at times, any fool can see that. Certainly more so than most of our players, only he and Mahrez have showed any flashes of real quality. Do you think they are going to do it all on their own?

Yes, the open goal had me openly spaffing..see, I've used the term once more..

lol

There's a world of difference between showing glimpses of quality (as he does) and being a quality player, consistently at this level. It also takes away, very conveniently, from what he don't do..which was always my point.

Anyway, enough.. I read what I read..and I'm afraid you aren't going to convince me I dont.

I agree. I'd play my strongest side, at home, in front of a full house against a Spurs side who can be very good or very bad in equal measure. I don't expect to get an awful lot from the Hull game. But I'd still play my strongest side available then too. Barring injury.

Pretty hard to know what that is, we've been so so awful for so long. Defensively especially but all over. So depressing

I'm surprised at Col getting so hung up on this Cambiasso business. Maybe we needed a ball-winning midfielder more than him, but he has still been better than any of our central midfielders this season. So maybe we could talk about dropping Drinkwater or King, or James or Hammond, but why does this always come back to Cambiasso?

And his work-rate over previous games has been extremely good. Almost end-to-end, in fact. When you talk about having 'some legs on the field', I'd argue that this would be an even better reason to put Cambiasso on the team sheet before the others.

None of this is to say that we won't drop him and improve, nor that we were better off signing him than a midfield ball-winner. But we've got what we've got and up to now he's been about the best of what we've got.

Yes, the open goal had me openly spaffing..see, I've used the term once more..

lol

There's a world of difference between showing glimpses of quality (as he does) and being a quality player, consistently at this level. It also takes away, very conveniently, from what he don't do..which was always my point.

Anyway, enough.. I read what I read..and I'm afraid you aren't going to convince me I dont.

But he's also been our most consistent midfield performer, he's worked as hard and harder than anyone else on the pitch... and, crucially, we have no 'consistently quality' players as an alternative.

I'm surprised at Col getting so hung up on this Cambiasso business. Maybe we needed a ball-winning midfielder more than him, but he has still been better than any of our central midfielders this season. So maybe we could talk about dropping Drinkwater or King, or James or Hammond, but why does this always come back to Cambiasso?

And his work-rate over previous games has been extremely good. Almost end-to-end, in fact. When you talk about having 'some legs on the field', I'd argue that this would be an even better reason to put Cambiasso on the team sheet before the others.

None of this is to say that we won't drop him and improve, nor that we were better off signing him than a midfield ball-winner. But we've got what we've got and up to now he's been about the best of what we've got.

Getting hung up on stuff is his specialty!! Col sees a 34 year old getting rested as some sort of victory, us getting relegated will in some way be down to not having a DM and playing Cambiasso.

Totally agree with everything you put.

Two points.. See the Cambi thread over the summer and you'll see where I'm coming from. That forms the basis of my subsequent discussion. Second, if he's the best we have, as I've said, we are in trouble. Which we are, of course. So that's pretty much confirmed that.

No worse than any of em..but world class, or oozing quality? Stop it, you'll have me spaffing again...

lol

Getting hung up on stuff is his specialty!! Col sees a 34 year old getting rested as some sort of victory, us getting relegated will in some way be down to not having a DM and playing Cambiasso.

Totally agree with everything you put.

Stop it, or Bergerac will comment again..

Bloody Bergerac! Surely you can do better than that.

lol

Archived